Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils (21056 Views)

Protest In TASUED As Soldiers Invade School, Arrest SUG President, Others / Video Of Out Of School Children In Northern Nigeria Stir Panic Online / Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by PrinceOfLagos: 9:25am On Jan 31, 2023
No fewer than 40 hoodlums have invaded a private school, Shalom Group of Schools, Baruwa, Ipaja, Lagos State.

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that the students and management of the school could not enter the premises as the main entrance was blocked by the land grabbers, popularly referred to as Omo-Onile.

The Proprietress of the school, Mrs Adedayo Odeka, on Monday, said the hoodlums were led by one Kaka.

He claimed that they won a court judgement to take possession of our land.

“I told him to show me the judgement, as I was not aware of any court case let alone judgment but he refused
,” she added.

Odeka said the land was allocated to them by the Federal Government in 1992 and a school was built on it.

“Coming out overnight and claiming the land is uncalled for.

[b]“This land, we have been occupying it for 30 years
; students have been graduating year in, year out.

“The land is a Federal Government allocation; we don’t have any dealings with Omo Onile; we have all our documents
,[/b]” she added.

The proprietress said the hoodlums came on Saturday and damaged the school fence and railings to enter the compound, forcing boarding students to vacate.

She claimed that the case was reported at the Ipaja Police Station.

When the case was reported, the police reluctantly followed us to the site after much pressure but could not act as the hoodlums continued with the erection of the structures,” she said.

She urged the government to arrest and prosecute the suspects.

A security guard, Mr Micheal Yakubu, claimed that over 40 hoodlums, who were led by Kaka, invaded the school around 6am on Saturday.

They broke the wall and removed the two main gates to gain access, claiming that the land belonged to them.

“They brought in sand and blocks and started digging and erecting structures on the school field.

“After erecting the structures beyond nine coaches, they blocked the two entrances with blocks, put a small gate and locked it,”
he said.

A parent, Mr Osagie Igebo, said it was disheartening for a group of people to traumatise young children and send them out of school.

He said, “We have to change this narrative; even if there is a dispute on the property, it should be resolved amicably.”

A boarder in the school, Miss Success Afolayan, a senior secondary two student, said she felt traumatised when the hoodlums invaded the school.

“This is going to affect our education, as we do not know when it will be resolved,” she added.

The school Principal, Mrs Oluwatoyin Okafor, said the miscreants destroyed the school property.

She said, “They destroyed the wall and iron rails and burgled the generator house.

“We were not given audience; the security agents were standing by their side with guns, threatening to shoot us if we talked.

“We were left with no option than to call the parents of the boarders, who live in Lagos, to pick them up, while we pleaded with some teachers and parents to take those who live outside Lagos home with them.

“Our students are preparing for WASCE, NECO and JAMB; they just came to disrupt the school activities.”

Another parent, Mr Ebenezer Akande, a civil servant, said he was shocked when he saw that the two main gates were blocked.

“As you can see, the children cannot access the school.

“The Lagos State Government should wake up and do something concerning these land grabbers,” he said.

The Registrar of the school, Mr Akinola Adebayo, said he got an invitation letter from the Zone 2 Police Command, Onikan, that someone wrote a petition against him.

He said, “When I got there on Thursday, they said they had a petition against me, that I was using charms and cultists to chase Omo-Onile away from their land.

“I told them that I don’t know the petitioner; after I answered the petition, the police asked the two parties (the Omo-Onile) and (Shalom school) to come back today, Monday, January 30. But I was surprised that the Omo-Onile invaded the school on Saturday. When we called the police, they said there was nothing they could do.”

Adebayo urged the government to intervene in the matter so the children could go back to school.

Some of the students carried cardboards with several inscriptions, including, “Education is our right”, “Say no to Omo-onile oppressors”, “The future is weeping”, “Kaka, why take our right from us”, “Omo-Onile, why send us out of our school”, “Government, come to our rescue, save us from land grabbers,” among others.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, who confirmed the incident, urged the parties to resolve amicably.

He said, “The case is not a police case; it is a civil case.

“I will urge the parties not to take laws into their hands so that a civil case will not turn to a criminal case.”

https://punchng.com/panic-as-lagos-hoodlums-invade-school-chase-pupils/?amp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by PrinceOfLagos: 9:26am On Jan 31, 2023
This are the Tinubu supporters waiting to take over our country if Tinubu becomes president

186 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2023
Kaka acting like he's immune to a bul

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by christejames(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2023
Tinubu's legacies fighting back 🤮...

