Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. (39134 Views)

5 New Job Openings On Hireme.africa (salary From ₦200k+ Above) / Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer / Shocking Confession Of Malaysian Prison Executioner Who Has Executed Over 130 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by SeanBeezy(m): 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
That's 40k in a month!
Too poor!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Privatepart00: 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
shocked

You are expecting to be paid N200,000 a week ?
You never ready yet
You want to be paid when students didn’t come ?
But can’t do same for DSTv charging you days there’s no light
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Tunasco4u(m): 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by anochuko01(m): 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
lazynairalander1:
Last week I had an interview for a data analyst teaching job, after series of interview process which includes.
Analyzing data with Excel and BI
Extracting and cleaning data with Python &SQL
Modeling, analyzing and visualization with R.
Though my Python prowess wasn't that good but I was told that what they needed is a data analyst who can handle R very well and I really impressed in that aspect.

I showed my data analysis projects on the above software excluding Python. Then we went to oral interview which led to the salary part. I was asked to name my price.
I told them to give me a breakdown on how many days I will be coming to work because I learnt it will be part time teaching job, the interviewer agreed to mail me my schedule.

I was hoping it will be weekend (like Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday) only for me to realized it will be Mon-Thur (that's not part time, I told the manager or so).
The worst part is that they are willing to pay me 10k/week for the job and I will be paid each week I come to work which means it's only the weeks the students avail themselves that I will teach and be paid.

Those tech pay such ridiculous amount or am just unlucky?
What am I expected to do with 10k weekly?
Transport?
Data?
Food?
Electricity?
What exactly?

I was furious though and I am still furious.

Is this rise network?
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by gasparpisciotta: 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
I am not understanding the salary/wages pattern.
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by stonemasonn: 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2023
Just manage it until you get another one.
Try upwork or fiverr or anything similar. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Iruobean(m): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2023
Na wa oooh
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by franchasng: 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2023
lazynairalander1:
Last week I had an interview for a data analyst teaching job, after series of interview process which includes.
Though my Python prowess wasn't that good but I was told that what they needed is a data analyst who can handle R very well and I really impressed in that aspect.

I showed my data analysis projects on the above software excluding Python. Then we went to oral interview which led to the salary part. I was asked to name my price.
I told them to give me a breakdown on how many days I will be coming to work because I learnt it will be part time teaching job, the interviewer agreed to mail me my schedule.

I was hoping it will be weekend (like Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday) only for me to realized it will be Mon-Thur (that's not part time, I told the manager or so).
The worst part is that they are willing to pay me 10k/week for the job and I will be paid each week I come to work which means it's only the weeks the students avail themselves that I will teach and be paid.

Transport?
Data?
Food?
Electricity?
What exactly?

If you can teach a nephew privately, you tell me your preferred schedule, and your pay.

PM or drop your Email lets discuss if you are very good in it and promise that he will learn at the end of your teaching him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2023
Omoooooo. Not nice
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Johnrake69: 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2023
lazynairalander1:

Transport?
Data?
Food?
Electricity?
What exactly?

Where is your location?
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Jjyesp: 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2023
It's small but if you don't have any other option available, start from this. You don't know where this road might take you.
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by BlackMan6969(m): 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2023
Welcome to 9ja.
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by adubam(m): 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Manage it na, things are hard, even me as a prophet am not finding it easy, members have stopped paying tithes they're complaining that country is hard. Manage it and you'll find a better job.

This I have seen.

Abeg give me your shrine adress

1 Like

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Amhappy(f): 1:31pm On Jan 30, 2023
Naija go humble you with all your skills no matter the sector. One of my tech friends told us about his experience with our local employers. If you love teaching, you can make sacrifice for the lads but let them increase the money.
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Goodoldays(m): 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2023
If you don’t have PVC

Then I don’t think you deserve pity

1 Like

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Mrkumareze(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2023
I guess you didn't look at the existing staff there before dropping your application letter.
Learn to do company's survey before applying, most nigerian workers are slave..

1 Like

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by peacettw: 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2023
Don't take that job. The pay is too little for the skill that you have.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Childofaking: 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2023
Those are very lucrative skills you have there.
There are so many remote jobs for data analysts and you can earn thousands of dollars while working in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by benqo01(m): 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
10k is just one Polo

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
lazynairalander1:

Transport?
Data?
Food?
Electricity?
What exactly?

You didn't mention the currency but if it's naira, your employer is heartless.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
Childofaking:
Those are very lucrative skills you have there.
There are so many remote jobs for data analysts and you can earn thousands of dollars while working in Nigeria.

Bros kee way
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by Godsonkemz(m): 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
Don't accept the wicked offer. After generating revenue for them training their students, you are rewarded with such a meagre peanut weekly.
I would rather hustle on the street than to work for most private firms.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by vengertime: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
I0k weekly too small

You mean people get paid more than that?

I get paid ₦20k a month for copywritting for my uncle's news website.
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by texazzpete(m): 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
lazynairalander1:

Transport?
Data?
Food?
Electricity?
What exactly?

I am furious with you for still calling the person a ‘to-be boss’.

You’d be daft to accept such a meager pay
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by livenija: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
Teymanhenry:
If you don't have a job now, I reckon you take it while you look for a better one. A bird at hand is worth two in th3 bush
which yeye bird be dat.

Trust me nah them dey stress person pass.
People who pay cheap will suck u dry
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by benqo01(m): 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2023
AM NOT MAKING MOUTH I CANT DO A JOB OF 10K A WEEK NOT EVEN MONTH NEVER!!!!!!
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by benqo01(m): 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2023
Icumsa45:

You didn't mention the currency but if it's naira, your employer is heartless.

Which is not even upto 26usd chai
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by MOTIONTECH(m): 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2023
No matter what happens, please dont accept it
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by M7even(m): 1:40pm On Jan 30, 2023
lazynairalander1:

Transport?
Data?
Food?
Electricity?
What exactly?

Hello. Can I chat u privately on whatsapp or something ?
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by benqo01(m): 1:40pm On Jan 30, 2023
AND IF WE TO GO WITH BLACK MARKET RATE THAT IS JUST 13.69USD WTF I RATHER DEY HOUSE THAN TO ACCEPT SUCH WORK WITH STRESS SAY WETIN HAPPEN
Re: Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. by MrAAA2: 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2023
If all of you interested can up with a price and the type of interest, arrange a schedule and pull the resources together, we can altogether pay him up to 50k a week.

We rise by lifting ourselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job / Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) / 70 Best Out Of Office Messages That Always Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.