Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,253 members, 7,953,942 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:30 AM

Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes (18830 Views)

Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / COVID-19: Withdraw Old Naira Notes From Circulation, Group Tells CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by SmithRussell(m): 9:26am On Jan 31, 2023
Urchinpainer:
Senators think say them dey wise. Emefiele allowed old notes to come in, the new note can only go out through ATM. grin grin grin.... They will need 10 years to withdraw the money they need for vote buying unto 20k levels ATM is paying per day.

Emefiele is a Neck presser I swear. Imagine coming to withdraw 100miliion over the counter and they tell you "sir, based on CNN policy, we can only give you 100naira notes or 50 naira notes grin grin grin. You will need 20 bullion vans to carry the money!
In this country It’s like you guys still don’t know how things work around here. Money is being printed everyday, where una think say the money dey go? Or you think Tinubu will ask bank manager for money and they will tell him that it’s inside ATM abi? Even house of rep member no dey queue for bank. You think these laws affect them like you so you’re happy being stranded without cash, funny man 😆

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by maasoap(m): 9:27am On Jan 31, 2023
bennybuhari:
Buhari punishing Nigerians but some morons said he is punishing Tinubu

Tinubu will never queue for fuel or naira notes and withholding it won't stop him from winning if God wants him

Not some morons but Zombiedients
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by Ayodeoba: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2023
bennybuhari:

Tinubu will never queue for fuel or naira notes and withholding it won't stop him from winning if God wants him
I swear that Buhari deserves terrible fate after his tenure. Very heartless person who doesn’t have any human feelings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by Ayodeoba: 9:32am On Jan 31, 2023
BabaCommander:
grin
Why do you people see every as Buhari vs this or that?
The logic behind the currency change is not about who sees new notes, but that politicians who stole and stasched away old notes for years will not be able to use it to finance vote buying or pay thugs.
you don’t have brain I swear, how many politicians have you seen queuing at the atm for cash

2 Likes

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by maasoap(m): 9:32am On Jan 31, 2023
Urchinpainer:
Senators think say them dey wise. Emefiele allowed old notes to come in, the new note can only go out through ATM. grin grin grin.... They will need 10 years to withdraw the money they need for vote buying unto 20k levels ATM is paying per day.

Emefiele is a Neck presser I swear. Imagine coming to withdraw 100miliion over the counter and they tell you "sir, based on CNN policy, we can only give you 100naira notes or 50 naira notes grin grin grin. You will need 20 bullion vans to carry the money!

You're so ignorant on many fronts.
Firstly, senators have gone on recess. Reps are the only ones tackling Emefiele. Take note of that.
Secondly, big men don't use ATMs, they don't even go to banks at all. People take money to them in their homes in exactly the quantity and denominations they prefer. You're ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by Juanmike(m): 9:37am On Jan 31, 2023
bennybuhari:

God doesn't want him I am certain of it.
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by malakaimoscondo: 9:38am On Jan 31, 2023
codeplace:
ObiDatti only hope for Nigeria otherwise join Japa group. Check my signature on how to JAPA.

Tinubu Govt will not be different from Buhari Govt. If people vote for Tinubu then people are not experiencing hardship.
Atiku only hope..obi knew he will not win. He is working. For tinubu
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by maasoap(m): 9:39am On Jan 31, 2023
kenbee:
New Notes cue
Petrol Cue
PVC cue

Whoever that is living in Nigeria is already have way to hell. If the person come vote Tinubu join am, everything don kpafuka.

Tinubu still remains the best choice to get out of this quagmire Nigerians found themselves. He's the only candidate who has shown Nigerians that he means business. He's going about everything methodically. He's precise. He's focus. He's determined. He has a clear cut agenda

1 Like

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by olumide4christ: 9:39am On Jan 31, 2023
bennybuhari:

Please tell them!

My wife wanted to withdraw N80,000 from GTB bank this morning. They told her that there is no money. They rather gave the customers there N1000 or N2000 for them to transport themselves to other banks where they could be lucky to get the new notes.

The picture of the dirty, dusty and smelly N100 notes they gave my wife totalling N2000 is attached below.

I can assure you that none of our politicians have any old notes in their possession anymore.

Emefiele and Buhari have messed up this country!

SMH!

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by maasoap(m): 9:39am On Jan 31, 2023
kenbee:
New Notes cue
Petrol Cue
PVC cue

Whoever that is living in Nigeria is already have way to hell. If the person come vote Tinubu join am, everything don kpafuka.

