Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders (1172 Views)

ECOWAS Sanctions: Reps Call For Reopening Of Borders With Niger Republic / Nigerian Govt Approves N52bn For Monitoring Of Borders / Elections: FG Announces Closure Of Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 10:05am On Jan 29, 2023
I think I'm now convinced that about 80
% of Nigerians are illiterates.

Bring out a policy, tell an average Nigerian that it's targeted at corrupt politicians and see them cheer you grin

1. When Buhari closed borders, y'all cheer him without thinking of the inflation, thinking it will solve the price of rice in the market, I guess we are all buying A bag of Rice for 10k now grin

2. When bvas was introduced and electoral acts, y'all again cheered him like he's the best thing after Jollof Rice cheesy
BVAs will do the magic according to some people cheesy, we can see the magic in Osun elections where over voting occurs 🙄

3. Now new naira notes.
I'm not against the new naira notes, I'm only against the duration and circulation

There are limited new naira notes in circulation and some O'level holders refused to ask why it is so.
This policy, I think it's targeted at the Permanent Secretaries, Head of Agencies, Corrupt civil servants etc
It can never affect politicians, they don't keep large amount of Naira.

Ask yourself if naira was spent during the primary election.
Gandollar was caught with which currency?

Lemme use Lagos as an example
If you believe Sanwo olu or Tinubu whose Headquarters of all the banks are at their backyard, don't have new Naira notes, then you can't be redeemed.

4 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 10:06am On Jan 29, 2023
This was December, Tinubu was caught giving new notes to someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJBcSJOrls
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 10:07am On Jan 29, 2023
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by JealousCobra(m): 10:08am On Jan 29, 2023
cool
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:08am On Jan 29, 2023
This is letter to zombies because they are the ones who supported border closure.
When people complained against border closure then, some people called them wailers etc.
I actually believe Buhari is just being Buhari.
He isn't targeting anyone specifically.
He's always been insensitive
Yet some people kept supporting him and mocking those who complained then
So all this wailing ko necessary

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:11am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

If you believe Sanwo olu or Tinubu whose Headquarters of all the banks are at their backyard, don't have new Naira notes, then you can't be redeemed.
I stopped reading at the bolded. Bros you're ignorant. Politicians keep more raw cash than anyone else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Foolishbuhari: 10:13am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

Bring out a policy, tell an average Nigerian that it's targeted at corrupt politicians and see them cheer you grin

1. When Buhari closed borders, y'all cheer him without thinking of the inflation, thinking it will solve the price of rice in the market, I guess we are all buying A bag of Rice for 10k now grin

2. When bvas was introduced and electoral acts, y'all again cheered him like he's the best thing after Jollof Rice cheesy
BVAs will do the magic according to some people cheesy, we can see the magic in Osun elections where over voting occurs 🙄

3. Now new naira notes.
I'm not against the new naira notes, I'm only against the duration and circulation

There are limited new naira notes in circulation and some O'level holders refused to ask why it is so.
This policy, I think it's targeted at the Permanent Secretaries, Head of Agencies, Corrupt civil servants etc

Contrary to your claims about the BVAS, it's actually nice. The PDP either clearly rigged the elections in their stronghold or they were dumb enough to allow inec officials upload padded results into the IRev server.

The only reservations I have with the judgement is that it's beyond the call of the court to begin to do arithmetic, deducting and adding votes to anyone.

The right thing would be to cancel the results from the 700 Polling Units and order a rerun according to Inec bylaws. You don't cancel 700+ polling units, thus disenfranchising thousands of people. It's illegal!

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

I stopped reading at the bolded. Bros you're ignorant. Politicians keep more raw cash than anyone else.

well maybe or maybe not.

This is Nigeria, if you are a political and you have that amount of money.

Do you want me to believe that you won't have found a way out?

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 10:17am On Jan 29, 2023
Foolishbuhari:

Contrary to your claims about the BVAS, it's actually nice. The PDP either clearly rigged the elections in their stronghold or they were dumb enough to allow inec officials upload padded results into the IRev server.

The only reservations I have with the judgement is that it's beyond the call of the court to begin to do arithmetic, deducting and adding votes to anyone.

