Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults (16422 Views)

We Didn't Direct Banks To Disburse Old Notes – CBN Insists / We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / Banks Deliberately Flood Market With Dirty Naira Notes—cbn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by seanwilliam(m): 6:56am On Jan 30, 2023
Good
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 30, 2023
GOFRONT:
Anytime I see CBN, I see a combination of Buhari and Emefiele........And since Buhari is in the equation, I guess he will want to use the DSS to do the monitoring of the strong room just the same way he use the DSS to monitor petrol filling stations during fuel scarcity.

Everything DSS

Brother, i used to be angry with Emefiele and Buhari, but you see this one, brother i am happy. I like what they are doing.
Anything to disrupt these aimless politicians and their plans to take over government because of money they have which was stolen.
Buhari and Emefiele no get others , but you see this one. It is commendable.
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2023
odoemenacelevian:
They should find a way of monitoring total money disbursed by ATM

If they can monitor vaults, ATM should not be an issue. I have worked in a bank, and Bank polices cut across nationwide and is not limited to a bank alone. No bank is ready to pay several billions to CBN and forfeit it afterwards because of Tinubu or any politician.
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by arantess: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2023
GOFRONT:
Anytime I see CBN, I see a combination of Buhari and Emefiele........And since Buhari is in the equation, I guess he will want to use the DSS to do the monitoring of the strong room just the same way he use the DSS to monitor petrol filling stations during fuel scarcity.

Everything DSS
well it is expedient in this case to deal with erring bank managers ruthlessly

CBN has made us understand the notes are available so why are the commercial banks playing hard ball and hoarding them?

i support use of force in this case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by leisuretym: 7:04am On Jan 30, 2023
Politicians: Manager I need to change 30m
Bank Manager: ok , it’s 50M of Old Notes for 30M of New Notes

Politicians : haba! That’s too much commission

Bank Manager : The CBN is on our trail,I’m even risking my job doing this, this money is meant for loading ATM Machine but if you accept my rate, we can deal

Politicians: I don’t want my loot to expire, I have no choice, but your commission is much.

Bank Manager: Then deposit your money to your account

Politicians : I can’t , Efcc will come for me

Bank Manager : ok pay 45m of old notes for 30m of new notes then, we need to settle some efcc and CBN officials in this branch too.

Politicians : Ok , let’s deal before the notes expired , I don’t want to loot in vain.

Masses : we can get the New Notes , ATM machines still dispensing the old Notes.

Emefiele : No Extension of deadline again.

Me : Una dey craze

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by GloriousGbola: 7:07am On Jan 30, 2023
Another job for our intrepid dss. In addition to storming petrol station, they will now be storming bank vaults. What could go wrong?
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by wethebest(m): 7:10am On Jan 30, 2023
Evil bank managers are the problems. They re selling the new notes to rogues that wanna rule by all means

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:13am On Jan 30, 2023
We won’t do the right things until treated like animals. What these banks are doing isn’t different from what petroleum product marketers do by hoarding products, to make the government look bad. Very shameful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by ibrocool(m): 7:16am On Jan 30, 2023
Abeg o, who dey monitor who?
Currupt people wants to monitor another set of corrupt people. Will this ever work?
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Igboslayer: 7:16am On Jan 30, 2023
MajorOvakporaye:
The way Gbola Thiefnubuu wept bitterly in Ogun State last week over the Naira redesign clearly shows that he has evil plans which will be brought to ruins next month. An old demented drug criminal whose only hope is on vote buying and thuggery.
A woman like you with such bitterness. You don’t even have pity for yourself, parents and many poor people around you that’s suffering hardship because of these foolish decision by Emefiele to favor his brother in PDP (Okowa)

Tinubu will never have problem accessing any money, not even the new Naira note. All he needs is to call one bank manager to bring anything he want to him, but his concern for the intense suffering caused by this unnecessary exercise.

But una dey jubilate in suffering because of hatred, it will never affect Tinubu. But continue in your suffering and jubilation. Na your papa be old demented fool. You will never live to see old age for been this foolish.
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by HisGraceBet: 7:16am On Jan 30, 2023
New naira note will remain scarce until after election that is Nigeria for you. Nigeria my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Parachoko: 7:17am On Jan 30, 2023
NtoAkwaIbom:
Emefielenomics.

