Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 (10264 Views)

Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds On Saturday, February 10th, 2024 / Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds This Saturday / Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Today. See List Of Blocked Roads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by naptu2: 9:06am On Feb 02, 2023
Lagos City Marathon @lagosmarathon

Road Closure & Alternative routes for the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon 2023

Motorists are advised to take note and use these alternatives routes to avoid the road blocks for the duration of the race.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation

https://twitter.com/lagosmarathon/status/1620884895387254785

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by naptu2: 9:06am On Feb 02, 2023
More.

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by naptu2: 9:06am On Feb 02, 2023
Meanwhile:

Omoyele Sowore @YeleSowore

I will be participating in the Lagos City Marathon #RunLagos2023 scheduled for Feb 4th 2023, I am looking for 100 runners to join me in what I have tagged #RunwithSowore, I am also urging other Pres. candidates particularly of the @OfficialAPCNg @OfficialPDPNig @NgLabour to join!

https://twitter.com/YeleSowore/status/1617863046894063619

AAC Presidential Candidate, Sowore Challenges Tinubu, Atiku, Peter Obi To Run With Him At Lagos City Marathon

January 24, 2023

Sowore, who said he is looking for 100 runners to join him in what he has tagged “#RunwithSowore” is seemingly asking the presidential candidates to join him and prove to Nigerians that they are physically fit for the work they are bargaining for.

The presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) in the forthcoming general elections, Omoyele Sowore, has challenged the presidential candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Peter Obi of the Labour Party to join him in the February 4, 2023, Lagos City Marathon.

Sowore, who said he is looking for 100 runners to join him in what he has tagged “#RunwithSowore” is seemingly asking the presidential candidates to join him and prove to Nigerians that they are physically fit for the work they are bargaining for.

Sowore, who is in his early 50s said, “I will be participating in the Lagos City Marathon #RunLagos2023 scheduled for Feb 4th 2023, I am looking for 100 runners to join me in what I have tagged #RunwithSowore,

“I am also urging other Pres. candidates particularly of the @OfficialAPCNg @OfficialPDPNig @NgLabour to join!”

This is as the APC presidential candidate, Tinubu and his PDP counterpart, Atiku have been widely reported to be struggling with health challenges.

Recently, a former Director of the Civil Society of the APC Presidential Campaign Council (APC-PCC), Najatu Muhammad, while explaining why she dumped Tinubu described the former Lagos governor as not only physically unfit to lead the nation, but also mentally unfit.

“Asiwaju that I sat with for two hours, he slept most of the time, it was Bisi Akande that I was really talking to. Most importantly he is not only physically unfit, he is mentally unfit, whether we want it or not, this is the truth. It’s not that I hate him, I respect him because I have heard of one or two people that he assisted which is good,” she said in an interview with THE WHISTLER.

“But when you talk of leadership of over two hundred million people you know that if you remove tribal sentiments, you know that he is incapable, those that will rule are those around him. This is the reality. He is mentally deranged – I said it!

“I sat with him for two hours in London, when you talk of green, he will give you an answer of red, he can’t even decipher, he has very serious dementia, I believe he has Alzheimer’s because he cannot even hold a cup of tea,” she added.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/24/aac-presidential-candidate-sowore-challenges-tinubu-atiku-peter-obi-run-him-lagos-city

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by dfrost: 9:37am On Feb 02, 2023
Thanks for the update boss naptu2.

Meanwhile, Sowore is not serious at all grin

1 Like

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by naptu2: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2023
dfrost:
Thanks for the update boss naptu2.

Meanwhile, Sowore is not serious at all grin

Good morning.
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by dfrost: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2023
naptu2:

Good morning.

Good morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Reelmii: 11:33am On Feb 02, 2023
😏...is this wat the citizens need.....that is why they never take u people serious.....no fuel..no access to cash and all u people can think of is to run for lagos🤔..wow

3 Likes

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Missgeraldine(f): 11:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Pls government should provide enough security for the participants...these roaming tifnubu owomida miscreants are hell bent on constituting nuisance all over the places.

Bundle them up.

