Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

I’m Ready To Return N50,000 Dowry - Ganduje’s Daughter Dissolves Marriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Return N50,000 Dowry - Ganduje’s Daughter Dissolves Marriage (267 Views)

Trolls Stormed Ganduje's Daughter, Fatima Social Media Page, Blasts Her. PHOTOS / Ndume Announces N100,000 Dowry Of His Daughter At The Senate / Ganduje's Daughter Starts Her Own Foundation To Help Almajiri Children In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Ready To Return N50,000 Dowry - Ganduje’s Daughter Dissolves Marriage by OpzyGist(m): 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
The Kano State High Sharia Court on Thursday dissolved the marriage between Asiya Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and her husband, Inuwa Uba, through Islamic measures.

Earlier, Asiya Ganduje, the daughter of the Governor of Kano State, through her lawyer, Ibrahim Aliyu Nassarawa, approached the court, asking the court to dissolve her marriage on the grounds that she was fed up and declares willingness to return the amount of N50,000 received as dowry.

In his response, the counsel for the respondent, Umar I. Umar, said the claim of the plaintiff is beyond the issue of dowry alone and argued that Asiya held some properties belonging to his client.

Earlier in his response on the point of law, Counsel for Asiya, told the court that the plaintiff will not relinquish her rights for divorce.

The Counsel submitted that the plaintiff filed her claim for divorce alone.

In delivering the verdict, the trial judge, Mallam Abdullahi Haliru, said that the evidence presented during the trial proves that the plaintiff received the amount of 50,000 naira. According to him, the court made the ruling on the basis that was supposed to be the basis of the marriage, namely the dowry.

The Judge ordered Asiya to return the sum of N50,000 revived as dowry.

See more details here👇🏼

https://opzygist.com.ng/relationship-family/gandujes-daughter-dissolves-marriage/

Re: I’m Ready To Return N50,000 Dowry - Ganduje’s Daughter Dissolves Marriage by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
Long story

(1) (Reply)

We Igbo Insist On Southern Presidency / Seun What's The Criteria For Threads To Be On Front Page??? / Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.