Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! (1889 Views)

Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo / Amaechi And Wife Loved Up After His Ministerial Screening(photos) / Who Would You Have Loved To be the person to Rule NIGERIA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by babasin(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2007
A statue of ex-South African President Nelson Mandela is due to be unveiled in Parliament Square in London.

OBJ would have loved this grand-styling but he has reduce himself to ridicule; this is something not all money in the world can buy him.

grin cheesy grin

Lesson for all those who seek power for money and selfish ends. You will be condemned to rubbish-bin of history.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6967927.stm
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by Mariory(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2007
And yet his (OBJ) name is still mentioned everyday because people like you and the Sun newspaper can not get past the fact that he is no longer president.
His term in government must have traumatized you so bad. You should seek counseling.
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by queenbee2(f): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2007
Mariory:

And yet his (OBJ) name is still mentioned everyday because people like you and the Sun newspaper can not get past the fact that he is no longer president.
His term in government must have traumatized you so bad. You should seek counseling.

grin Babasin, u've jus been broght down a peg or two,n i think am lovin d way it is done! grin
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by funloving(m): 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2007
Mariory:

Seems this Mariory guy is always so bitter anytime Obasanjo is castigated.
Na your papa im be ? cheesy

I guess the reason why most of us and Sun Newspapers can't get it past 'our heads that Obasajo is no longer president' and alot of people still love to ridicule him, was because he thouroughly traumatised the people of this nation. He was definetely a wicked and arrogant leader, irresepective of a few good things he did. The bad simply outweigh the good and history won't forgive him.
For as long as this generation lives, we will tell the evil deeds of Obasanjo to the next generation sad
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by Mariory(m): 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2007
funloving:

I guess the reason why most of us and Sun Newspapers can't get it past 'our heads that Obasajo is no longer president'

No, not 'most of us'. The actual statement should be 'a few of us'. No he is not my father and not related to me in any way either by blood or otherwise.
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by presido1: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2007
Mariory:

No, not 'most of us'. The actual statement should be 'a few of us'. No he is not my father and not related to me in any way either by blood or otherwise.
Then call a spade a spade as you follow d suffer all his did.
babasin:

OBJ would have loved this grand-styling but he has reduce himself to ridicule; this is something not all money in the world can buy him.
How you wan put chimpanze where Ab Lincon and W churchill is, go for Kilburn Zoo his is dia lyf not his statue.
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by babasin(m): 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2007
I knew it, OBJ never gives up, always wanted to be in the news.

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo’s quest to remain relevant after quitting Aso Rock has propelled him to seek recognition for his controversial N8.5 billion Presidential Library in Abeokuta as one of the World Heritage Sites of the United Nations Educational, Scientific And Cultural Organisation (UNESCO).

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/report/detail/?id=394

Great men never begs for recognition; they earn it

grin cheesy grin
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2007
Mariory:

The whole nation requires counseling and rehabilitation in order to recover from the trauma suffered under OBJ's half-literate and corrupt stewardship.

Lets hope Yar'adua possesses the wisdom and political-savvy required to clean-up Obasanjo's mess, cos if he doesn't, the Otta farmer is surely a candidate for Kirikiri.
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by Mariory(m): 10:32am On Sep 03, 2007
*yawn*
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by ono(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2007
I think OBJ cannot measure up to what Mandela went through to have his name written in gold. He just does not posses what it takes to get there. To get there, stealing the nation's treasury for selfish inordinate gains - including arm twisting people to build a library for him, is unheard of. Mandela never stole from the treasury of the RSA.

