Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,923 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

User Registration Work In Xampp But Not Cpanel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / User Registration Work In Xampp But Not Cpanel (186 Views)

Install And Host Wordpress Locally On Your Pc, Without Using Wamp, Mamp Or Xampp / I Need Help Using Xampp As Local Host. / Learn How To Setup A Wordpress Website On A Localhost E.g Xampp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

User Registration Work In Xampp But Not Cpanel by Damilare994: 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
Good day everyone

I am new to web development 3 months, so i create a website that allows users to create account and log in. This worked perfectly on xampp but when i used the same code on live server(cpanel), the login works perfectly fine because i imported the database table from xampp to cpanel. But the user registration is not working. The code runs, no error but data is not stored in the database.

I have contacted the hosting website and i was informed its a web developer problem not hosting problem

Please i will appreciate input
Re: User Registration Work In Xampp But Not Cpanel by RealLordZeus(m): 6:40am On Feb 01, 2023
Damilare994:
Good day everyone

I am new to web development 3 months, so i create a website that allows users to create account and log in. This worked perfectly on xampp but when i used the same code on live server(cpanel), the login works perfectly fine because i imported the database table from xampp to cpanel. But the user registration is not working. The code runs, no error but data is not stored in the database.

I have contacted the hosting website and i was informed its a web developer problem not hosting problem

Please i will appreciate input
What's the mysql/mariadb version on cpanel.. check for null fields

What type of framework are your running?
Re: User Registration Work In Xampp But Not Cpanel by Xedmark: 8:47am On Feb 01, 2023
Obviously the host reference in your code is wrong.

It is possible you've used root as your username and 127.0.0.1 as your host in your code that won't work on cpanel you have to reference localhost as your host in your db.config file or anything you use as your database connection file.

(1) (Reply)

How To Write SEO Content / How To Build A Successful Blog / Building Nfts With Ethereum: Learn How To Create, Deploy, And Sell Nfts On Ether

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.