Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent (1787 Views)

I Want To Buy This Car Please Advice Me / Why Do Some Dealers Do This? / Funny Stuff Dealers Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2011
Hello EVeryone.

I am in really need of a car though on a low budget but i cant hide because I don't have money. comparing to the amount FEhmmy2010, Sunny, Sienna, Autolog etc are quoting here I just feel intimidated because of no cash.

Not withstanding and going straight to the point I wil also like them to make me happy and everyone also in nairaland with a car withing the price range of [size=8pt]200k[/size] to 250k.

Options:
1. Must be in good working condition
2. Tires must be good because am taking it down to the East (East has no good roads remember)
3. Must have good&perfect Engine with no accident report.
4. Manual or Auto is accepted.
5. Must be withing 200k to 250k. pls if you have a car that costs 251k please don't post here. what i have is just 200 to 250k of which making it 250k is not complete yet.
6. And other things a car have in possession.

I repeat pls if your car is above 250k do not reply or post.
Am sorry for the way am instructing with low money but please i need something good as i am still having a lot of things am catering for.

Please everyone post your offers.

I don't mind going for [b]pre-order[/b] .I can wait for 40 to 50days as long as I will get something good.

Thanks.
My email: fitnesswise10@gmail.com
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2011
Please post pics of your car listings here and features.
or send to my email .
Thanks everyone and also for the ones have received am making up my mind nowbut yours can be much more better for me.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 6:30am On Sep 09, 2011
Please post pics of your car listings here and features.
or send to my email .
Thanks everyone and also for the ones have received am making up my mind nowbut yours can be much more better for me.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 09, 2011
fitnesswis:

5. Must be withing 200k to 250k. pls if you have a car that costs 251k please don't post here. what i have is just 200 to 250k of which making it 250k is not complete yet.

Comrade, your terms are way too rigid. Why not allow sellers offer you cars of up to 300,000 NGN? At least you may be able to haggle. Setting an absolute maximum of 250,000 NGN will seriously limit your options!

fitnesswis:

I don't mind going for [b]pre-order[/b] .I can wait for 40 to 50days as long as I will get something good.

I doubt if you'd get a pre-order on a 250,000 NGN budget.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 8:21am On Sep 09, 2011
Thanks Siena.
Please i have now 220k but hoping to get money anywhere and make it 250k.
i don't think i can reach 300k as i have many things eating and consuming money on daily basis.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 9:02am On Sep 09, 2011
bump
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by cretin: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2011
just add another zero '0' to ur budget, and u will get plenty offers.

i doubt if u wud get a good offer here, ur best bet is to chk the road side car sellers, ie cars with for sell sign on them , that the owners packed.by the road side
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 9:17am On Sep 09, 2011
cretin:

just add another zero '0' to your budget, and u will get plenty offers.

i doubt if u wud get a good offer here, your best bet is to chk the road side car sellers, ie cars with for sell sign on them , that the owners packed.by the road side

another zero (0) how .which amount then?
many have gotten their cars through nairaland and i will also get mine as mine wont be a different case and once i get it i must surely announce to everyone here the goodnews.

so give me offers.
Thanks.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2011
fitnesswis:

another zero (0) how .which amount then?
many have gotten their cars through nairaland and i will also get mine as mine wont be a different case and once i get it i must surely announce to everyone here the goodnews.
so give me offers.
Thanks.

I'll be quite blunt with you bro.

A car that fits your budget is best for a driver that's handy with the spanners. At that price, such a car is likely to require a lot of attention - mechanical and electrical gremlins. It's likely to cost you a fair bit in repairs.

I would advice you wait a bit longer, save up more and buy a decent car, that won't cripple you financially. A car needs money to run it, if you can't stump up a decent sum to buy one, how do you plan to maintain it?
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by femmy2010(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2011
Frankly,you can get a car with your budget but what is the joy of buying what you would want to resell at a much lower price after just a month or two of using it?
You sure might be wondering why you would want to sell it,the pain of visiting mechanics everyday is not what I would wish you and certainly you do not wish urself such.
Follow Siena's advice by taking your time to put together more funds to buy a peace of mind car.
Believe it and the best just might manifest sooner than anticipated.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 6:30am On Sep 10, 2011
femmy2010:

Frankly,you can get a car with your budget but what is the joy of buying what you would want to resell at a much lower price after just a month or two of using it?
You sure might be wondering why you would want to sell it,the pain of visiting mechanics everyday is not what I would wish you and certainly you do not wish urself such.
Follow Siena's advice by taking your time to put together more funds to buy a peace of mind car.
Believe it and the best just might manifest sooner than anticipated.

