Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,252 members, 7,864,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:55 PM

Heaven’s Door. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven’s Door. (91 Views)

Policeman Opens Car Door For Apostle Johnson Suleman, Nigerians React (Photo) / I Am A Christian But Dont Believe In Heaven Or Hell / What Does Heaven Have To Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heaven’s Door. by AbundantLife05: 6:11am On Jan 29, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
HEAVEN’S DOOR. Revelation 4:1
Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voice said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” NLT.

I wrote a message two years ago titled the door. You can check and read it after reading this. In the teaching, I defined a door as a point of entry that can be in form of a door, a gate or anything that connects a place to another. I discussed with you the types of doors we have, I wrote that we have the physical door (Luke 11:5-cool, ancient doors (Ps 24:7&9), the gate of hell (Mt 16:18), your heart as a door (Rev3:20), Jesus the ultimate door (John 10:7-7-9) and lastly heavenly door (Rev 4:1-11).

It has pleased God that we dwell on the last point in the 2021 teaching today. Let’s start here, our text says “I saw a door standing open in heaven”. What is heaven? In the second teaching of this year titled Heaven and Earth, I explained that heaven has three meanings. There are three levels of heaven. The first level is the sky which include the air that we breathe. James 5:18: Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops. NLT. The second heaven is the space where we have the sun, stars and the moon. Matthew 5:18: I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. NLT. The third heaven is the realm where God lives. The realm is different to what we know, it is a realm that gets revealed when its door gets opened. 2 Corinthians 12:1-3: This boasting will do no good, but I must go on. I will reluctantly tell about visions and revelations from the Lord. [2]I was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. [3]Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know. NLT.

The third heaven is the focus of our teaching this morning, it was the third heaven that John saw in the book of revelation. It is the realm where God dwells, the throne of God is there, the twenty four elders are in that realm as revealed by Rev 11 and the “lifestyle” of heaven is revealed when access to the realm is granted. The significance of the revelation of that realm is that we are citizens of the realm through our faith in Christ. By confessing Jesus as our Lord and saviour, we enter into the kingdom of God and our names are written in the book of life. When God writes our names in the book of life, it means that we have gained entrance into the realm of God.
Also, the heavenly realm of God connects us to revelations from God. These revelations are the ones that human thoughts and imaginations cannot come up with. It was after the door of heaven was opened that John began to see things about the future and the past.

The heavenly door is very significant, firstly, it opens to bring people into the kingdom of God and secondly, it opens to give us access to all forms of revelation. Therefore, if you are reading this and you have not given your life to Christ, I urge you to do so in order to have your name written in the book of life and to hear from God. If you have decided to do so, say this prayer wholeheartedly; Dear Jesus, I believe that you died for my sins and you resurrected on the third day by the power of God, please forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life and I will serve you forever. Amen. If you have recited the prayer, I congratulate you and I urge you to join a bible believing church as you begin your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

One More Chance / Maiden ACORA Youths Symposium Holds In Awka / Revival Through Retreat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.