Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver (15820 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada / Sanwo-olu Orders Probe Of Pupil Sent Out Of School Over Obi’s Poster / Train/Bus Accident: Sanwo-Olu Declares Three Days Mourning Period In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by iwaeda: 11:56am On Jan 31, 2023
Newsmic:

https://twitter.com/gbenga_omo/status/1620118920610066439?t=rzehqfKbl8OAG3150vRsfA&s=19

Initial noise from house boy of Lagos.That how it will end. Why dont you enforce traffic laws. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by FuckTheMod: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
dedonfranco:
How much do you have in your account presently?

Some people are just happy to die under APC Government...........God forbid.

Some people still want us to continue with APC......God forbid.
I swear, you lack wisdom and common sense.

#Spits on your bald head
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Seriousmata123: 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hmm
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Buffalo2(m): 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
adler777:
Just put the height restrictor there once and for all. Ojuelegba is too notorious for container accidents. It's just too much...
so simple

1 Like

Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by nedekid: 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
sisisioge:
But why prosecute the owner too? He wasnt the one driving, was he?
They will say he did not maintain the truck.

1 Like

Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by jaxxy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2023
For what? Was it the truck drivers fault or the state government for not enforcing safety laws?

Trailers are moving everywhere in lagos.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Amumaigwe: 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
adler777:
Just put the height restrictor there once and for all. Ojuelegba is too notorious for container accidents. It's just too much...

They will still pay bribe and pass. Na naija we dey.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by sniperr007(m): 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
The incidence is failure of government first and foremost. The roads are bad hence the truck isn't balance.
Failure of VIO to inspect trucks and lorry, rather it's private cars they focus on.

Although, the driver and truck company still had their part to play.

But government should first investigate the course before assigning blame and punishment.

2 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by toprealman: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
Gift96:
This is a welcome development the senseless harm must come to a stop. It's not a must to move goods in containers once they leave the ship
What is welcoming about it. That a government is clueless and continually reactive? Is this what is commendable?
How about putting measures in place to ensure such events don't repeat itself.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by alyarmouk(m): 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
The driver alone should be prosecuted and not the owner.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by AdaojoTheUrchin: 12:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Revolva:
they should stop trailers from climbing that bridge simple let dem follow down road

The bridges in Awka has height restrictions, trailers are not allowed to climb.
One day one of the truck drivers called on radio and expressing frustration about being barred from using the bridge, he even threatened that they would go and remove the height restrictions.

I called in and also told him if tries it, that I will personally sponsor his arrest and prosecution. Infact that the radio station should keep his number for tracking.

Trucks should move around with the highest level of restrictions, they should have special VIOs and Roads safety monitoring trucks alone. They intimidate and kill people a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by unmask: 12:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Newsmic:

https://twitter.com/gbenga_omo/status/1620118920610066439?t=rzehqfKbl8OAG3150vRsfA&s=19

same rubbish. The people that certified the truck fit to ply the roads are the ones that should be punished.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Amumaigwe:

They will still pay bribe and pass. Na naija we dey.

Once the height barrier is fixed, there is nothing anyone can do. This isn't like the type they open and close within streets... Once it's fixed there, it's permanent.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by nedekid: 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
Gboom:
The government should also prosecute the officials for negligence because majority of these trucks are not road worthy. If you most of them are bend sideways at times that one begins to wonder, why allowing this type of vehicle to be on the road
Exactly, the head of VIO, the head of road maintenance should also be prosecuted along with the driver and owner. You cannot absorb government from this.
I remember my fresh tokumbo truck I imported 2012. After 1 month of it carrying jute sacks from isolo Expressway to Bua sauger at apapa port. I could not recognize the truck. I walked past it until my driver called me back. The roads at apapa destroyed the vehicle! All the bumpers, side skirts, rear lights etc were damaged. The suspension system nko. That one na long story. Don't know how apapa is now comming from the ports. But the holes on the ground back then, put a brand new truck and in 6 months it will look like scrap. It will be bending on the road and falling containers.
My point is that gov cannot also absorb itself of blame.
They say your car should have Mot, all well and good. But the bad roads damages your vehicle, you have to change your bushings, tye rods, shocks every few months. Who can afford it?
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Mandate2023: 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
dedonfranco:
How much do you have in your account presently?

Some people are just happy to die under APC Government...........God forbid.

Some people still want us to continue with APC......God forbid.

Na werey u be......state wey APC no control accident no dey happen😂😂😂

U can see a proactive government has taken action and not like ur useless good for nothing gunmen ridden region grin
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Mandate2023: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
jaxxy:
For what? Was it the truck drivers fault or the state government for not enforcing safety laws?

