Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official (3343 Views)

US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond / Will US Ever Engage In Direct Confrontation With North Korea, Russia And China? / At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 29, 2023
The military official stressed that NATO should be better prepared because currently Russia has the military initiative

Chair of the NATO Military Committee Rob Bauer said that the US-led bloc is ready for a direct confrontation with Russia in an interview with Portugal’s RTP TV channel.

Replying to a question on the matter, he asserted: "We are ready." That said, he added that NATO is going to respond only if Russia crosses the red line by invading one of NATO member states.

The military official stressed that NATO should be better prepared because currently Russia has the military initiative. "The fact that your enemy has better weapons is not the problem of the enemy. That is your problem," he said.

The interview also raised the issue of introducing "a war-time economy but in peace time," however, Bauer admitted that this process would be difficult.

SOURCE

Countries that voted against UN resolutions to combat the glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fueling contemporary forms of racism

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by sammy7410(m): 6:27am On Jan 29, 2023
Abeg make them start already na
Sha Libya cross d red line when dey enter Africa

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 29, 2023
sammy7410:
Shey Libya cross d red line when dey enter Africa
Abi o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 29, 2023
The human resources of the Ukrainian Nazi regime is not infinite.
They suffer massive losses and consistently lose ground.
NATO is ready, they should go and uproot President Putin from the Kremlin like they did to Gaddafi.
Between Zelensky and NATO, it's hard to choose who the biggest loser is.
NATO was directly involved in Afghanistan and they were defeated by rag tag Talibans.
Russia has done more damage to thier reputation and their illusion of invincibility.

Croatia, a member country of NATO has disassociated itself from NATO'S war with Russia.

StephonClarkS2:

NATO bloc member disassociate self from NATO's War Against Russia

The US and Germany might be at war with Russia, but that is news to Croatia, said Zoran Milanovic.

Commenting on the German foreign minister’s declaration that Europe is “fighting a war against Russia,” Croatian President Zoran Milanovic said on Thursday that this was news to him, and wished Berlin better luck than in WWII.

Croatia “should in no way help” Ukraine militarily, Milanovic said while visiting the port city of Split. “Do you want us to enter the war?”

Framing the Ukraine conflict as one between Washington and Moscow, he reminded reporters that he was criticized for merely echoing the words of Kiev’s defense minister, about the current conflict being a “proxy war” between NATO and Russia.

“Now the German foreign minister says we must be united, because I quote, we are at war with Russia. I didn’t know that,” Milanovic said. “Maybe Germany is at war with Russia, but then, good luck, maybe this time it turns out better than 70-odd years ago.”

The Croatian president was baffled to hear such a claim from the leader of the German Greens, which he said used to be a pacifist party equally against the US and the USSR, and not from Chancellor Olaf Scholz.

“If we are at war with Russia, then let’s see what we need to do. But we won’t ask Germany for its opinion,” Milanovic added. “Let them figure out who is the actual chancellor over there. I’ve been in politics for a long time, and our country has been through a lot, but I’ve never seen this kind of madness before.”

When it comes to tanks, “Russian or American, they burn just the same,” Milanovic said, noting that deliveries of armor to Ukraine – announced by the US and Germany this week – will only prolong the fighting.

“Those tanks may burn, or they may reach Crimea, but Croatia will have nothing to do with it,” he insisted. The social-democrat president has frequently clashed with the nationalist parliamentary majority over Croatia’s Ukraine policy. Just last month, Milanovic opposed Zagreb’s participation in the EU program to train Ukrainian troops, saying it clashed with Croatia’s constitution.

Unless the US and Russia are holding some kind of talks, the world is “slowly sliding into World War Three,” Milanovic added. “Some people think it has already begun, but I have my reservations.”

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by orisa37: 6:52am On Jan 29, 2023
WHO OWNS THE RUSSIA THAT IS BETWEEN LUTHANASIA AND POLAND?
Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by gfelo(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2023
Is good to be powerful, only Russia for good one year held all the NATO country to their knee, if na one African country now dem go dey form world power.