Tinubu still remains the best choice to get out of this quagmire Nigerians found themselves. He's the only candidate who has shown Nigerians that he means business. He's going about everything methodically. He's precise. He's focus. He's determined. He has a clear cut agenda. Not some "I don't know" candidate.
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by ufotty2001: 9:42am On Jan 31, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Insecurity will reduce, especially kidnapping. This policy suppose don dey implemented since sef.

God punish those hoarding the new notes.
please explain to me how it will reduce kidnapping..
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 31, 2023
This is sheer wickedness!!!
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by maasoap(m): 9:44am On Jan 31, 2023
justmondris:

Don’t mind them. Thy have been suffering and smiling for years due to bad leaders that were brought on board via votes buying but they don’t want to endure for some time for the policy to work.

They quietly suffered

Just add this to your long list of sufferings because this is not a solution to anything

1 Like

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by olumide4christ: 9:47am On Jan 31, 2023
jcross19:
I'm sure you are Nigerian? Have you forgetten how we runs things in this country? Have you seen a rich man queuing at the ATM? Even in the bank? All those politicians you see don't need to come to bank, only a call to bank MD you will see the new notes inside bank official car straight to those politicians!!!

Don't mind that guy!

We have political neophytes and very naive and unexposed people on Nairaland. They are so gullible and easily deceived.
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by Justiceleague12: 9:48am On Jan 31, 2023
Emefiele should be arrested if Nigeria is a sane. How will explain to us that it was because of politicians that is why the change of our money. Did he not participate in APC primary election, supposed he won, will he change the note? Emefiele he just insulting our intelligence

Urchinpainer:

1 Like

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by maasoap(m): 9:49am On Jan 31, 2023
Cherish233:

They are just impatient, trying to prove that the idea of the new Naira note useless when it's not.

Trying to prove? This is what people are experiencing at the moment, nothing to prove. You don't make new notes available in sufficient quantity, further numbers of people will be plunged into poverty. Sellers are not even able to sell their products. I'm sure that by the end of February when the results of this will be visible to all, you will have seen the real picture
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by grandlexuz(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2023
bhella10:
Don't labour in vain. You could die in your hatred.

He sounds like a dead man already..
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by highness25(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2023
Urchinpainer:

Oga forget this thing. You don ever see politician stand for line for any bank in Nigeria? You don ever see any politician for queue for fuel station? This thing wey you see na me and you go suffer am

1 Like

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by gentleguy1975: 9:58am On Jan 31, 2023
Urchinpainer:

you are right but, I have another thought,if a group of people can assess the new notes and sell to the masses, don't you think politicians are more power than those people and would easily have gotten enough in stock for vote buying?
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by FashionCookie(f): 10:00am On Jan 31, 2023
jcross19:
I'm sure you are Nigerian? Have you forgetten how we runs things in this country? Have you seen a rich man queuing at the ATM? Even in the bank? All those politicians you see don't need to come to bank, only a call to bank MD you will see the new notes inside bank official car straight to those politicians!!!
He no know...
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by moshuur(m): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2023
kevoh:

Leave them! They don't want to have sense! One said he/she walked around Ikotun looking for ATM that dispenses cash but didn't find. Is that not foolishness? Why will I waste productive hours looking for ATM when I can do transfers?
boss....network dey Bleep gan ooo.

I bought 1000 foodstuff from a woman yesterday evening, I did transfer to her gt bank.
could u believe that she did not see d alert for a very long time...we checked d bank app, d money did not reflect.
las las, she just asked for my name and asked for my phone number that I can go after waiting for long.

Assuming I bought like 5,000 worth, she won't let me go ooo.

only God knows how many hours I would have spent there.

This country is bleeped
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by FashionCookie(f): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2023
They think they are doing the politicians. It's actually the masses that will bear the brunt(as we can see).
Please don't come and tell me you're a banker or your family works in the bank and bla bla bla bla...They're hoarding and selling the cash to the highest bidders. You know we know this, but shame no go gree una accept. undecided
Example...the syndicate that was bursted days ago.. Thieves!
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by FashionCookie(f): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

Seems you are not up to date.
Same bankers that liase with fraudsters to compromise customers details to steal their money will find it difficult to sell money to politicians?
For the past two weeks now, most banks have been selling the new notes and politicians have been hoarding it.
I'm sorry, the only banking you know is the one you read in books.