Trailers are moving everywhere in lagos.

So is not the drivers fault nw na sanwo olu or tinubu grin grin werey full dis nairaland 😂

If enforcement officers are chasing after offenders nw na werey like u go still say dey r extorting and tormenting but when accident happen u blame govt as if the ppl themselves r animals that don't have common sense

Even ur brothers wey know say drug pushing is prohibited are still carrying it across d world....u go still blame Gove for that
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
He want to win vote for second term.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by efeski(m): 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
adler777:

My brother it's not rocket science o
These leaders keep bumbling and causing needless pains to us citizens
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by jaxxy(m): 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
Mandate2023:

So is not the drivers fault nw na sanwo olu or tinubu grin grin werey full dis nairaland 😂

If enforcement officers are chasing after offenders nw na werey like u go still say dey r extorting and tormenting but when accident happen u blame govt as if the ppl themselves r animals that don't have common sense

Even ur brothers wey know say drug pushing is prohibited are still carrying it across d world....u go still blame Gove for that

@ bolded so Who is amoda yekini ogunlere?

Now as regards the trailer incident, if ur governor isn't doing eye service I expect him to 1st investigate what led the the trailer falling and then know and state the reason for prosecuting them.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by capricornlady: 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2023
adler777:
we know ojuelegba is known for container falling off the bridge, but in this case the container didn't fall off the bridge, the container & bus were on the bridge. The container wasn't cuffed to the truck.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Zabilon007(m): 12:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
sisisioge:
Justice for poor man... If na Dangote truck nko? Na today
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by drololaaof: 12:54pm On Jan 31, 2023
Newsmic:

Most of the articulated vehicle carrying containers, iron rods and other heavy duty goods are not fit for the job .
I saw some the trailers bending in the middle. There is the need for proper inspection and approval . The standard minimum condition of standardization should be enforced .
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by zoraro(m): 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
sisisioge:

He wasn't the one driving, yes, but He is the one who is supposed to provide for proper maintenance of the truck and provision of equipments to fasten the container to the truck which if provided, could have prevented the sad incident.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by GloriousGbola: 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
The root cause of the failure is unsecured containers on trucks. There also needs to be financial penalties. People are too casual about putting unsafe vehicles on the road.
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by IbroMaka(m): 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
This is really sad..... RIP to the deceased

Check my signature
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by CaptainFM1: 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
adler777:

I totally agree with you.

The banking angle on that bridge is high only a truck moving slowly can avoid such accident.
Yeah, the best thing to do is to put height limit there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by rippa(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Newsmic:

This is not the solution Sanwo. Ban containers from moving during the day. They can move from 11pm to 5am.
I plan to vote you but its unfortunate i will have to look somewhere else
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by ForChrist1: 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
sisisioge:

The owners should always take responsibility. Get the best drivers, do a tilt-angle stress test on your trucks before boarding, have the containers properly bolted to the trucks, conduct routine maintenance on trucks before boarding etc.

Many of these container trucks are poorly fitted and are death traps. Any small bends and they will fall. I also blame road users who drive so close to them in slow traffic without thinking of the danger.

1 Like

Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Lannister360: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
AutoConsult:
Ipob Miscreants are already blaming Sanwo Olu here. Mad lots

Something that has nothing to do with tribe and you are blaming Ipob, you are a capital fool, na hair full inside your skull, na hair de where Brain suppose de.
Afonja
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Mandate2023: 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
jaxxy:

@ bolded so Who is amoda yekini ogunlere?

Now as regards the trailer incident, if ur governor isn't doing eye service I expect him to 1st investigate what led the the trailer falling and then know and state the reason for prosecuting them.

Werey u no sabi read and understand.......what then did he say if not to investigate

U dis ipigs will always find foolish things to say😂😂maybe u need to read the topic again
Re: Ojuelegba Container Accident: Sanwo-Olu Orders Trial Of Truck Owner And Driver by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
capricornlady:
we know ojuelegba is known for container falling off the bridge, but in this case the container didn't fall off the bridge, the container & bus were on the bridge. The container wasn't cuffed to the truck.

I wasn't referring to containers falling off the bridge, just the container accidents in general.

Most container trucks find it difficult to accelerate uphill because their engines are too old (bought used from abroad and not usually well maintained), that's one of the major causes, hence a reason why they shouldn't be allowed to use flyovers where there's an alternative like Ojuelegba.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law / The Double Standard Of Presidential Aide, Lauretta Onochie (video) / Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.