Last last they will negotiate with Russia or Russia take Ukraine back and make them their slaves, while the west wallow in weakness and never dare Russia.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 29, 2023
Libya was a very prosperous country before NATO invaded and destabilized the country.
Now the country is left in ruins.
The destruction and destabilization of Libya had a negative impact on countries like Nigeria.

Everywhere NATO goes, they live their regular trade mark of death, destruction, destabilization and neocolonialism.
They've never actually brought peace.
They create imaginary enemies to justify their existence.

The media is mute on the illegal US occupation of Syria.

DebbyParkway:
China Castigates US For Stealing Oil From Syria It is stated that the Syrian people’s right to life is being ruthlessly trampled on by the US US theft of Syrian oil exacerbates the energy and humanitarian crisis in the war-torn Middle Eastern country, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Wang Wenbin said at a briefing on Tuesday. "According to Syrian government data, in the first half of 2022, over 80% of Syria’s daily oil output was smuggled out of the country by US occupation troops <…> Such banditry is aggravating the energy crisis and humanitarian disaster in Syria. The Syrian people’s right to life is being ruthlessly trampled on by the US," the diplomat said. "The US must answer for its oil theft. The Syrian people and the international community deserve an answer. We urge the US to stop trampling on international rule of law and breaking international rules," Wang Wenbin emphasized. Most parts of the Syrian provinces of Deir Ez-Zor, Raqqa and Hasakah in the country’s east and northeast are under the control of the Kurdish Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) backed by the US. According to Lebanon’s Al Mayadeen TV channel, the US-led Western coalition assists the Kurdish autonomous administration in setting up production at mothballed wells. According to the news outlet, this is done in order to create an economic base with subsequent oil sales. Damascus views America’s military presence on Syrian soil as an illegal occupation of the country.

5 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by VeryWickedGoat: 7:06am On Jan 29, 2023
gfelo:
Is good to be powerful, only Russia for good one year held all the NATO country to their knee, if na one African country now dem go dey form world power.

Last last they will negotiate with Russia or Russia take Ukraine back and make them their slaves, while the west wallow in weakness and never dare Russia.

I was just about to type this.
Only one country against more than 30 countries for how many years now!!

If 10 countries surround the US they are gone.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by AmuDimpka: 7:06am On Jan 29, 2023
Shameless and cowards ... NATO IS over 34 nations still afraid to fight Russia

Bunch of pussies

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 29, 2023
gfelo:

I'm Nigerian by birth but I'm Russian at heart.
I'm proud of Russia.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 29, 2023
AmuDimpka:
Shameless and cowards ... NATO IS over 34 nations still afraid to fight Russia

Bunch of pussies
They don't mind if Zelensky's Nazi militants are used as canon fodder.
NATO's motto is use and discard.

8 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Spirit247: 7:57am On Jan 29, 2023
Ok.
Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by TenHag: 8:06am On Jan 29, 2023
3rd
Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by sparta191(m): 8:39am On Jan 29, 2023
Now we all know who the real world power is.

3 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Inhuman69: 8:45am On Jan 29, 2023
sammy7410:
Sha Libya cross d red line when dey enter Africa
NATO is not UN shay you know right
Please educate yourself better
They had nothing to do with Libya

1 Like

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Inhuman69: 8:46am On Jan 29, 2023
DebbyParkway:

I'm proud of Russia.

And the Russians hate you fam don’t think they like you like even if you kill hundreds of Ukrainians they’re very racial

1 Like

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by KnowledgeIsVast(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2023
Inhuman69:

NATO is not UN shay you know right
Please educate yourself better
They had nothing to do with Libya

You know nothing I just de laugh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by okeysoninv: 9:03am On Jan 29, 2023
we warned early this year that NATO will battle Russia this year.. let's see how things unfold. part of one of world war 3 will happen this year. more years of conflict ahead
Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Inhuman69: 9:04am On Jan 29, 2023
KnowledgeIsVast:

You know nothing I just de laugh

Can’t you see clearly that (UN) United nation gave them permit ,
Like they needed Allie’s permission to operate
Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by AmuDimpka: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2023
DebbyParkway:

I'm proud of Russia.
that country is solid and the strongest nation on earth...

