Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Anambra State To Immortalise Christy Essien-igbokwe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Anambra State To Immortalise Christy Essien-igbokwe (600 Views)

Annie Idibia And Grace Essien, Her Mother Cover Impelling Africa Magazine / See What A Die Hard Fan Of Davido Did To His Body To Immortalise The Singer (pho / Chirsty essien Igbokwe Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State To Immortalise Christy Essien-igbokwe by ak47mann(m): 11:45pm On Sep 08, 2011
The Anambra State House of Assembly has passed a resolution to immortalise the Lady of songs Christy Essien-Igbokwe for her contributions to the music and motion picture industry.
Kenechukwu Chukwuemeka representing Awka South 1 Constituency moved the motion on the floor of the house at its plenary on Tuesday in Awka. The motion was unanimously supported by other members.
“As a way to reward hard work and also immortalise her, I move that a street or road or alley be named after her in the state capital,” he said.
Seconding the motion, Hon.Tony oneweek Muonagor representing Idemili North Constituency recalled how the late Essien-Igbokwe thrilled Nigerians when she acted the role of Akpena in the television series, ‘The Masquerade.'

TALKOFNAIJA

Re: Anambra State To Immortalise Christy Essien-igbokwe by williams75: 12:45am On Sep 09, 2011
pls my good people of Anambra state help me ask our dear governor what he is doing about upper iweka fly over and all the roads around onitsha.our lawmakers should also do something more meaningful than sitting there doing nothing .you people should remember that onitsha is the gateway to other states and it most be taking good care of, what I saw in onitsha is an eye sour and a very big disgrace to the state tagged THE LIGHT OF THE NATION and the richest commercial city in the country.Pls mr peter obi help us for us to help your government, thanks and God bless my great state.As for the lady of song naming a street after her is very very good so I support what soever they want to do in her rememberance.Goodnyt the lady of song.

(1) (Reply)

The Beat Fm Release Official Statement On Assault Incident / Spartacus (andy Whitfield) Is Dead / Dora The Explorer Comes To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.