It takes selfless service to your fatherland first, then humanity in general. OBJ failed woefully in that regard. I expected that he'll be content with rearing sheep and goats, plus keeping quiet and living a ''low profile'' life at Otta, given the kind of disgrace and shame he brough to the average Nigerian and African throughout his twelve years sojourn in the seat of power of the most populous black nation on earth!
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by babasin(m): 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2007
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said it is still early for Nigerians to give an objective assessment of his eight years in the Presidency.

now OBJ trying to compare himself with Churchil,

He compared the recent assessment of his government since May 29 to the fate of a former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Sir Winston Churchill.

this is man is in denial. what a shame?

what he forget in 'Aso Rock', he has finally recieved: abyss of irrelevance

cheesy grin cheesy
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200709032393176
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by cgift(m): 9:45am On Sep 04, 2007
babasin:

now OBJ trying to compare himself with Churchil,

this is man is in denial. what a shame?

what he forget in 'Aso Rock', he has finally recieved: abyss of irrelevance

cheesy grin cheesy
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200709032393176

babasin, if you were a catholic priest and OBJ comes for confession, i hope you will forgive him his sins grin
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by desgiezd(m): 11:39am On Sep 05, 2007
The Madiba, Nelson Mandela, had the opportunity to better the lives of his people and free them from the shackles of apartheid. He grabbed that opportunity with both hands, both legs, teeth and all. He had the opportunity to be president and he opted for just one term even when he could have easily sit tight like Robert Mugabe. Today, he commands a great deal of respect and he is celebrated world wide. He has written his name in gold.

OBJ also had a rare opportunity to lead Nigeria twice, and he messed the nation up and as he was doing this he was also rubbing both himself and whatever integrity he had in mud. Today he is the most hated ex-ruler. He tried to ammend the constitution and sit tight even when he had nothing to show for eight years as a leader. He forced some state governors to release billions of Naira to fund the third-term project. He encouraged and allowed his party to rig elections and that was the last straw that broke his camel's back in the eyes of the international community. A raw and uncouth personality. A president who rather chose to talk and behave like a village man that has never been to a city. He has written his name not even in wood but in dust.

Mariory:

Mariory, let it be made clear that Mandela left power many years ago and he is still being celebrated. Same for bad leaders, people will continue to discuss them and their bad deeds irrespective of how many years it is that they have left power. Is it not in this same nation that people still celebrate Murtala Muhammad and at the same time talk ill of Sanni Abacha?
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by babasin(m): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2007
@desigiezd

You said it all. Fully agreed.

I will continue to hammer on OBJ evil deeds so that yaradua and others waiting to come will know that evil men do lives after them!

grin cool grin
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by faketan(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2007
He may not be your father or related to you but you might have benefited immensely from his government. Either your father or mother was a minister or a contractor or a close relative or even a friend had held a position in his government. Hence you are have no choice but to support him. who knows where u are now.Probably he effected you being there.

i bet, not more than 15% of Nigerians can say what you have said. Except u are Andy Uba and the people like him.
Obasanjo is slowpoke. He had the opportunity to be a great man but he misused it because of greed.

The worst being his inability to let power go. Third term failed and yet he cannot read the writing on the wall. Mariory or what is your name. I do not blame the few like Dangotes and the rest that fed fat off the countries wealth. . . .Abeg make we hear word. OBJ is a saint. Saint my foot.
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by Bankole01(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2007
Recently at the commissioning of the renovated Mapo hall in Ibadan, the civilized Ibadan indegens snubbed Obasanjo. Even the Olubadan did not show up. There were however the forty thieves and the agberos. Arisekola Alao, Addibu, Alao-Akala(magbo), the attendant PDP riggers.
This proves that Obasanjo is the original 'Ali Baba' [i][/i]the biggest magician thief of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by Iman3(m): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2007
@Bankole

Go easy on OBJ.There were worse thieves than him
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by faketan(m): 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2007
It is more painful when you are disappointed by someone you have expectations from.

he raised everybody's hope.
The other thieves were there through the barrel of the gun. They were more like armed leaders(armed robbers). Anything goes with them and they do not make promises. They did what they liked.

Obasanjo is a total joke.
Re: Nelson Mandela Statue: OBJ Would Have Loved This! by babasin(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2007
Obasanjo is a total joke.

Yes, a mitigated disaster. This guy should be behind bars.

a barrel of oil was perpetualy at $70/barrel for half of OBJ's rule.

yet not a single road was done!

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo May Dump Jonathan / Is Babangida Bleaching? / Hausa arsonists set alight 30 Igbo Shops In Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.