Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Medicine And Surgery At 24 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medicine And Surgery At 24 (1257 Views)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medicine And Surgery At 24 by sotherefore: 9:53am On Jan 29, 2023
I'm writing jamb this year seeking to study medicine and surgery , currently I'm 23 but by then I might be 24.
So many people have spent over nine years in medical school due to strike. Am I too late ?
Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by Clear090: 9:54am On Jan 29, 2023
Interesting
Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by donaldking10: 10:26am On Jan 29, 2023
lol...
get admission 1st before u start asking questions.
or u feel getting medicine admission na beans?

2 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by Scope26(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2023
sotherefore:
I'm writing jamb this year seeking to study medicine and surgery , currently I'm 23 but by then I might be 24.
So many people have spent over nine years in medical school due to strike. Am I too late ?
I'm a student of University of Ibadan; currently a fresher. My roommate is a fresher as well studying medicine and surgery and he will be clocking 27 this year.

I guess you're subjecting yourself to voices around you trying to tear you down. I've met people who were already working after graduating from a course who still went back to school to study medicine despite their old age.

If you don't tell anyone, they can only keep guessing.

7 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by code9(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
Let me give you word of encouragement.
My wife applied to study Medicine at the age of 19, she was denied. However, the school gave her Biology instead. She went ahead and studied it. Graduated at 23 as the best in her department. Got married immediately after graduation, did her NYSC, had 3 children and today 10 years later, she is back in school studying Nursing. She is well in her 30's and trust me, this is one of the most difficult decision we have ever taking cos it's taking a toll on us. But guess what? We both think it's the best decision. Why do I say this? Ever since she graduated from biology, she has always regretted not studying medicine. Like she doesn't find fulfilment in anything else. So now she is doing Nursing, I think she will find closure as she sees it as a comparable discipline. There's nothing like doing what your heart desires no matter the time. At 24 I think u still have the world ahead of you. If you invest in your heart desire now, before U know it 9 year will roll by. Stop the analysis paralysis and take a leap of faith. No one holds the formula for life and success. You just do your part and let the tides of life do it's job

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by honour7: 7:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
sotherefore:

Even if you are 30 do it oh, I am regretting why I did not go for it when I was your age, I opted for An MSc and PhD instead, though I am about to graduate from my PhD, but I am still regretting why I did not do both

1 Like

Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by jamesversion: 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
sotherefore:

If you end up becoming a medical doctor at 33, you've done really well. A friend who finished youth service at 26yrs, 10yrs ago and went in for medicine. He graduated last year. He's planning on leaving Nigeria soon. My friend initially studied Animal science.

1 Like

Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by flokii: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
If Medicine is your dream profession, then why not?.. Please go for it. Don't listen to what naysayers say.. they always have one opinion or the other.
Even I once wished to be a MD.. but along the line I opted for Engr. in the Uni. of first choice and nation's pride (best of the best). My best days were in Akoka.

2 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by Areaboyfriend(m): 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
There's no age limit for medicine.

1 Like

Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by grandstar(m): 11:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
sotherefore:

If that's your dream go for it.

I had a classmate who finished Uni about 12 years after me and his classmates. He read medicine after finishing his first course.

He is now living well in Qatar if I'm correct.

2 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by TheRealOwner(m): 3:29am On Jan 30, 2023
sotherefore:

I know someone in your shoes. Go for it but make sure you know what you are doing to the letter
Re: Medicine And Surgery At 24 by jefdr001: 7:25am On Jan 30, 2023
Well I was your age when I took that decision 10years ago, and now each time I look back I'm always happy I decided when I did. Never postpone a decision about your future at anytime and never listen to naysayers not even the one in your mind. 10 years from now when you look back you will be happy. I however noticed that studying is harder as we get older, but if you know exactly what you are doing and smart you shouldn't have a problem.

(1) (Reply)

Uniuyo Post Ume Procedure And Date / Nabteb Gce Runz / How Reading Has Impacted Your Knowledge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.