The right thing would be to cancel the results from the 700 Polling Units and order a rerun according to Inec bylaws. You don't cancel 700+ polling units, thus disenfranchising thousands of people. It's illegal!

I agree with you. (first paragraph)

About the last 2, new electoral law says No re run, it should be cancelled and the votes deducted.
There can only be re run if they haven't declared the votes (that is the job of the PO).

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 10:18am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:
This is letter to zombies because they are the ones who supported border closure.
When people complained against border closure then, some people called them wailers etc.
I actually believe Buhari is just being Buhari.
He isn't targeting anyone specifically.
He's always been insensitive
Yet some people kept supporting him and mocking those who complained then
So all this wailing ko necessary

well, we're all in for it.
Whatever policies they make

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:27am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

well, we're all in for it.
Whatever policies they make

We've all been in it
Just that some people chose to be blind for partisan reasons
Such people can't become social crusaders now
Bubu must finish his tenure how he deems fit.

Another underlying point here is that the people only matter during elections.
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

well maybe or maybe not.

This is Nigeria, if you are a political and you have that amount of money.

Do you want me to believe that you won't have found a way out?
You seem to not realise that the money printed is less than that in circulation.

The idea behind this move is to mop up excess cash in circulation not to replace cash for cash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 10:41am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

You seem to not realise that the money printed is less than that in circulation.

The idea behind this move is to mop up excess cash in circulation not to replace cash for cash.

Yeah, I know too much cash or cash holding is bad for the economy.

But then, Nigeria is not ripe for all these.

Truth is, each policy they make is very good.
But the implementation is the problem, that's why the monetary policy and fiscal policy are not showing effects in our economy.

We're not ripe for it, we don't have the tech, about 30% of places in Nigeria no get network and are bush.
about 40% of Nigerians are illiterates

You're very stuck somewhere and you needed cash. You Made your last 10k transfer.
Network problem occurs and you were debited, the POS operator didn't receive it. Yet it wasn't reverse after 72hrs.

Is that how cashless economy works?

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Foolishbuhari: 10:49am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

I agree with you. (first paragraph)

About the last 2, new electoral law says No re run, it should be cancelled and the votes deducted.
There can only be re run if they haven't declared the votes (that is the job of the PO).
"...If the affected polling units will significantly affect the result...a rerun will be conducted". 700+ PUs is 20% of total voting PUs. Let's see what the appeal court says though but I'm certain they'll set that judgement aside. Declaring the results of over voted PUs is as a result of INEC's incompetence. No one should suffer for INEC's incompetence.
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Britishpea: 10:50am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

3. Now new naira notes.

Lol are you minding the born fools? Remove presidential power from Buhari and he’s next to nothing before Tinubu in terms of influence across Nigeria.

Only fools will think that Tinubu wouldn’t have changed whatever money he has to home as old notes to the new notes in the last 2 months.

Only same will think Tinubu won’t have whatever amount he wants in new notes at a snap of his fingers

Banks are headquartered in Lagos. They of course need good atmosphere to keep making their profits. The managers will even call him to ask if he needs the new notes each time they arrive. Man was fighting for people who will vent anger on APC govt and the result will be on the presidential candidate but as usual, the zombies in nigeria don’t understand that. The time is very short and unreasonable

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by gashiwalesman: 10:56am On Jan 29, 2023
Foolishbuhari:

The right thing would be to cancel the results from the 700 Polling Units and order a rerun accord ing to Inec bylaws. You don't cancel 700+ polling units, thus disenfranchising thousands of people. It's illegal!

Please bring yourself up to speed on how mimiko was declared winner in ondo state 2009..

You can't be wasting government's time and resources hoping you'd get a slap as punishment.. When you break the law you don't get to tell the punishment you'd be given.. the court have done theirs, nobody should tell them how well they would adjudge the case before them..

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:59am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

Yeah, I know too much cash or cash holding is bad for the economy.

But then, Nigeria is not ripe for all these.

Truth is, each policy they make is very good.
But the implementation is the problem, that's why the monetary policy and fiscal policy are not showing effects in our economy.

We're not ripe for it, we don't have the tech, about 30% of places in Nigeria no get network and are bush.
about 40% of Nigerians are illiterates

You're very stuck somewhere and you needed cash. You Made your last 10k transfer.
Network problem occurs and you were debited, the POS operator didn't receive it. Yet it wasn't reverse after 72hrs.