On election day, there will be massive vote buying from all parties, including the ones who are portraying themselves to be saint and messiah.
Leave am make he dey play...
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by HrmOlolade(m): 10:13am On Jan 31, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:
I knew all these would happen when they suddenly fixed deadline at close range when the old notes was still heavily in circulation. Even a child knows how to handle this better.
To be honest , you will be amazed how dull most of these political office holders and even some top officials in this country are …

Forget dia office or position, a lot of these people handling the affairs of this country in various sector are not worthy enough to even become class reps in school .

Many of them are opportunist based on connection .

Extremely dull people rule this beautiful nation … sadly !

2 Likes

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by BiGVEEN58(m): 10:13am On Jan 31, 2023
Many people don't understand the new CBN policy yet. Lol. They think the government wants them to swap old notes with new ones. NO!! The government wants a cashless system. The old notes will the removed while a SMALL amount of new notes will be injected into the economy. Also more 'small currencies' (10, 20, 50 and 100) will be made available via bank withdrawals.
Keep wasting your energy, time and money looking for new 1000, 500 notes and 200. When you tire you will stop. Or after you exhaust the one you have, spend more money searching again and the cycle continues until common sense finally enter your head.
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by BiGVEEN58(m): 10:18am On Jan 31, 2023
She needs a POS machine.

moshuur:

boss....network dey Bleep gan ooo.

I bought 1000 foodstuff from a woman yesterday evening, I did transfer to her gt bank.
could u believe that she did not see d alert for a very long time...we checked d bank app, d money did not reflect.
las las, she just asked for my name and asked for my phone number that I can go after waiting for long.

Assuming I bought like 5,000 worth, she won't let me go ooo.

only God knows how many hours I would have spent there.

This country is bleeped
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by moshuur(m): 10:19am On Jan 31, 2023
BiGVEEN58:
Many people don't understand the new CBN policy yet. Lol. They think the government wants them to swap old notes with new ones. NO. The government wants a cashless system. The old notes will the removed while a small amount of new notes will be injected into the economy. Also more small currencies (10, 20, 50 and 100) will be made available.
Keep wasting your energy, time and money looking for new 1000 and 500 notes. When you tire you will stop. Mugu.

A lot of people do not know this....

1 Like

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by zoraro(m): 10:21am On Jan 31, 2023
Cherish233:
We've all been suffering for a long time can't we wait just for awhile, this is a welcome development and It's actually just for a short period of time and not forever, haba!

I am struggling to understand your logic, but all I will say to you is that your suffering may go on longer than you thought because this policy will not stop vote buying, besides, if Nigerians are so stupid to sell their votes to people that are making them to suffer for so long then they deserve to suffer for much longer.
Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by nigmarelli(m): 10:22am On Jan 31, 2023
BabaCommander:
grin
Why do you people see every as Buhari vs this or that?
The logic behind the currency change is not about who sees new notes, but that politicians who stole and stasched away old notes for years will not be able to use it to finance vote buying or pay thugs.

Greetings. Why do you people keep saying this!? Are there any instructions given to banks to take note of politicians who come to exchange their old notes for new ones to be arrested if they come! Or is there a ban on them to exchange their old notes?! Mind you it's also within their(the impending politicians) civic rights to exchange their own old notes for new too! They may even end up having them more than the masses so how does this vote buying thing you people are implying even stop them!

1 Like

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by stagger: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2023
Urchinpainer:

The stark ignorance of our people is encapsulated in this post.

Don't you know that by the time the citizens do not have any kind of access to the new notes, this will make them even more susceptible to vote buying?

Where do you think the new notes are? It is already in the hands of politicians. Who do you think will benefit from the Feb 10 - 17 exchange at the central bank? Is it the common man or the pepper seller in the market?

You are all gullible!

3 Likes

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by omonnakoda: 10:23am On Jan 31, 2023
Recharge cards are fungible and can be used in placed of cash by politicians determined to buy votes
The real point though is
Can votes really be bought even with cash?
If that was the case GEJ would not have lost

1 Like

Re: Despite Extension, Nigerians Can’t Withdraw Old, New Notes by omonnakoda: 10:24am On Jan 31, 2023
nigmarelli:

Greetings. Why do you people keep saying this!? Are there any instructions given to banks to take note of politicians who come to exchange their old notes for new ones to be arrested if they come! Or is there a ban on them to exchange their old notes?! Mind you it's also within their(the impending politicians) civic rights to exchange their own old notes for new too! They may even end up having them more than the masses so how does this vote buying thing you people are implying even stop them!
Do not be surprised
You are talking to people who believe that there is Jazz for money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp / Setting Up Automatic Car Wash I.e. Car Washing Machine / **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.