The naira is falling not for any reason other than the dwindling national reserve and ever increasing debt and debt servicing fee.

Fix those two endemic issues and see the naira doing wonders.
With the scarcity of this,people will now be treating money now as a scarce commodity, those who have it will now be hoarding it, and using the old ones, with fear of exhausting their own and having to now suffer... This very fact will lead to continual shortage...

Banks and Pos are now selling the old currency to the highest bidder,and who else can bid more than the hoarders who have enough to spare n can hoard.

Untill banks can pay in new currencies over the counter,the old money will still exceed the new in circulation... You take old money there n then still get old on withdrawal...viciouscircle
People who didn't speak on the topic but attack Tinubu got lots of likes

You wey stay on the topic never get one like

Nigerians are not really ready for change.

If the banks keeps on giving out the old notes, there will still be an extension
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Uchedizzy(f): 7:18am On Jan 30, 2023
Most banks do not load enough cash in the ATM, people will withdraw small it will finish, have been trying to draw since sat once it gets to my turn the money finishs no be juju be that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Parachoko: 7:18am On Jan 30, 2023
Tokskob2008:
The big question should be, "why are banks hoarding the new notes"?
The big question is

Why is the CBN not sanctioning banks that are hoarding the new notes?

If the banks keeps on paying the old notes over the counter, then there will still be an extension

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by pocohantas(f): 7:19am On Jan 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Another job for our intrepid dss. In addition to storming petrol station, they will now be storming bank vaults. What could go wrong?

grin grin
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by tradepunter: 7:20am On Jan 30, 2023
Banks are the enablers of corruption.....BANKS ARE THE BIGGEST CRIMINALS....

THEY ARE THE ONES SABOTAGING THIS PROCESS....

I DISLIKED BUHARI BUT THIS INITIATIVE IS A VERY GOOD ONE..... WISH HE WAS THIS PROACTIVE IN THE LAST 7 YEARS.... THEN THE CABALS WONT HAVE HIJACKED HIS GOVERNMENT
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Parachoko: 7:20am On Jan 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
These stupid POS operators are supposed to collect the old notes when you deposit and give you only new notes when you withdraw but some do not.

There is this particularly stupid and senseless boy in my neighborhood. He will keep the new notes hidden in his shop and give you only old notes.
How can I report him to CBN please ?
You can't

The old note is still a legal tender

If you are not comfortable with what he is doing, go and withdraw the new note at the ATM
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by justmondris: 7:27am On Jan 30, 2023
Tokskob2008:
The big question should be, "why are banks hoarding the new notes"?

Because of the selfish interest of the corrupt politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by EnterpriseMan: 7:28am On Jan 30, 2023
Igboslayer:
A woman like you with such bitterness. You don’t even have pity for yourself, parents and many poor people around you that’s suffering hardship because of these foolish decision by Emefiele to favor his brother in PDP (Okowa)

Tinubu will never have problem accessing any money, not even the new Naira note. All he needs is to call one bank manager to bring anything he want to him, but his concern for the intense suffering caused by this unnecessary exercise.

But una dey jubilate in suffering because of hatred, it will never affect Tinubu. But continue in your suffering and jubilation. Na your papa be old demented fool. You will never live to see old age for been this foolish.

Shut up you shit licking dog, she already has more sense than you will ever have. You obviously have nothing noteworthy in life to achieve or you would have sense. slowpoke!
Spits!! on the shallow grave you will be buried in if you even get a grave, Useless skull miner angry angry angry
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Parachoko: 7:28am On Jan 30, 2023
gimakon:

Brother, i used to be angry with Emefiele and Buhari, but you see this one, brother i am happy. I like what they are doing.
Anything to disrupt these aimless politicians and their plans to take over government because of money they have which was stolen.
Buhari and Emefiele no get others , but you see this one. It is commendable.
Mugus like you do not know the cashless policy have been existing before Emefiele. The scarcity of Naira will affect millions of Nigeria's from every nook of the country.

There's a reason it was extended by 10 days and will still be extended again.