Is that how cashless economy works?

Look. I'm not saying the implementation is right or not.
My point is that Buhari has shown same insensitivity and lack of empathy throughout his administration.
Why are some elites for selfish reasons looking to turn Nigerians against him now?
Does the country exist solely for their comfort and benefit?
I can bet you if the elections were not near and the policy conflicting with their plans, none, and I insist none of those championing this face off with the president and CBN gov will utter a word!!
Anyone with nothing to lose should go to his nearest bank and deposit his cash there. With that, you're safe from the impending economic loss. If however you choose to join the political elites in their selfish crusade against Buhari, you'll end up on the losing side.
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 11:00am On Jan 29, 2023
Foolishbuhari:

"...If the affected polling units will significantly affect the result...a rerun will be conducted". 700+ PUs is 20% of total voting PUs. Let's see what the appeal court says though but I'm certain they'll set that judgement aside. Declaring the results of over voted PUs is as a result of INEC's incompetence. No one should suffer for INEC's incompetence.

and the greedy NYSC Corpers, some of them make more than 200k on election day.

A friend of mine who participated in Osun election at Ikirun. She told me they also have over voting in her polling unit.

2 Corp members worked and 3 newbies that didn't attend training. All of them are doing it for the first time. To cap it all, they were all females, couldn't control crowd and some people weren't accredited before being issued ballot paper.

In their case, it was their faults, pressure, unable to control crowd, etc.
She said they were almost arrested and she's the PO
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2023
Britishpea:

Lol are you minding the born fools? Remove presidential power from Buhari and he’s next to nothing before Tinubu in terms of influence across Nigeria.

Only fools will think that Tinubu wouldn’t have changed whatever money he has to home as old notes to the new notes in the last 2 months.

Only same will think Tinubu won’t have whatever amount he wants in new notes at a snap of his finger.

Banks are headquartered in Lagos. They of course need good atmosphere to keep making their profits. The managers will even call him to ask if he needs the new notes each time they arrive. Man was fighting for people who will vent anger on APC govt and the result will be on the presidential candidate but as usual, the zombies in nigeria don’t understand that. The time is very short and unreasonable

person wey don get the new notes since last month.

See the prove in that video up there
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 11:06am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Look. I'm not saying the implementation is right or not.
My point is that Buhari has shown same insensitivity and lack of empathy throughout his administration.
Why are some elites for selfish reasons looking to turn Nigerians against him now?
Does the country exist solely for their comfort and benefit?
I can bet you if the elections were not near and the policy conflicting with their plans, none, and I insist none of those championing this face off with the president and CBN gov will utter a word!!
Anyone with nothing to lose should go to his nearest bank and deposit his cash there. With that, you're safe from the impending economic loss. If however you choose to join the political elites in their selfish crusade against Buhari, you'll end up on the losing side.

It's not about depositing cash but about withdrawing new notes for transactions.

Look at how it's affecting the POS people
You can't withdraw more than 20k per day.

Where will they see the cash to give someone that make 50k transfer?
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:08am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

person wey don get the new notes since last month.

See the prove in that video up there
Which means he's part of those hoarding it?
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 11:09am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

It's not about depositing cash but about withdrawing new notes for transactions.

Will I be transferring 2k + #200 charges to each POS? If I needed 50k? And I can't withdraw more than 20k at the ATM
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 11:10am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Which means he's part of those hoarding it?

Are you asking me
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:11am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

POS are not supposed to be for cash withdrawal.
It's part of the abnormalities in Nigeria that made POS so proliferated for cash transactions.
Under normal circumstances, if you want to do transfer of such amount,what you need the POS to do is to help do the transfer between the two parties not giving cash to one to give to the other
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:18am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

