Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition (1071 Views)

Paddy Rice Processing And Value Addition; A Profitable Venture. / Black Soldier Fly BSF Larvae Propagation For Fish And Chicken Feed / How To Reduce The Cost Of Fish Feed Via Maggots Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:48am On Jan 31, 2023
Protein source of nutrients is the most expensive in the constituent of a balance diet of every animal .

The high cost of protein source has push many livestock farmers out of business.

Is there a way out ?

God has made a way out

What is the way out ?

Kindly follow me in this journey to explain the way out

The way out is in the life cycle of a small animal/insect that God gave the ability to clean up organic waste in our environment and convert it into a good source of protein edible either in fresh or dry form to all animal man inclusive.

What the is this flies ?

The animal or insect is call :
BLACK SOLDER FLIES ( BSF )

Is it available in Nigeria?

Oh yes

I shall be teach or talking about the BSF maggots farming or Production on this blog
and l want people to also contribute to the topic

I remain your friend
Engr Gbenga
08136650972 or Whatsapp 08120528950

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 10:14am On Feb 06, 2023
Good day my country people

Stop spending so much on compounded animal feed rather use Maggots to reduce your feeding cost on farm.
Call Gbenga on 08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950.

Price of food can come down drastically because BSF has all the secret solutions to all farmer's problems since it gives animal protein , organic fertilizer & has industrial uses with other derivatives for direct Human use.

BSF as solutions to both crops and animal farmers

How ?

For animal rearing farmers : It provide very cheap and high quality protein source given to all animals either in fresh form or in dry form.
It can be use as protein source to formulate all animal food, mark my words ALL ANIMAL FOOD.

For crops farmers : BSFL farming has a by product which is an organic fertilizer, which is ALS one of the best organic almost free fertilizer in the world.

So any farmer doing BSF maggots production Farming will certainly have cheaper source of protein and organic fertilizer which will encourage such person to do integrated farming.

This is a weekly trend or blog on black Solder fly maggots production.

I leave room for others to contribute as well or for questions before the next post
Re: BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2023
*ADVANTAGES OF USING BSFL MAGGOTS*

*ADVANTAGES OF USING BSFL MAGGOTS*

(1) It reduce cost of feeding drastically

(2) It does not pollute water because maggots does not dissolve in water like regular feed.

(3) Any maggot the fish has not eaten will come back to the surface and float until they pick it . 

(4) It's a safer way for humans because bsf maggot is organic 

(5) Very high protein  content. The crude protein of bsfl maggots stand between 40-67% 

(6) A farmers can go for less nutrition feed in the market (which of course will be cheaper) as back up for bsfl maggots

(7) bsfl contains over 17 essential amino acids which is organic so when using bsfl maggots as feed for fish, youu have less worried about their health.

(cool The waste from the maggots farm is organic fertilizer 

(9) Maggot is feed to fish & poultry birds fresh but but in dry form to dogs, ruminants,pigs & rabbits 

(10) Maggots make animals grow faster & bigger
Re: BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by impeccablephili: 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
Do you sell BSF larvae and how much per 10000 if you sell
Re: BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by Babakolanut(m): 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
BoluwGoldenFarm:
Protein source of nutrients is the most expensive in the constituent of a balance diet of every animal .

The high cost of protein source has push many livestock farmers out of business.

Is there a way out ?

God has made a way out

What is the way out ?

Kindly follow me in this journey to explain the way out

The way out is in the life cycle of a small animal/insect that God gave the ability to clean up organic waste in our environment and convert it into a good source of protein edible either in fresh or dry form to all animal man inclusive.

What the is this flies ?

The animal or insect is call :
BLACK SOLDER FLIES ( BSF )

Is it available in Nigeria?

Oh yes

I shall be teach or talking about the BSF maggots farming or Production on this blog
and l want people to also contribute to the topic

I remain your friend
Engr Gbenga
08136650972 or Whatsapp 08120528950
Re: BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by Babakolanut(m): 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
Great initiative sir,pls how can I be part of this new opp? Update me on whatsapp +2349034612092 or unclemoringa@gmail.com
Re: BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2023
Babakolanut:
Great initiative sir,pls how can I be part of this new opp? Update me on whatsapp +2349034612092 or unclemoringa@gmail.com

Contact me on Whatsapp 08120528950 please
Re: BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2023
So today let us look at the animal call black Solder fly

I will not bother you about stories or what you should be able to read or find on the internet already.

But from what we learnt in basic biology in secondary School.

BSF is a special animal or fly that does not eat food at maturity so it does not transmit sickness from one place to another like other flies, it only drink water
It's main purpose at maturity is to cross fertilize the female eggs or rather the males are to mate the females to make their eggs fertile before laying
. while the females are to lay eggs in a safe & food place so that the young maggots hatched can survive and the cycle of their life can continue but in this process they help to eat up all available organic materials in the environment so eliminate smell.
In deed our God is smarter and greatly to be praise and gave use sense to study and understand & apply it to our benefits.

The life cycle of flies:
Adult flies to Eggs to maggots to Prepupa to pupa to Adult flies

Our interest is to cage the flies, provide all the necessary conditions close to natural so that they can always complete & continue their life cycle while we make use of the maggots,Prepupa/ pupa ,dead flies & their waste call frass which is organic fertilizer & shell from which the flies emerges after leaving the pupa stage. So BSF has no waste because everything will be useful to other animals.
Remember BSF and it associated materials are useful to both plant and animals

Whatsapp me on 08120528950
Or call me on 08136650972 or 08159580791
Re: BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2023
Since we are rearing the flies in a control environment or caged system we must provide all the necessary conditions almost close to their natural environment for the BSF to survive and also reproduce.

So what are the things need or suitable conditions for each of the BSF life cycle.?

1) Flies
White net should be use to cover the cage , the frame of this cage can be wood or ieon
BSF flies like bright and sunny environment in other words they like bright places, so provide sunrays or artificial light at night or during the day if you can't position the flies in that sunny position
They also like moderate heat so there is a required temperature range needed for them to be active for mating & laying of eggs
They don't eat at all but can drink water, so provide water for them.
The sole aim of the male is to mate or fertilize the eggs in the female before laying
The sole aim of the female is to get mate by the males and to find a conducive environment to lay eggs for hatching. So in the design of the love cage where all the conditions above must be met.

2) Eggs

3) Maggots

4) Prepupa

5) Pupa
Re: BSF Maggots Production/farming & Value Addition by yuspapa: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2023
Will love to be part of this project

(1) (Reply)

Ten Most Expensive Fruits In The World / My Attempt To Beat Cunning Brokers Once And For All Flops / Cashew Season Is Here Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.