Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm (14293 Views)

More Threats Coming From Fulani Elites To Igbo People, Hear For Yourself. / Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ / Why Fulani Herdsmen Must Be Allowed To Live Anywhere – Senator Uzodinma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Ezeama400: 7:15am On Feb 03, 2023
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has raised the alarm alleging that there are plots by some Fulani elite to eliminate him.

The governor, who made the remark while addressing newsmen in Makurdi on Thursday, insisted that he will not be intimidated by anyone to back down from his fight against the invasion of the state by Fulani terrorists from other parts of Africa.

Ortom further vowed not to back down in protecting their interest till the day he leaves office.

DAILY POST reports that the development followed allegations against the governor by a group of Fulani elite led by the dethroned Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi saying that he was being targeted for elimination.

In his reaction, Ortom opined that his attention was drawn to a “write-up signed by 52 personalities of Fulani extraction led by the deposed Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi in form of a letter to Mr President in which the group leveled all manner of accusations against me in a desperate attempt to set me up for hatred, vilification and attacks.

“The group, which refused to give itself a name, accused me of being responsible for the recent killing of some pastoralists at Akwanaja, Doma Local Government Area of Nasarawa State via a bomb attack. They tried to link the Benue State Livestock Guards with the killings, claiming that the pastoralists were bombed on their way from Benue to Nasarawa after they had retrieved their cattle.

“The group maliciously accused me of carrying out genocide against pastoralists. The dethroned Emir Sanusi did not stop at that. He made a video in Hausa in which he maligned me and called on all Fulanis to consider me as their enemy while urging those in Benue State to vote against me during the coming elections.”

“I consider these allegations and blackmail targeted at my person and the Government of Benue State as part of a grand conspiracy by enemies of the state to eliminate me. Since 2017 when we enacted the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law, I have escaped seven assassination attempts.”

“The recent utterances of some personalities such as Lamido Sanusi have revealed the true identities of those behind the sinister agenda to eliminate me. But my life is in the hands of God and only He can permit anything evil to come my way,” he stated.

He emphasised that “Let me tell the dethroned Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi and his conspirators that I cannot be intimidated by any of them. I hold the mandate of Benue people and my allegiance is to my people in respect of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which gives states as federating units, the power to enact laws for the good governance of their people.”

He spoke further, “I must state categorically that the Benue State Government under my leadership has no hand in the Akwanaja incident. Linking me with the bomb attack in Doma, Nasarawa State is the most unfair thing anyone would do to me.

“How am I connected or responsible for what did not take place in my state? Akwanaja is in Doma local government area of Nasarawa State, so how do I account for what did not take place in my state? I am Chief Security Officer only in Benue State.

“Fulani herdsmen attacks on my people in the last couple of years have caused a devastating humanitarian crisis resulting in the killing of over 6,000 Benue people and the displacement of about two million others with many living in Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps. Our people have suffered the organized genocide masked in terrorism, not because they do not know their attackers.

“Benue people know those who are visiting them with unprovoked violence and killings, but as law-abiding citizens of Nigeria, we have chosen to sustain our belief in the conventional security agencies of this country. Now, the enemy has turned round to accuse our people of being the aggressors,” he stressed.

“It is public knowledge that right from the day the law came into effect, umbrella bodies of nomadic herders boldly came out with impunity and said they would never obey the law.

“They vowed to mobilize Fulanis across the West African sub-region to invade Benue State and stop implementation of the law. They actualized their threats on the eve of the 2018 New Year when they carried out simultaneous attacks on Guma and Logo local government areas killing 73 people whom we painfully gave a mass burial in Makurdi on January 11, 2018.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/02/fulani-elite-wants-to-eliminate-me-gov-ortom-raises-alarm/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Ezeama400: 7:15am On Feb 03, 2023
Just because he's vocal ? speaking against the killing of his people by Fulanis they are now calling for his head ...

Only a foolish person will want another fulani Muslim to replace Buhari or voting a Muslim Muslim ticket after seeing the massacre of innocent Christians in Nigeria .

170 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Truthisunique2: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2023
Lol, this format still dey

As wike attention format don cast, na ortom turn to find attention

But Sha don't complain the fulanis are hanging up against una in this election

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by robinso01(m): 7:22am On Feb 03, 2023
The same excuses you've been giving for not executing projects in your state.
As for the Fulani, they will soon meet their end when their brother leaves aso villa.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Ezeama400: 7:22am On Feb 03, 2023
Truthisunique2:

robinso01:
The same excuses you've been giving for not executing projects in your state.
As for the Fulani, they will soon meet their end when their brother leaves aso villa.

This your tricks can't work here

Are his people major victims of herdsmen attack yes or no ?

Is he one of the vocal governors in Nigeria who has been calling herdsmen out for their atrocities , yes or no ?

So why are u guys now making it to look like he's just being mischievous for political reasons?

Moreover he has completed his years as a governor.

Fulanis almost brought this country down to level zero due to constant killings here and there.. They kept quite because of election..
If Atiku wins, they will resume their ethnic cleansing again..
If Tinubu wins, Christians will suffer and be reduced to third class citizens ...God forbids!!

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:26am On Feb 03, 2023
Nothing will happen to you in Jesus name.
My only anger is that you did not work properly for Benue people.

God bless Obidients all over the world

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Truthisunique2: 7:27am On Feb 03, 2023
Without inducing northern voters abeg tell me which voter up north go leave him brother for infidel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Truthisunique2: 7:29am On Feb 03, 2023
Ezeama400:

This your tricks can't work here

Are his people major victims of herdsmen attack yes or no ?