Thanks Femmy for the advice.

Please I got an offer of 225,000 for Mitsubishi Galant. its still clean and have inspected with my Mechanic. should I go ahead and is it worth it?
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by femmy2010(m): 8:04am On Sep 10, 2011
If your mechanic certify it okay then go for it.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 10, 2011
fitnesswis:

Please I got an offer of 225,000 for Mitsubishi Galant. its still clean and have inspected with my Mechanic. should I go ahead and is it worth it?

It all depends on what your mechanic's inspection entails. One thing's for certain - he can only pronounce it fit as at the time of inspection. That does not guarantee it will be fit the following day, or that it won't become a veritable "money pit."

Has it occured to you, your mechanic may be looking to use you as a personal ATM? If this car break, he's going to earn good money from you. My advice?

Walk away.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2011
Siena:

It all depends on what your mechanic's inspection entails. One thing's for certain - he can only pronounce it fit as at the time of inspection. That does not guarantee it will be fit the following day, or that it won't become a veritable "money pit."

Has it occured to you, your mechanic may be looking to use you as a personal ATM? If this car break, he's going to earn good money from you. My advice?

Walk away.

My mechanic is not what your thinking. since 1994 he has been repairing cars from when my dad was there and till now. he is in charge of ours and also inlaws. sometimes we owe him and he doesn't care to even collect the money.

so on that its ok. the car am talking of was driven by the Bursa of a university here in the east. he just drove it for 5 months before he got his official car and since then it has been parked for 9 months. the doors are stiff and hard to open that's all. the engine, interior, body and everything is just clean.

I am just asking to know if Mitsubish Gallant worths 225k ?

Hope to get your reply and thanks so much for your response here.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2011
femmy2010:

If your mechanic certify it okay then go for it.

Yes He did certify it ok. He even said i was lucky to get a car like this.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2011
^^^ I still say tread with caution. Having a car laid up for extended periods brings its own set of mechanical issues, so being parked up for 9 months is not a bonus.

How much is a Mitsubishi Galant? How long is a piece of string? I guess any used car is worth what a potential buyer is willing to pay. Besides, you don't state the year of this Mitsubishi Galant, and what engine / transmission it has.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by akanxpress: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ fitnesswis
U should know that there is a cabal here that virtually spellbound unsuspecting public with having a toks car for a million or you perish mentality.
I visited a pastor friend last weekend, he gladly shows me a Nissan Prairie Wagon that somebody sold for N25,000 only. I wish I took photo so that you can see that the vehicle had absolutely no problem whatsoever.
I want to state boldly that second -hand market is all about coincidence/chances. Sometimes you may unbelievably lucky.
There are people that don't have millions - pls for God sake let them also drive cars too.
Those with 200k are in good position to buy a clean car - but be careful to do your homework.
Old cars are still good if well maintained, how can you explain seeing 1974 motocycles/cars still in top shape.
Better if you can try 1 or 2 other experienced mechanics to clear any doubt about the buy.
Mitsubishi is good - if you handle it well. note: It will conspicuously tell if you handle it roughly
Go ahead my dear: afterall life's opportunities does not come only through merit or qualification, blessings, favour and chances plays often a role too well.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 16, 2011
^^^ What you've posted above is possible, but not very realistic in Nigerian motoring culture. It's a known fact a lot of Nigerian users will only carry out repairs when the vehicle grinds to a halt.

No one is saying the OP shouldn't own a car. The point here is buying a vehicle that will gobble up meagre resources, and become a frustrating drain. Cars don't run on fresh air, and besides fuel, they need maintenance. If the OP (by his own admission) has other issues that need finances:

fitnesswis:

i don't think i can reach 300k as [b]i have many things eating and consuming money on daily basi[/b]s.