Vote OBI2023

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Misterc(m): 11:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Honestly this Sowore of a guy is a clown...
Debate you gtee come, town hall meeting; u no show.... Campaign nko? U no do...
Na run u wan go run...
Just dey play u hear
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Goodlady(f): 11:35am On Feb 02, 2023
Them still dey do am?
What's the cash price and are we going to run with males too?
I can't come from the north to Lagos to suffer against men o

Meanwhile Sowore is not well. Himself no fit. See his pot belly like small bucket hidden in his stomach.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by BlueRayDick: 11:35am On Feb 02, 2023
Inside fuel scarcity and no cash? I just hope those foreigners coming go see naira spend grin

1 Like

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Mandate2023: 11:35am On Feb 02, 2023
Lagos dis lagos dat......ipigs oya come and wail

3 Likes

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Brendaniel: 11:35am On Feb 02, 2023
No Nigerian has won this marathon since it started, Lagos is just dashing money to Kenya and Ethiopia...

1 Like

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Kharol1234: 11:36am On Feb 02, 2023
Wahala..
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by ImoleNaija: 11:37am On Feb 02, 2023
Thanks for seeing this. My team won't bother going out this weekend.

Wahala for who dey go work on Saturday o.
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Flango: 11:37am On Feb 02, 2023
shocked
I will be running the race on Saturday (42km). I've been rehearsing until this moment, malaria wants to stop me. I'll run regardless. As for Sowore. I doubt if he can finish that race. Probably he'll come to take pictures. Running for that long isn't easy in any way.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by iwaeda: 11:37am On Feb 02, 2023
naptu2:
Lagos City Marathon @lagosmarathon

https://twitter.com/lagosmarathon/status/1620884895387254785

Always locking the city without providing alternative roads. There will be mad traffic. Sanwoolu and Access Bank will waste the weekend for people. Eko bridge has been locked for close to a year. Ikorodu road will take you through Sabo because Yaba M/M Ebute-Meta is closed grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Kolaboluv7(m): 11:38am On Feb 02, 2023
shocked
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Mindlog: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2023
Time for Kenyans and Ethiopians to cash out as usual.
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Mindlog: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2023
Brendaniel:
No Nigerian has won this marathon since it started, Lagos is just dashing money to Kenya and Ethiopia...

Nigerians can't win it, the nearest attempt will be from runners from Plateau, Adamawa and Taraba who have undergone years of rigorous trainings.
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by davidtemi(m): 11:42am On Feb 02, 2023
I go dey my house dey watch EPL
Arsenal vs Everton
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Obynopositive: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2023
on top the one we don de suffer already......
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by wunmi590(m): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2023

This should be postponed, alot of people are suffering from getting money for now....
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by ecolime(m): 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
Marathon with the mess Tinubu/Buhari APC put us? Una get mind oo shocked
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
Goodlady:
Them still dey do am?
What's the cash price and are we going to run with males too?
I can't come from the north to Lagos to suffer against men o

Meanwhile Sowore is not well. Himself no fit. See his pot belly like small bucket hidden in his stomach.
Even if you run and win I don't think you will be awarded the price except you are among the selected participants
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
Flango:
shocked
I will be running the race on Saturday (42km). I've been rehearsing until this moment, malaria wants to stop me. I'll run regardless. As for Sowore. I doubt if he can finish that race. Probably he'll come to take pictures. Running for that long isn't easy in any way.
I doubt you will get the price you as an individual come first except you are one of the selected participants
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by dododawa1: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2023
Closing of road again to ADDED to ones on ground, NIGERIA.
Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by naptu2: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
DREAMHOMES6970:

Even if you run and win I don't think you will be awarded the price except you are among the selected participants

DREAMHOMES6970:

I doubt you will get the price you as an individual come first except you are one of the selected participants

All you need to do is to register. There are also various prizes.

First there is the 42km race. This is the race that the East Africans usually win. The winner of this race will get a prize and the first Nigerian to finish will also get a prize. This race starts at the National Stadium and ends at Eko Atlantic City.

Secondly, there is the 10km fun run. Families, children and anybody can take part. This race begins at Lekki Phase 1 and ends at Eko Atlantic and the winners also get prizes.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Saturday, February 4th, 2023 by Flango: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2023
DREAMHOMES6970:

I am not an elite runner. The chances of me winning is almost zero. Elite runners finish the race in just over 2hrs. For me, if I have a good race, I'll finish in just under 5hrs. The marathon is an event where people push themselves to do the impossible just like climbing a mountain or skydiving. Winning isn't the motivation for most people. Except it's your profession. That's where you feed from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Bursts Into Flame At Kwara Filling Station / Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries (photos) / Epassport From Nigeria House NY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.