Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong (17204 Views)

2023: Michael Enyong Akwa Declared Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate / 2023: Udom Presents Umo Eno As ‘God Anointed’ Candidate / Michael Enyong's Egede Greeting Raises Eyebrow At Akwa Ibom Airport. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2023
A federal high court in Abuja has sacked Umo Eno as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa Ibom state.

In a judgment delivered on January 20, Fadima Aminu ordered the PDP to submit Michael Enyong’s name to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as its candidate.

In the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/1295/2022 filed in August, Enyong had submitted that he won the party’s primaries conducted on May 25, 2022.

Enyong had referred the court to an order by Obiora Egwuatu, judge of a federal high court, on May 18 in suit FHC/ABJ/CS/606/2022 which restrained the PDP from utilising its list of ad-hoc delegates to conduct its gubernatorial primary election in Akwa Ibom, pending the determination of the substantive suit.

The plaintiff said he emerged winner of the indirect primary election scoring 2,448 out of the 2,776 total accredited votes.

But he said the party refused to submit his name to INEC as the governorship flagbearer which informed his decision to seek legal redress.

While INEC maintained a neutral stance in the matter, the 2nd defendant (PDP) never put in an appearance despite the proof of being served with the originating summons and all other processes.

Delivering the judgment, the judge held that Enyong has been able to prove his case beyond a reasonable doubt.

“In the final analysis, this court holds that the plaintiff has successfully proved his case on the preponderance of evidence. Consequently, the plaintiff is hereby declared the validly nominated gubernatorial candidate of the 2nd Defendant having emerged winner of the conducted primary election in Akwa Ibom state for the forthcoming 2023 general elections held on 25th day of May 2022,” the judge said.

“In the same vein, any other governorship primary election held after the valid election of 25th day of May, 2022, that election having no basis in law, is hereby declared null, void, and of no effect together with its outcome.

“The 2nd defendant (PDP) is hereby ordered to submit and present the name and details of the plaintiff to the 1st defendant as its rightful candidate.

“The 1st defendant (INEC) is to accord the plaintiff recognition, issue him a nomination form or publish his name as the 2nd defendant’s Akwa Ibom state gubernatorial candidate for the forthcoming 2023 general elections.

“The activities of a political party cannot be operated arbitrarily or at the whims or caprices of select individuals, no matter how highly placed.

“Political parties are creations of the constitution and statute. Therefore, the affairs of registered political parties in Nigeria must be run in conformity and in obedience to the law creating them...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thecable.ng/court-sacks-umo-eno-affirms-michael-enyong-as-akwa-ibom-pdp-guber-candidate&ved=2ahUKEwjKobXLwOz8AhXhVKQEHa24BwEQ0PADKAB6BAgJEAE&usg=AOvVaw2ooe-0vvKSOrYwzV9gxsWO

5 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2023
Finally,udom has lost out along with his albino stooge

27 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by seunmsg(m): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2023
This is a welcome development. The unending crisis in Akwa Ibom PDP should give APC the opportunity of winning the state. I just hope the APC governorship candidate in the state is popular and strong enough to use this opportunity to flip the state.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by id911(m): 11:34am On Jan 29, 2023
seunmsg:
This is a welcome development. The unending crisis in Akwa Ibom PDP should give APC the opportunity of winning the state. I just hope the APC governorship candidate in the state is popular and strong enough to use this opportunity to flip the state.
If Umo Eno does not have it, Oba will have it. You know nothing about Akwa Ibom politics so, stop dreaming bro. APC can't win.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by Salvador1: 11:51am On Jan 29, 2023
If it's true I see ypp guber Candidate winning the election.
Udom will give his support to labour party guber Candidate.
Watch out

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by fergie001: 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2023
garfield1:
You can add the pix, so that it can get to fp, but this is a case that is dead on arrival.

It bothers on jurisdiction and the said Baba Ntan doesn't have it.. this judgement is null, void and of no moment.

8 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by Tinubuadvocate: 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
But APC aren't unit too...A very big shame to akpabio.
Udoh
seunmsg:

37 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
fergie001:

You can add the pix, so that it can get to fp, but this is a case that is dead on arrival.

It bothers on jurisdiction and the said Baba Ntan doesn't have it.. this judgement is null, void and of no moment.

Not true.baba ntan will be on the ballot for now

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by fergie001: 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
garfield1:

Not true.baba ntan will be on the ballot for now
Tell me, you are kidding, let's see whether INEC will do otherwise.

It will be easily tossed away, INEC wouldn't even bother for now sef
Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
fergie001:
Tell me, you are kidding, let's see whether INEC will do otherwise.

It will be easily tossed away, INEC wouldn't even bother for now sef

Guy,you surprise me at times with your statement but I understand you can't keep hiding your true creed.a duly constituted court has given a ruling.until vacated,it has to be obeyed

5 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by fergie001: 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
garfield1:
Guy,you surprise me at times with your statement but I understand you can't keep hiding your true creed.a duly constituted court has given a ruling.until vacated,it has to be obeyed
I don't make comments to make anyone happy. It is you who add too much emotions. There is an attached Appeal Court judgement on Eno's case, that is before the Supreme Court..there is this case, it is natural that INEC will just be waiting for the Courts, some maybe a week or two to the Election.

