Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? (7786 Views)

How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? / How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / Globacom Follow-up Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by headboyprince(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2023
HomoSapiien:
So I had an interview with an accounting company yesterday, and I think I didn’t do bad in the interview.

I was asked when I’d be available to resume, I said I’m free anytime, but since yesterday, I’m yet to get a feedback.

I have one of the HRs contact, I’m thinking of calling him, but I don’t want to do this in rush, so I’ll like to ask how long should I chill for their feedback before following up in case I don’t get to hear any?

I seriously need this job.
let me give you a secret...
Any interview you have to follow up, just take it that you wont get that Job... embarassed
As long as you went for the interview, and dropped your contact details with them, you don't need to follow up...
its possible that they wanted to hire you but they found a more preferred candidate...So just look for another job...
Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by ScamHunter: 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2023
HomoSapiien:
So I had an interview with an accounting company yesterday, and I think I didn’t do bad in the interview.

I was asked when I’d be available to resume, I said I’m free anytime, but since yesterday, I’m yet to get a feedback.

I have one of the HRs contact, I’m thinking of calling him, but I don’t want to do this in rush, so I’ll like to ask how long should I chill for their feedback before following up in case I don’t get to hear any?

You don't have to contact them for now. Just send a thank you message for the interview expressing your anticipation working with them. Then wait... don't contact them again until the end of the month. Then ask for feedback on the resumption date.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by Ikea81: 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2023
HomoSapiien:

Bro, I can understand the eagerness, but from experience give them a week..even the fastest recruitment process takes about a week from invitation, discussion , offer and acceptance. Calm down..Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by ScamHunter: 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2023
headboyprince:
let me give you a secret...
Any interview you have to follow up, just take it that you've lost that Job... embarassed
As long as you went for the interview, and dropped your contact details with them, you don't need to follow up...
its possible that they wanted to hire you but they found a more preferred candidate...So just look for another job...

This is very wrong. A company can delay resumption of a new employee for any reason. Sometimes, they can contact you after 6 months when you've forgotten you had an interview. In job hunting, anything is possible.
Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by Jomonix: 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2023
HomoSapiien:

Do not bother to contact them. Doing so does not put you at any advantage. It's not good to look desperate before prospective employers. Let it be. If you pass they will come looking for you

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by Eberex(m): 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2023
emee701:
Just asking. How much is the highest they were ready to pay

You know I can't answer that question because our job description are different.

Everyone should know their worth.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by peace0813(f): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2023
rickleye:
2 weeks
There might be other candidates to interview. After which HR summarizes the candidates and discusses with MD. They will then prepare an acceptance letter with benefits to get it approved.
After which you will be called to either say we would like a second interview or welcome aboard.
Ideally, when I am asked how soon can I start - My response is always, I would like to give my present company professional curtesy of 1 week to find a replacement.

What if you tell them that you will like to give your present one month, will they still call you?
Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by ICTNEWS: 5:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
HomoSapiien:

They'll call you mine took 2 months

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by Babydaddymateri(m): 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2023
Why the rush bro ?

Doing follow ups raises red flag.

Where I am now, I was called after more than one month after interview

Was I desperate for their call ? HELL NO..

But I was busy shooting other places.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by JerryJude(m): 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
Just Chill for at least one week

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by phemmyfour: 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2023
HomoSapiien:

A week

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by Nwanna2588: 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
An average job seeker is in dire need of it after an interview. The economic hardship that most job seekers are facing does not justify the delay as many have said here. Even though employers are not ready to employ the candidate that passed immediately they should carry them along. Keeping silent is killing.
When it comes to making decisions that affect other people you should be careful about it. I know a job seeker that is agonising his leaving a job that was paying him peanuts thinking that he has landed a job he passed the interview. Still, on it, he is yet to receive an invitation.
All these can kill. Delay is dangerous. After acting in a rude fashion subjecting candidates to answer all kinds of questions it is not good to dash their hope.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by TYCO77: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
HomoSapiien:

You should have informed them you are ready to resume that moment, if it is not convenient with then they can schedule you.
Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by HomoSapiien: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2023
TYCO77:

You should have informed them you are ready to resume that moment, if it is not convenient with then they can schedule you.

Yeah, we were only 4 that attended the interview. I was only the one that said I was ready to resume immediately. The rest were saying in 3- 4 weeks.

But reason why I kept anticipating is that a fried that attending same interview 2 days before I went got an offer email the same day he went. Although he’s a chartered accountant unlike me.

The role is for chartered and non chartered accountants. So I think they’re first giving preference to the chartered.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed sha. I sent post interview appreciation mail earlier today as some suggested.

Thank you for your response sir.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by rickleye: 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
peace0813:

What if you tell them that you will like to give your present one month, will they still call you?

That could be negotiated once you get the offer. A month is long though unless you are in demand.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by Melagros(m): 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2023
HomoSapiien:

Sometimes it takes longer than anticipated, just hold on a bit

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by gorgeousnogo(f): 12:30am On Feb 05, 2023
Neduzze5:
Lolz... Only yesterday and your body's itching you.

Better calm down and give them like a week or two weeks.

My HR is currently interviewing a set of 100 persons for a remote role and it's been a hectic job so far.

Some don't show up, some show up and don't adequately prepare. So she has to schedule for another set most times.

It has taken almost three weeks though, but she's set to round up by today and move onto sending out offer letters by next week.

I'd normally advise that you give them two to four weeks.

Hi, thanks for the insightful comment.

Is your company still hiring?

Also, where does your company advertise for jobs?
so appreciate your feedback.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? by diamondkween: 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2023
I went for an interview and passed the 1st and second interview. I was called for another with the board of dirs. I was the only one in my category that passed, I was even kept waiting after that they might need me for something. I later left after waiting for more than 20mins on their order. It has been two weeks now, no call and no emails. I always hate this phrase,"we will get back to you". I will just muvveeee because that's their way of saying, thanks for your time. They never get back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Received Job Offer From AITEO ENERGY / British American Tobacco: Marketing Information Executive / Kaduna State Water Corporation (KADSWAC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.