So realistically, where will the daily running costs come from? It's all well and good telling the OP what you feel he wants to hear, but you're not doing him any favours. Sure you can post pictures of the Nissan Prairie, but pictures don't point to mechanical / electrical issues. Nor do they indicate structural integrity. As you said, sometimes you can be lucky, but just taking a chance is a potential minefield, a bit like playing Russian Roulette.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by akanxpress: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2011
@ Siena
Pls kindly accept the reality that so much is going on in the local automative industry that is known formally. Those old cars can be maintained comfortably with local expertise. You will be amazed at the competence of our mechanics to repair these old technology cars. It may not fancy you folks over there, but this is the stark reality.
Majority of follks can neither afford Audi S8/ Lexus etc, nor can they maintain them here. Even Oil rich state Gov't like akwa Ibom can hardly maintain BMW 2003 edition and therefore ground them after 1-2 years.
I don't still see the reason why you are yet to come to terms that majority of car owners don't measure up to latest western auto standard.
Alternatively, how do you think a typical village driver or school teacher acquire car and maintain cars?
I laugh when you talk about electrical/mechanical faults: some roadside panel beaters can even cut out and replace chassis of accident cars. You wouldn't know this competence until you have such problem and your mechanic tells you. We have reliable local repair alternatives.
The truth is that this car buyers like this poster can buy that N200,000 car and comfortably maintain it
Sorry, if this does not sound good news for car exporters but this forum is a knowledge sharing platform - I believe you appreciate it from this angle.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 17, 2011
Akan, you're reading, but not comprehending. You're mistaking me for a car dealer - I've never advertised, or sold a car on Nairaland, or in Nigeria, so my opinions are nothing to do with "spoiling my market."

And just so you know - older cars may be simple, but many Nigerian mechanics do struggle with diagnosis of faults. And that is the stark reality. So far, no one has asked the OP what year the Mitsubishi Galant he's been offered is, and what engine / transmission it has. A lot of Nigerian mechanics have issues with V6 or turbocharged engines - and yes, the Mitsi Galant does come with both as an option, depending on the year and model. So the OP buys a car for a decent price (on the surface). Then when something goes wrong, who will be there to assist him?

A good mechanic shouldn't have to create "alternatives" come repair time. Unless the correct parts are unavailable, the correct parts AND procedure should always be used. And I'm not talking about bodywork and chassis, I'm referring to items that affect the safety of any vehicle, namely brakes and suspension.

akanxpress:

The truth is that this car buyers like this poster can buy that N200,000 car and comfortably maintain it

And how does this work out? Lets say the transmission or engine suffer catastrophic failure, they can be repaired / replaced, but at what cost? If the cost exceeds the cost of the car, (and it's very possible it can) would you say it's financially viable?

The OP asked for opinions. If he was 100% sure of this car, he wouldn't be asking if it's worth NGN225,000. I still maintain any used car is only worth what a punter is willing to pay. No one knows what year this Mitsi is, or what engine / transmission it has!
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2011
Thanks everyone finally got mitshibushi carisma for 300k. 1997 model. very clean and nice from a lady lecturer who just needs money to pay remaining balance for her jeep.

is this a good card and also how do i make it to be clean, good and any advice pls.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2011
^^^ Glad you got sorted, Comrade. cool

What do you need to know, with regards to getting her in great shape?
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2011
Siena:

^^^ Glad you got sorted, Comrade. cool

What do you need to know, with regards to getting her in great shape?

Thanks for your response.

The car doesn't have the remote control. I love controlling a car with remote so can i get this?

Also how fast can I duplicate the key of my car as its only 1?

Also what security gadget can I use to safeguard this car from thieves as the East down here is really hot and i suffered so much to get the money for this car.

Any other maintainace procedure or advice is welcome.

These are all I need pls will appreciate your help.
Re: Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent by fitnesswis: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2011
ok.

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo 2001 Volkswagen Passat For Sale / Used Toyota Rav4 2002 At Low Price / REGISTERED KIA RIO FOR SALE-N400K or nearest offer :-)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.