How can NATO of a country of over 30 idiotic nations afraid of even sending boots on ground to Kiev

Pussies

6 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by AmuDimpka: 9:06am On Jan 29, 2023
Inhuman69:

And the Russians hate you fam don’t think they like you like even if you kill hundreds of Ukrainians they’re very racial
you have been to the minds of millions of Russian to know if the hate or love him

What the fück ks wrong woth some of you guys

4 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by AmuDimpka: 9:07am On Jan 29, 2023
DebbyParkway:

They don't mind if Zelensky's Nazi militants are used as canon fodder.
NATO's motto is use and discard.
exactly

3 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Kaysalas(m): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2023
orisa37:
WHO OWNS THE RUSSIA THAT IS BETWEEN LUTHANASIA AND POLAND?
grin was very shocked like you too when I first discovered that tiny bit of Russia. Dem nor born dia papa well to invade that place, mother Russia go collect all of what is called mainland Europe back, na only U.K go remain. Of course, saved by the English channel. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Inhuman69: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2023
You guys in this thread just hate on US for nothing
The real enemy is russia
How can you be in support of someone invading someone else space
US has been trying to prevent world war but you guys in this act like USA is the bad guy
Forgetting NATO consist of different countries
Shame

“The problem of this country is the people that they didn’t educate before”
~ Peter Obi

4 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Inhuman69: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2023
AmuDimpka:
you have been to the minds of millions of Russian to know if the hate or love him

What the fück ks wrong woth some of you guys
Not everyone in Russia will be in support of a dicktator type of leader
The issue is freedom which the Russians are losing in this 21st century
Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Kaysalas(m): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

I was just about to type this.
Only one country against more than 30 countries for how many years now!!

If 10 countries surround the US they are gone.
Forget this last statement O! If Russia nor dey the 10 countries, na flogging dem go collect. Even Russia nor go dare invade U.S.A
Know this and know peace
Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by AmuDimpka: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2023
🇷🇺 New Russian hypersonic Zircon missile to be adopted by Russian Navy this year

State-of-the-art Zircon guaranteed to overcome missile defenses, boasting top speed of 11,000 km/h (6,900 mph) and range of 1,500 km.

This is just the game changer

8 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Kaysalas(m): 9:13am On Jan 29, 2023
DebbyParkway:

I'm proud of Russia.
That makes two of us wink

2 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by AmuDimpka: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2023
Kaysalas:

Forget this last statement O! If Russia nor dey the 10 countries, na flogging dem go collect. Even Russia nor go dare invade U.S.A
Know this and know peace
floggin by USA ! I laugh

They couldn't flog tiny
Vietnam they ran out
Korean war they ran
Afghanistan they ran out

Iraq they are planning to run out
Syria they are confused

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by AmuDimpka: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2023
Kaysalas:

That makes two of us wink
that makes three of us , if there is anything like that

Russia is a balancer...if you leave these western guys they will run us around with their madness and trans

5 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by Kaysalas(m): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2023
Inhuman69:
You guys in this thread just hate on US for nothing
The real enemy is russia
How can you be in support of someone invading someone else space
US has been trying to prevent work war but you guys in this act like USA is the bad guy
Forgetting NATO consist of different countries
Shame

“The problem of this country is the people that they didn’t educate before”
~ Peter Obi
It's really not hard identifying Obid*unces, your lack of knowledge knows no bounds.
Even with the internet, you can't read up on Russia's reasons for this invasion. Shame

2 Likes

Re: NATO Ready For Direct Confrontation With Russia — Official by AmuDimpka: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2023
According to Estonian intelligence, missile attacks on Ukraine could continue for another six to nine months.

According to the head of Estonian intelligence Margo Grosberg, at best, Ukraine can be bombed for up to three months. At worst, up to nine. It all depends on the amount of ammunition that remained in Russia.

And how many of them are obviously not known in Tallinn

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Claim: Obama Hid 'Gay Life' To Become President / Netanyahu Turns Down Obama Meeting And Cancels US Trip / A Coup Is Taking Place Right Now In Republic Of Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.