I am going into the meat of the case to tell you that Enyong doesn't have the jurisdiction that's why I said it will be voided going up. When the FHC even ruled against Bwacha, his name was still there.

5 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by fergie001: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
Now @garfield1, let me get into the meat of it:

1. Enyong emerged winner of a Primary which wasn't conducted by the Party's NWC. Where did he get his delegates from?

2. Did he participate in the NWC-conducted Primary?

3. Every pre-election matter must have a "cause of action", it is that cause of action that births a right of action.

A. The Primary held on May 25/26, 2022, Enyong had 14 days to challenge same, did he?

B. The PDP Certificate of return was issued to Umo Eno on June 6, when did Enyong go to Court?

C. All political parties submitted the name of their Candidates on July 15, when did Enyong go to Court?

Enyong instituted this case on August 1, 2022 well past the 14 days.

Does the Court have jurisdiction?

7 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by fergie001: 12:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
@garfield1, he was clever by half by instituting this one, and then dumped knowing that it will be pre-election. Now, filed the second one attached above.

All falls into the same bracket of pre-election. The same action of ante bellum has been treated by that same Court, and affirmed at Appeal and is now before the apex Court.

Attached is the first one he ran away from.

4 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
fergie001:
Now @garfield1, let me get into the meat of it:

1. Enyong emerged winner of a Primary which wasn't conducted by the Party's NWC. Where did he get his delegates from?

2. Did he participate in the NWC-conducted Primary?

3. Every pre-election matter must have a "cause of action", it is that cause of action that births a right of action.

A. The Primary held on May 25/26, 2022, Enyong had 14 days to challenge same, did he?

B. The PDP Certificate of return was issued to Umo Eno on June 6, when did Enyong go to Court?

C. All political parties submitted the name of their Candidates on July 15, when did Enyong go to Court?

Enyong instituted this case on August 1, 2022 well past the 14 days.

Does the Court have jurisdiction?

That is for the appeal court to decide not inec.
Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by fergie001: 1:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
garfield1:

That is for the appeal court to decide not inec.
You want INEC to change to Enyong, then when SC rules on Eno, they go back to Okon or Eno depending on who wins. Then maybe after Enyong wins again, they go back again....no nah

The election is March 11: They will be looking at the Courts.

Onuigbo won at the SC on Friday.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 1:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
fergie001:
@garfield1, he was clever by half by instituting this one, and then dumped knowing that it will be pre-election. Now, filed the second one attached above.

All falls into the same bracket of pre-election. The same action of ante bellum has been treated by that same Court, and affirmed at Appeal and is now before the apex Court.

Attached is the first one he ran away from.

Enyong went to court when inec didnt publish his name.that is when the cause started

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2023
fergie001:
You want INEC to change to Enyong, then when SC rules on Eno, they go back to Okon or Eno depending on who wins. Then maybe after Enyong wins again, they go back again....no nah

The election is March 11: They will be looking at the Courts.

Onuigbo won at the SC on Friday.

They just have to obey the courts for now until another vacates.
Nwaoboshi also lost at the apex court.JSC agim was very explicit
Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by fergie001: 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
garfield1:
Enyong went to court when inec didnt publish his name.that is when the cause started
His cause of action emerged on June 6, when the Certificate of return was issued to Umo.
Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by fergie001: 1:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
garfield1:

They just have to obey the courts for now until another vacates.
Nwaoboshi also lost at the apex court.JSC agim was very explicit
I am saying there is time to do whatever they intend to do in the face of conflicting judgements.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
fergie001:
I am saying there is time to do whatever they intend to do in the face of conflicting judgements.

Oga,the appeal court won't rule before 11 so let enyong be on the ballot

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
fergie001:

His cause of action emerged on June 6, when the Certificate of return was issued to Umo.

No,you can't determine his cause.his cause started once inec didnt publish his name.afterall he would claim that his name was submitted to inec
Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by slivertongue: 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
garfield1:

Black market judgement that I'll be vacated

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by garfield1: 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
slivertongue:

Yes after the elections
Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by Itohanmiwa: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
PDP a dying party. Okowa really finish us for Delta state. Chai all the road project he start no one finish. Instead the horse faced baboon dey use our collective wealth campaign for Atiku.

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by Johnnyessence(m): 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2023

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we want at [/color]. .

God bless Akwa Ibom.

God bless [color=#006600]Nigeria.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by Johnnyessence(m): 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
slivertongue:

garfield1, Senatordave1, ejimatic, hear me well, the federal high court judgement will be vacated and the appeal court of justice will affirmed the victories of pastor eno as the validity Pdp governorship candidate of Akwa Ibom State
Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by whippersnapper(m): 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
let us watch as things unfold. from adeleke to ikonne to umo Eno. this 2023 election go funny die. nobody go wan gree say them defeat am like this oh

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Peter Obi is our choice

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by hisexcellency34: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
X
Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by adioolayi(m): 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
What's happening to PDP left right and centre court actions..

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong by MrHighSea: 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
No need for campaigns.

Buy nomination form then fortify my candidacy with SANs.

Na for court them dey win elections now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Arrives Jigawa For PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again / Benue-South Rerun: APC Members Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.