Is he one of the vocal governors in Nigeria who has been calling herdsmen out for their atrocities , yes or no ?

So why are u guys now making it to look like he's just being mischievous for political reasons?

Moreover he has completed his years as a governor.

Fulanis almost brought this country down to level zero due to constant killings here and there.. They kept quite because of election..
If Atiku wins, they will resume their ethnic cleansing again..
If Tinubu wins, Christians will suffer and be reduced to third class citizens ...
go sleep

Na so una say wike is fighting for southern interest

How far now, thief ortom doesn't give a hoot about his people na pity be him escape from accountability

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by gashiwalesman: 7:43am On Feb 03, 2023
Ezeama400:
Just because he's vocal ? speaking against the killing of his people by Fulanis they are now calling for his dead...

Only a foolish person will want another fulani Muslim to replace Buhari or voting a Muslim Muslim ticket after seeing the massacre of innocent Christians in Nigeria .

So tinubu will supervise the massacre of christians?

Don't cry again I'm voting him

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by sleek214(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2023
It's funny but very annoying how Ortom uses Fulani saga every election season to deceive the people of Benue State. Ortom is a failure and does not have anything to offer. Funny how Benue people fall for his scam

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by leisuretym: 7:47am On Feb 03, 2023
FG plots clandestine passage of controversial Water Resources Bill Wednesday – Report

They are seriously working underground to sign the rejected ruga bill that will establish ruga and water 💦 resources bills that will enable them have control over the rivers in your communities , the two bills they want Buhari to sign for fulanis before he leave office in May, tell your legislators to stand at alert to reject the bill

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Kasdat5(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2023
Nobody wants you dead , it's your non payment & uslesss time as a gov that's haunting you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by GoodHardDickk: 7:47am On Feb 03, 2023
What's going on in Benue state?

It has come to my knowledge that Fulani has finished killing all Benue indigenes. It was reported that the indigenes do not sleep in their homes anymore because of fear of the Fulanis but rather run to the military base to sleep every night. These Benue indigenes have all left their own States, homes and fled for their lives, they're in most SE and SS States currently and have no interest in returning back to their root until the senseless killings has been stopped.

I hope Obi is taking note. He really has a lot of work to do immediately he has been declared president by Feb 25

15 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by chrisxxx(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2023
They can't touch you
The jazz Fulani people use in the north is worth having. Everyone in the north is complaining against the irritating actions of the Fulanis. Most Hausas you meet in the south would tell you they left north because Fulani won't want them in the farm.
Then the Fulani finds resistance in the South when they try to do what they have been doing in the north in the south. The same Fulani will call the same Northern people that the attack on them is attack on the north. And the whole north will get into it.
This is something awesome and needs to be studied.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Ekundayo7574(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2023
Lol
Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by inoki247: 7:47am On Feb 03, 2023
Lol this one don start him madness again nobody look your side since all this days as u no see anything commission for Benue people....

LoL continue with diz format...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:48am On Feb 03, 2023
Ok
Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by bigdammyj: 7:48am On Feb 03, 2023
Noted.
Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by kereman1: 7:48am On Feb 03, 2023
As insignificant as you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Corrinthians(m): 7:48am On Feb 03, 2023
Yen yen yen. I heard this one is owing civil servants 9 months salaries and counting. Always using Fulanis to deflect attention from his failure.

Go and pay your people, idiot.😠

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by AnyanwuSilas: 7:48am On Feb 03, 2023
Fulani runs Nigeria, they want to take over Nigeria and enslave others.

Watch as Yoruba people here will be attacking Ortom for saying this

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by Throwback: 7:48am On Feb 03, 2023
This mediocre Governor wants to revive this format?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by tsephanyah(f): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2023
grin scammer

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by SenatePresdo(m): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2023
Ortom is fully and unapologetically Obident.

Weep no more your excellency.

Peter Obi is coming.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by temitope27(m): 7:50am On Feb 03, 2023
Wetin this one dey talk again now

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 7:50am On Feb 03, 2023
Corrinthians:
Yen yen yen. I heard this one is owing civil servants 9 months salaries and counting. Always using Fulanis to deflect attention from his failure.

Go and pay your people, idiot.😠
omenka why are you denying your state ?

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by shuttox: 7:52am On Feb 03, 2023
What's wrong with this Man now

I don taya
Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by fredoooooo: 7:52am On Feb 03, 2023
Werey Ortomatic failure, Ortomatic liar..
The Fulani herdsmen propaganda is old abeg

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by adecz: 7:53am On Feb 03, 2023
undecided

The Fulani elites are always afraid
to criticize Buhari's failures.

Does governor Ortom control troops
or Air force operations❓

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Fulani Elites Want Me Dead - Orton Raises Alarm by samsard(m): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2023
Truthisunique2:

As wike attention format don cast, na ortom turn to find attention

But Sha don't complain the fulanis are hanging up against una in this election
As of last week my cousin was attacked in his farm in my hometown in Benue State. My mom told me he was being treated in a hospital. He is physically challenged on one leg and couldn't run. His kids had to run for their life. Someone was killed last year in my village in the farm too. You people stay on social media saying whatever you like. You don't realise that this is a real issue and the governor has become a wailer because there's not much he can do.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'll Not Contest For Presidency Until 10 Million Nigerians Endorse Me – Okorocha / Osinbajo Visits Zungeru, Niger State And Inspects Area Affected By Flood / Imo indigene threatening To Commit Suicide Over Non Payment Of Salary- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.