Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola (869 Views)

Fashola Narrates How Tinubu Helped Ladoja Recover His Mandate After Impeachment / Badaru: Tinubu Helped Me Become Jigawa Governor / Hamisu Chidari: Tinubu Helped Buhari Become President We Will Reward Him In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by lexylaw40: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2023
Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola

firstweeklymagazine.com

Feb 2, 2023 8:37 AM

Minister of Works and Housing Babatunde Fashola has revealed how the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress Asiwaju Bola Tinubu helped former Oyo State Governor Rasheed Ladoja win in court after he was impeached from office.

Ladoja was impeached by 18 members of the Oyo State House of Assembly January 2006, but was returned back to office 11 months later after the Supreme Court ruled that the impeachment was illegal.

While appearing on Instagram live session with media personality, Morayo Afolabi-Brown, the former Lagos State governor who was then chief of staff to Tinubu revealed that Ladoja came to Lagos to seek Tinubu’s help after he was removed from office.

Fashola further revealed that Tinubu instructed him to assemble a team of lawyers who prepared the court document that was filed in court used to secure victory for Ladoja despite being an opposition governor at that time.

He said, “When Governor Ladoja was removed as governor in Ibadan by an apparently illegal impeachment process, it was to Lagos that he came.

“On Sundays, I used to play football and Sundays were like my day off when he would not call me. I remember my phone rang after playing on Sunday, and it was the ADC and he said, ‘the boss wants to speak with you’. When he came on, he said, ‘Tunde, I’m sorry, I know this is your day off, but I need you. Yemi (the current vice president) was in the RCCG camp’. He said, ‘Just bring your constitution, bring your law books, I need you to research something for me.’

“When I got there, what he said to me was, ‘Are we just going to fold our hands and let a governor in Nigeria be impeached and nothing would happen?’ And I said but he was in opposition, and he said ‘it doesn’t matter, what can we do, call your colleagues?’ And it was in his house in that Bourdillon that a group of us lawyers sat down, prepared the court document, I keep the name of the lawyer who went to file it with security we gave him at 4am to go to Ibadan from 11 in the morning. And it was that case that went all the way to the Supreme Court and Ladoja was returned back to office before he finally lost in the reelection.”

Fashola added that Tinubu has continued to just like he did then, fight the course of the helpless to ensure that the get the best and are not cheated.

“That wasn’t his course, that was an opposition governor, but that is the man, the champion for oppressed people. So when some people are trying to rewrite history and say he is fighting Buhari, no he is emphatising with people who can’t money, he is emphatising with people who need fuel. These are fights he has spent all his life fighting and they are more,” Fashola added.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by dedonfranco(m): 9:11am On Feb 02, 2023
Peter Obi remains our Hope.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 02, 2023
Tinubu have really helped so many politically oppressed people

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by derecho(m): 9:12am On Feb 02, 2023
So No one has ever helped Tinubu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Zonefree(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2023
derecho:
Lol

Question for high powers.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 02, 2023
Truth be told Tinubu has really helped and build people politically but he has always been a victim of betrayal. Most APC inner caucus are working for Atiku and Atiku is the incoming president.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 02, 2023
Everybody deserves a friend like tinubu, he is a real nigga

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by citygarden(m): 9:30am On Feb 02, 2023
Tinubu has always brought leaders from scratch he has helped many politicians in one way or the other, including the three leading opposition obi, kwakwaso Atiku. Forget about politics. It is a game and fun for them. No matter whether the winner is still tinubu victory because they're a colleague

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Iamgrey5(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2023
Yes, Tinubu is not as bad as he is painted in the media, even though some people still claim he still owns this Media houses. Nobody holy.

Nonetheless, I can't look past his health status and age. He is contesting for presidency ten years late.

Although, I still respect him as a Yoruba leader.
Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by lexylaw40: 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Yes, Tinubu is not as bad as he is painted in the media, even though some people still claim he still owns this Media houses. Nobody holy.

Nonetheless, I can't look past his health status and age. He is contesting for presidency ten years late.

Although, I still respect him as a Yoruba leader.
but he is younger than ATIKU

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by ezechi242: 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
helped him i what sense ....was he the judge or he did what he knows how to do best...bribe the hell out of the judiciary as he did in osun....spits
Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Betanaija42moro: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
APC financial policies is destroying the country.

Many Nigerians are suffering and sinking into poverty.

Please don't vote APC again before we all sink

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Zulum500: 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
derecho:

Haha I feel your BP 🤣😁🤣
Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Zulum500: 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
Betanaija42moro:
APC financial policies is destroying the country.

Many Nigerians are suffering and sinking into poverty.

Please don't vote APC again before we all sink

But your obidense are happy before

Thooonndeeer faya alaigbo 🤣🤣😁

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by onatisi(m): 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2023
i wonder oooo grin grin grin

so because tinubu helped ladoja over 15 years ago, therefore the over 180 million Nigerians must repay him back by voting for him to become president !!!!
the way some politicians talk sef , it seems they think and take Nigerians for complete compound garden fools that they can just be tossing up and kicking around anyhow.
the whole world can see that someone is sick both physically and mentally and not fit to rule a nation of over 200 million and someone is saying he helped ladoja over 15 years ago , therefore we must vote for him !!! imagine

derecho:

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2023
Zulum500:

But your obidense are happy before

Thooonndeeer faya alaigbo 🤣🤣😁
mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique
Rule 2
Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by OriOko88(m): 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2023
And he's still trying to force his cousin on my osun people. Ko le wrk
Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by EeyanMayweather(m): 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2023
SAI JAGABAN
Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by EeyanMayweather(m): 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2023
peepydelano:
Truth be told Tinubu has really helped and build people politically but he has always been a victim of betrayal. Most APC inner caucus are working for Atiku and Atiku is the incoming president.
Nah so life be.
Asiwaju will prevail
Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by EeyanMayweather(m): 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2023
OriOko88:
And he's still trying to force his cousin on my osun people. Ko le wrk
It's a done deal
Power pass power grin cheesy
Ilerioluwa ti de pada
Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2023
Zonefree:

Lol

Question for high powers.

😂

Voters are low powers abeg
Re: Tinubu Helped Ladoja Secure Court Victory After Impeachment – Fashola by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
ezechi242:
helped him i what sense ....was he the judge or he did what he knows how to do best...bribe the hell out of the judiciary as he did in osun....spits

Only few Nigerians reason like you. And the destiny of this great nation lies on the shoulders of these few.

Don't fail this nation when your time come.

(1) (Reply)

New Tinubu Song By Warri Boys / Falz: I Will Never Ever Vote For Tinubu, God Forbid It / Anambra Senator Denies Endorsing Obi, Says LP Can’t Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.