Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

To Those That Understand Javascript. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / To Those That Understand Javascript. (816 Views)

Understand Javascript Closures / Pidgin English Tutorial: Understand Javascript Promise 1 / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Those That Understand Javascript. by Edipet(m): 11:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
You guys that learned and understand javascript very well, are you guys having double Brain or only for genius.
Please someone should recommend the concept, book or video that really helped him. because I am beginning to question myself if I really I have Brain🧠. How can I stay for 5hrs without getting it.
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by brunofarad(m): 2:27am On Feb 03, 2023
I was once in your shoes.

The key is consistency.
Keep Learning and WRITING CODES.

I capitalized writing codes for a reason cos without it, your brains will never make meaning of anything you learn.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by truthCoder: 4:39am On Feb 03, 2023
Edipet:
You guys that learned and understand javascript very well, are you guys having double Brain or only for genius.
Please someone should recommend the concept, book or video that really helped him. because I am beginning to question myself if I really I have Brain🧠. How can I stay for 5hrs without getting it.

Let me tell you a very important secret.

Most of us felt that way too.

Just continue practicing.

5 Likes

Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by qtguru(m): 7:21am On Feb 03, 2023
Edipet:

I have some free time, what you must understand about JS is some things,

JavaScript (EcmaScript)
This is the Syntax part, ES5,ES6,ES7 the two important concepts I will advice is understanding the prototypial nature of JS and the newer offerings of ES6, if you understand how to add to prototype and do inheritance through that, you will understand the core of JS, Class is to make it easier to write. Then learn about Closures, Scope and global variable. There are new features like Generators, Promise and Proxy. You can do some complex features but it requires studying. That's how i learnt I studied the book for years, since I tend to work on a lot of complex JS built projects. Debugging frameworks will show you how different it is from the regular JS code, design patterns too are involved.

JavaScript as an API ( BOM, DOM, Chrome API)

BOM => Browser related features e.g navigation and the rest
DOM => DOM Trasversal, Event, Node and all that
Chrome API => Chrome Browser itself using JavaScript to perform core browser functionalities

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by qtguru(m): 7:21am On Feb 03, 2023
There's a newer edition though
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by Maxxim: 9:09am On Feb 03, 2023
qtguru:

JavaScript (EcmaScript)
This is the Syntax part, ES5,ES6,ES7 the two important concepts I will advice is understanding the prototypial nature of JS and the newer offerings of ES6, if you understand how to add to prototype and do inheritance through that, you will understand the core of JS, Class is to make it easier to write. Then learn about Closures, Scope and global variable. There are new features like Generators, Promise and Proxy. You can do some complex features but it requires studying. That's how i learnt I studied the book for years, since I tend to work on a lot of complex JS built projects. Debugging frameworks will show you how different it is from the regular JS code, design patterns too are involved.

Chrome API => Chrome Browser itself using JavaScript to perform core browser functionalities

Hello sir qtguru, though there are new edition, some of it's topics should still be relevant right?
Cos the newer edition isn't free
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by LikeAking: 10:42am On Feb 03, 2023
Good luck op..
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by qtguru(m): 10:44am On Feb 03, 2023
Maxxim:

Hello sir qtguru, though there are new edition, some of it's topics should still be relevant right?
Cos the newer edition isn't free
I have a copy
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by Maxxim: 11:04am On Feb 03, 2023
qtguru:

I have a copy
Oh really
can I get it, maybe there's a way you could share it🙏🏾
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by Deicide: 11:32am On Feb 03, 2023
Even me self way I think say I know JavaScript not until I saw some challenges on bigfrontend.dev. Omo even the easy self day hard me 🥲

1 Like

Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by Edipet(m): 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
qtguru:

JavaScript (EcmaScript)

please sir can you send me a copy of this book, I can't get it for From on google
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by Davidcorny: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
Edipet:
please sir can you send me a copy of this book, I can't get it for From on google
check libgen.rs

1 Like

Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by Edipet(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Davidcorny:
check libgen.rs
thanks
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by PPIA: 12:34am On Feb 10, 2023
Edipet:
grin grin
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by LittleBigDick(m): 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2023
Read eloquent javascript
Re: To Those That Understand Javascript. by Edipet(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
LittleBigDick:
Read eloquent javascript
thank, please can you recommend video for me

(1) (Reply)

Local Software Vendors Flex Muscles With Foreign Brands / Reporting Tool For Php / I Am Due For 6 Months It & Have Passion For Programming. Any One With Info On Firms Located In O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.