Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Year 2023: Refuse To Be Lazy! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Year 2023: Refuse To Be Lazy! (248 Views)

RCCG Prophecies For Year 2023 By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / TB Joshua's Burial: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Top Nigerian Pastors Refuse To Attend / Coronavirus: Apostle Joshua Selman In UK, Shocked As Members Refuse To Hold Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Year 2023: Refuse To Be Lazy! by topshore(f): 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
Scripture Text: 2 Thessalonians 3:6-13

Memory Verse: "The soul of the lazy wants, but has nothing; but the soul of the hard worker will be made fat." – Proverbs 13:4

Being lazy kills your dreams.

How can we tell if someone is lazy?
Here are some things we can look for:

First, a lazy person always has an excuse for why he or she doesn't do anything. For example, a lazy person might say it's too cold or too hot (bad weather). In Proverbs 20:4, it says, "The lazy person won't plough because it's cold. Because of this, he'll have to beg in the harvest and get nothing." Also, a lazy person will find faults with his tools in this way. According to an English saying, a lazy worker fights with his tools.

Second, a lazy person loves sleep. Being lazy and sleeping too much make people poor. In Proverbs 20:13, it says, "Do not love sleep, or you will end up poor; open your eyes, and you will be full of bread."

Third, a lazy person is fails to study the Bible and to pray. These two things can lead to spiritual dryness, helplessness, and even death. Lastly, lazy people often don't have a plan, a goal, or their own drive.

How do you overcome the spirit of laziness?
Beloved, laziness leads to poverty, dependence on others, begging or "sponging" off others, low self-esteem, and dishonour.

1. Pray the negative traits of laziness and their consequences out of your life. The Bible says in 2 Thessalonians 3:10 that people who don't want to work shouldn't eat either.

2. Put your hands to action and get to work. If you have to, try twice as hard. God will give you a lot of food. You will not labour in vain, in Jesus’ name.

3. Surrender your life to Christ and let Him help you heal all your weaknesses and loose you from your infirmities.

If you wolud like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus Christ, I come to you now, come into my life, take control of my life. I say bye-bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdon of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

Congratulations!!! You're now a new creature and free!

God bless you.

Peace!

Reference list:
Dr. D.K Olukoya, Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional, 2023: Vol 8.
https://flatimes.com/mfm-devotional-15-january-2023-say-no-to-laziness/
Re: Year 2023: Refuse To Be Lazy! by Goalnaldo(m): 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omo, I have those attributes. Thank God I've found a place Im now working. Meanwhile, I love your Bible translation. What translation is that?

1 Like

Re: Year 2023: Refuse To Be Lazy! by topshore(f): 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Omo, I have those attributes. Thank God I've found a place Im now working. Meanwhile, I love your Bible translation. What translation is that?

Thank God for your life. I actually converted the NLT version to a very simple language for ease of understanding.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Wednesday, February 8,2023 / Recommend the best up-to-date English Bible version for me! / Pope Resignations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.