Urchins hate education! ✈

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by dat9jaguy(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
This are the Tinubu supporters waiting to take over our country if Tinubu becomes president

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 9:32am On Jan 31, 2023
Omo-nile hate it when you tell them that ALL LAND IN THE STATE BELONG TO THE GOVERNMENT...... nah so I tell those in my area wey him wan put me for problem.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by YeeboMuslim: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2023
They should be rounded up and sent to kirikiri.
Even if they won a court judgement, they are not in position to enforce it

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by inoki247: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2023
LoL the owners of land wan claim derr land las las the Govt go get involved and find way to pay compensation...

Na almost all the land the Govt don grab finish naso the Magodo case too wan escalate den....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2023
Hope they are not IPOB miscreants trying to cause chaos as their normal way of hiding

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Jogs1900: 9:45am On Jan 31, 2023
We know your type.

But what I will say is that if you live in Lagos and always happy with any bad news coming from Lagos, You will leave Lagos empty handed by Gods grace.You can't live in Lagos,drink Lagos water, breathe Lagos air and still be wishing the city bad.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by PrinceOfLagos: 11:25am On Jan 31, 2023
Lagos Omo Nile's are beasts

22 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by FalseProphet1(m): 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
I pity lagosians if Tinubu wins, agbero would be arresting people and police wouldn't lift a finger to come to your aid. Lagosians open your eyes.

This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by UselessBuharist: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Everybody just dey craze for the country.. this is what we should expect across Nigeria if urchins succeeds In electing that foodie

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by AllTheWayUp: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
The Jagaban Army of Tinubu, they have been unleashed

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by IrepChrist: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

https://punchng.com/panic-as-lagos-hoodlums-invade-school-chase-pupils/?amp

Lagos will one day break loose from monopoly of power.

Jesus loves you

20 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by arantess: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
tinubus lagos grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Monumenter(m): 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Crazy things are happening in this country
Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Chijeep(m): 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hoodlums abi Tinubu's men...

Op well done oo... if it in the eastern part that this happened you won't hesitate to tag them IPOB or Peter Obi men

11 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by DankemzI(m): 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
Vote Peter Obi of LABOUR PARTY for president so Lagos thugs and hoodlums will be gainfully employed and leave the streets to factories,... If Tinubu wins on the Muslim Muslim ticket this will be a national occurrence just like the Talibans , Agberos will be nationwide MC oloumo will be a senator in a collapsed Nigeria!

Vote LABOUR PARTY
Vote Papa, Mama, Pikin
Vote for progress

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by UncommonLogic: 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
Private matter.
Go to court.
Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Brendaniel: 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
Tinubu's supporters

1 Like

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by UncommonLogic: 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
DankemzI:
Vote Peter Obi for president
So that ipob terrorist can take over abi.
NEVER!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Tribal: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
This happened long ago, why popularizing it now. We know who is behind this. They are trying everything to give Tinubu a bad name. But Ko le wek!

3 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Kajaard: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
This is Tinubu's legacy.

Agberos everywhere.

I hated living in that state while I was still around. Pathetic.

13 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by naijamerican: 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
Too many wild animals calling themselves human beings live in Lagos. Very terrible

7 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Lanretoye(m): 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
Federal government allocation,so they didn't even have title to the land self.just finding sympathy of the public.

1 Like

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by ZombieTERROR: 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
undecided

Urchins everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Asgard13: 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Tinubu said he own Lagos and Yoruba people

The impish yourba god wan own Nigeria and Nigerians

This is it..

Government will come and give Tinubu boys some plot from the land .. and that’s it .

Them go turn am to agbero joint smoking hemp and extorting lagosians .. a

Be like dem no get branch for that area before ..
after all Tinubu owns Yoruba people .. let him do with as he wants

4 Likes

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by refugee: 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
Police complicity... Jungle judgement executed my animals. Shioor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils by Houseofglam7(f): 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
Here we go again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Students Of FGC, Warri Blast Their School For Making Them Clear A Dunghill / Transport University, Daura To Take Off In September 2022 / Rejection Letter From Harvard University To An Intending Student (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.