Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back (775 Views)

Obaseki Leads Wike & PDP Governors On A Thank You Visit To Oba Of Benin(pics) / Hotel Demolition: Uwazurike Should Apologise To Wike - PDP Group / Ekiti Election: PDP Nwc Gets Hard Facts, Reconfirms That INEC Doctored Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by politicoNG: 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2023
Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers, has accused the national working committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of alleged anti-party activities in the state.

Wike made the accusation on Monday while speaking at the Rivers PDP campaign rally in Okehi 1, Etche LGA of the state.

The PDP in Rivers had sued some political parties in the state for allegedly violating certain provisions of the 2022 Electoral Act on conducting primaries.

But Wike said the national leadership of the PDP wrote to lawyers handling the suit on behalf of the party to withdraw their legal representations.

While describing the action as “anti-party activities”, Wike told PDP supporters in the state that he would “hit back” on Tuesday.

“We have caught them. They are the ones engaged in anti-party,” he said.

“I told them ‘anti-party begets anti-party’. You know we carried these small parties (APC, SDP) to court for failing to do what the law says.

“The people in Abuja that say they are national have gone to collude with them (opposition parties) to write our lawyers a letter that they should take their hands off in order to kill the cases we filed. I have told our lawyers to withdraw from the matter. I will hit them back by tomorrow.

“Nobody hurts us without sustaining a scar. Anybody who dares to touch us in Rivers state, I will inflict many scars on him and we have started it.

“We are voting for our people here. Now you (PDP NWC) have told us you are doing anti-party. We will show you what anti-party is. Already, we have caught them red-handed.”

Days ago, the PDP NWC suspended Chimaroke Nnamani, senator representing Enugu west senatorial district, and some members of the party over alleged anti-party activities.

Although the PDP did not disclose the exact offences of the suspended members, Nnamani has publicly expressed his support for Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The party had warned that it will “respond” to those who are members of the party but do not support the presidential bid of Atiku Abubakar, the PDP’s standard-bearer.

While it is unclear how Wike intends to “hit back” at the party, he had promised to announce his preferred presidential candidate before the end of January.

Wike and his allies known as PDP G5 — Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu, Samuel Ortom of Benue, Seyi Makinde of Oyo, and Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia — have not declared support for Abubakar.

The governors are demanding the resignation of Iyorchia Ayu as the party’s national chairman.

Their demand for Ayu’s resignation is on the grounds that the PDP national chair and the party’s presidential candidate should not be from the same region.

https://www.thecable.ng/i-will-hit-back-wike-accuses-pdp-nwc-of-anti-party-activities/amp

Nlfpmod Mynd44
Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2023
Wike has lost it, nobody takes him seriously anymore, he never had that wisdom of knowing when to let things go . Oversabi know good.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by mbaboy(m): 8:03pm On Jan 30, 2023
Wike's problem is that he talks a lot... he has made Atiku more popular in the north

1 Like

Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by bender79: 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2023
Anyone notice that Wike has lost so much weight. He didn't think that Atiku"s campaign will assume their current form. He must be very worried

5 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by Oowel(m): 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
Let The Movie Start...
Can't Wait To Watch To The End...
Who Is The Actor And Who Is The Boss...
Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by shuttox: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2023
This guy na mumu ooo

1 Like

Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by AllTheWayUp: 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2023
Wike is Portable 2.0
Wike and his drunk man politics will become history by May 29th 2023

3 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by DonNeon: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
Apparently, wike isn't acting smart again.... Just chest beating in his state....

Atiku have taught him politics101....

Anyway, they should continue their battle......Obi will be president elect come next month ☺️

2 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by floret23(f): 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2023
A drowning man looking for straw to hold. Shame on you.

The only set of people who take Wike serious are Tinubu's surpporters (also known as urchins). No sane person will take a talkative serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by Righthussle: 9:16pm On Jan 30, 2023
peepydelano:
Wike has lost it, nobody takes him seriously anymore, he never had that wisdom of knowing when to let things go . Oversabi know good.

Who and who be the "nobody" ?
Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by Onovo3: 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
Wike is not serious !
Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by technuel: 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
DonNeon:
Apparently, wike isn't acting smart again.... Just chest beating in his state....

Atiku have taught him politics101....

Anyway, they should continue their battle......Obi will be president elect come next month ☺️

There has never been anything smart about the man, just brawn and brute. Man has met his match.

By the side, I had suspected the deafening silence from Rivers and by Wike's admission, it's as was suspected. PDP is working with local parties, reason why they called his bluff. Man must be so spurned.

This election will bring forth things that have not been thought of by analysts. Fingers crossed.

May God direct the affairs of this country.

1 Like

Re: Wike: PDP NWC Is Involved In Anti-party Activities, I Will Hit Back by Mynd44: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2023

(1)

APC Embarrassed Themselves In Abuja / Nigerians Ignore CBN, Continue To Transact In Old Currency / Inec Obeys Court Order,list Michael Enyong As Pdp Guber Candidate In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.