The CBN function is not to fight to fight electioral malpractices
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by justmondris: 7:29am On Jan 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
These stupid POS operators are supposed to collect the old notes when you deposit and give you only new notes when you withdraw but some do not.

There is this particularly stupid and senseless boy in my neighborhood. He will keep the new notes hidden in his shop and give you only old notes.

One even charged me 200 Naira instead of 100 Naira to withdraw 5000 because he gave me new notes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Franklydes(m): 7:29am On Jan 30, 2023
The banks have started a secret revolution against the government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by EnterpriseMan: 7:31am On Jan 30, 2023
Uchedizzy:
Most banks do not load enough cash in the ATM, people will withdraw small it will finish, have been trying to draw since sat once it gets to my turn the money finishs no be juju be that?

Go and do fasting grin grin grin
if you have anybody working in the bank it should be very easy.
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Doracity82(m): 7:32am On Jan 30, 2023
post=120488832:
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we want at [b][/b].

Nigeria will be great in our lifetime whether the evil ones like it or not.

God bless the good Nigerians that pray for and want the best for our darling nation,
May the curse of the land be upon the Children of hate, frustrations and perdition that wish our country bad day in day out.
Nothing good will ever come their miserable lives.

We Rise.
Efulefu... Suffering don dey tire u. You will get sense last last
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Uchedizzy(f): 7:33am On Jan 30, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

Go and do fasting grin grin grin
if you have anybody working in the bank it should be very easy.
no be only fasting
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Light78: 7:33am On Jan 30, 2023
GOFRONT:

Everything DSS

Why are you guys like this.

The man is fighting corruption, but you guys are still attacking him.

For corruption to be tackled, there has to be suffering. That's why both the masses and politicians are affected.

You guys should stop all this. We are humans, and we should reason before typing.
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Hussein035: 7:34am On Jan 30, 2023
MajorOvakporaye:
The way Gbola Thiefnubuu wept bitterly in Ogun State last week over the Naira redesign clearly shows that he has evil plans which will be brought to ruins next month. An old demented drug criminal whose only hope is on vote buying and thuggery.

Somebody complained on your behalf you are still insulting the person, why is your brain so flat?

Do your think all these useless redesign can affect Tinubu and Atiku, these people control bank directors with ordinary 2 minutes phone call. It is you and me that will suffer and still suffering this redesign nonsense and ingredients
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Curious345: 7:34am On Jan 30, 2023
Criminal bank executives and their theiveing politician circle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by EnterpriseMan: 7:35am On Jan 30, 2023
All bank managers should be locked up until election is over. Those house of rep clowns too.

Buhari destroyed Nigeria, but i have to commend this. He is going after every money hoarders as his last act in power. Kudos smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Samuelnze(m): 7:35am On Jan 30, 2023
jeromestarks:

Go wipe am 2 by 2 for head,. His head go reset
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 30, 2023
Parachoko:
Mugus like you do not know the cashless policy have been existing before Emefiele. The scarcity of Naira will affect millions of Nigeria's from every nook of the country.

There's a reason it was extended by 10 days and will still be extended again.

The CBN function is not to fight to fight electioral malpractices

grin before you start insulting people , Listen to what I have to say.
As a hear say politician that you are with no proper control of your tounge , you speak because of few penny given to you. Politicians will embezzle money and give you, you vote and suffer another 8 years, try day reason bros. You wan continue to sell your children future to people way their children day best countries, day study for UK and all, and can afford any lifestyle because money them suppose give you and me to be better people , na few families hold am?

You need to reason critically. Before you build a house, or renovate a house, or road, things must scatter, after the scattering, then we fix it. Like i said, i no like Buhari and Emefiele, but this one, i commend them.
Re: New Notes: CBN To Monitor Banks' Vaults by jimi4us: 7:38am On Jan 30, 2023
Ireportlive:
Wike won't like this
wike wey don settle his connects since.

when he employed 200,000 aides last year you think he is joking. he has spread his wings since. settle them.

if you want to understand the work that those aides are doing go and paste Atiku poster anywhere in rivers state make them catch you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Popular Power-line Market Aba Abia State Destroyed By Fire / 5 Effective Methods To Save A Failing Business And Get It To Rise Again / South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.