Are you asking me
That's what you're implying if your response to that guy is that he's had the new notes since last month.
The new notes are being hoarded. That's for sure and even Tinubu alluded to same.
CBN wants to mop up excess cash.
How will they do it when some people are still insisting on spending cash.
A president with a different style can say let's do it steadily. The last president with a laisez faire approach was a certain Jonathan who became known as Jonadàft. He wanted TSA implemented steadily, Buhari came and rushed it. There was wailing in the MDAs then too.
What do Nigerians want exactly?
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:21am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:
This was December, Tinubu was caught giving new notes to someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJBcSJOrls
Ignorant mind it took Tinubu two bullion vans for APC to get 100k votes edge over opposition in just Lagos in last presidential election, how many will cover 36 states plus FCT It took them more than two decades to stocked the money in their private homes, and you think such money is available in banks for Tinubu in new currency, bad news for you CBN team are very smart they just released few amounts to banks, then placed deadline, that banks can't even negotiate with those criminals to swap the huge amount, most of them still believe that it will be extended, they can only deposit the money through different means but banks have limited new money, mind you there is also new withdrawal limit, and they're being monitored by CBN and EFCC, that's why Tinubu is begging Buhari through different means to extend the date after election because he know it will be disaster for his ambition and other criminals
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 11:22am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

POS are not supposed to be for cash withdrawal.
It's part of the abnormalities in Nigeria that made POS so proliferated for cash transactions.
Under normal circumstances, if you want to do transfer of such amount,what you need the POS to do is to help do the transfer between the two parties not giving cash to one to give to the other

It seems you probably work with the government either state or federal.
Or a private business.

You don't understand what I'm saying.
If this scarcity continues except they roll out new cash by next month. Businesses will suffer and even the economy at large.

From transportation to buying fuel to buying day to day needs and stocks.

I should be making transfers, Alakoba. 🤗
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 11:28am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

What do Nigerians want exactly?

Roads, Sound healthcare, Best Education, 24/7 Power, Water, strong institution, Independent of all sectors, Strict laws, Limit corruption by Punishing offenders without favoritism.

Do this and watch the economy grow.
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:37am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

It seems you probably work with the government either state or federal.
Or a private business.

You don't understand what I'm saying.
If this scarcity continues except they roll out new cash by next month. Businesses will suffer and even the economy at large.

From transportation to buying fuel to buying day to day needs and stocks.

I should be making transfers, Alakoba. 🤗

You're making future projections based on your fears which may be based on facts or not.

What I'm pointing out is the idea of cashless policy is to reduce cash transaction to the barest minimum. I usually wonder why Nigerians still withdraw 100K, 200K from ATMs at once for a transaction and we say we want a cashless society.
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Patriotsleague: 11:40am On Jan 29, 2023
Border closure was to stop rice coming in, our import volume is too much that is what is crashing the value of naira.

The problem is most of you are dull, I blame nairaland for allowing any dumb head post topics.

It's clear you didn't do basic economics. Importation is and still is our biggest problems, it leads to capital flight, reduces value of our currency, because we demand more dollars and we are not earning as much foreign exchange as we should, that is we must export more than we import, for our currency value to boost.

Our economy will not grow if we don't protect home industries by baning importation of goods and products we can grow and produce here, every serious nation place embargo on products they produce. The border closure was good, our local rice production boosted, now we have a rice mill in Lagos. The inflation is as a result of imported inflation from oil prices, because of Russian and Ukraine war.

For the new naira notes, CBN outlined reasons and benefits, which makes some sense, because of people hoarding money, money is supposed to be in circulation, this is how society develops, either in investment, money market or bank, banks help mobilize the economy by utilization of the value to generate more value, with it's multiplier effects.
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:41am On Jan 29, 2023
Sammy07:

Roads, Sound healthcare, Best Education, 24/7 Power, Water, strong institution, Independent of all sectors, Strict laws, Limit corruption by Punishing offenders without favoritism.

Do this and watch the economy grow.

This list is too long 😡

Who will do all these

You wan kill am?
Re: New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders by Sammy07: 11:44am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

You're making future projections based on your fears which may be based on facts or not.

That's what Economists do cool

What I'm pointing out is the idea of cashless policy is to reduce cash transaction to the barest minimum. I usually wonder why Nigerians still withdraw 100K, 200K from ATMs at once for a transaction and we say we want a cashless society.

Hmm, no comment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman Told His Members To Vote For Peter Obi / Woman Cries After Mistakenly Voting For Tinubu in Abuja (Video) / POLL CANCELLATION: APC Is Blackmailing Court That INEC Spent Over N305 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.