Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb (397 Views)

Gunmen Attack Chris Uba’s Convoy, Kill Two Security Operatives / Gunmen Kill Two Security Men For Attending Soludo's Prayer On Monday / Gunmen Attack Security Operatives, Set Customs Van Ablaze In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by iwaeda: 11:34am On Feb 04, 2023
Gunmen have attacked some state security operatives on patrol on old Enugu-Onitsha road in Abagana community in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State and killed two of the operatives.

Narrating the incident, an eyewitness and resident of the community who did not disclose his identity said the gunmen suspected to be members of a cult group attacked the vigilante operatives at about 11:30p.m on Friday night at a checkpoint near AP Filling Station in the area.

By Clever Advertising
The eyewitness said he was returning from Awka, the state capital and reaching AP Filling station, he saw the vigilante operatives who while they were stopping him, were hitting sticks on his car.

“I called one of them and told him that this was not the right way to do things. I told him that if they mount a road block, police also mount road blocks but they don't hit people's cars with sticks. One of them said he was stopping me but I was not stopping but I told him I was stopping but that I wanted to buy fuel at AP Filling Station.

“So, I entered AP Filling Station and we were still there when we saw two cars passing. The vigilante members stopped them. The cars were filled with only young men.”

He said the vigilante operatives also started hitting the cars with sticks, and in the process, all the young men in the cars came out and fracas ensued, almost resulting in a terrible fight with the vigilante operatives.

“I was like, let me leave the place before something bad happens. However, the young men left, but not up to half an hour, they came back, because I was still at the filling station waiting to know if they would get money for me to do POS.

“It was not up to 30 minutes they left and they returned back and the next thing we heard was the sound of gunshots. We thought it was the vigilante members that were shooting. By the time we realised that the situation had gotten out of hand, everyone started running. We ran to the back of the filling station.

“I was peeping from where I was hiding and saw that they had killed one of the vigilante members called Dabere by the gutter side while the one they called Agu in the middle of the road was shot below the belt. Dabere died immediately there but Agu was still alive but was struggling to death while they were trying to get a vehicle to rush him to hospital.

“After I got home, I was still hearing gunshots everywhere on the Enugu-Onitsha-Abagana road. I heard a rumour that vigilante members killed a member of a rival cult group. So, vigilante members became their target.”

When contacted, the Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, confirmed the attack, adding that the gunmen also attacked a police station in the community with a petrol bomb, after killing the two vigilante operatives.

In a statement made available to SaharaReporters on Saturday morning, Ikenga said that on February 3, 2023 by 11:30 pm, police operatives attached to Abagana Police Station resisted gunmen's attack on the station and forestall the attackers from gaining entrance to the police facility.

The police spokesperson said that “The gunmen had earlier attacked Anambra State Vigilante Operatives on patrol, murdered two of their operatives, and on approaching Abagana Police Station, started shooting sporadically to gain entrance to the Police Station.

“The Police Operatives engaged the armed men in a gun duel, due to the superior fire of the police and in a bid for the gunmen to flee the scene, threw a petrol bomb into the station, which ignited the fire and affected the roof of an old building in the station. The fire service operatives responded swiftly and put off the fire.

“Meanwhile, patrols have been intensified in the area and within the state, further, development shall be communicated, please.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/02/04/breaking-gunmen-kill-two-security-operatives-set-ablaze-nigerian-police-station-anambra
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by triple996(m): 11:35am On Feb 04, 2023
honestly speaking, I don't think there will be any reasonable election in the east, if it holds it will be very abysmal grin

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by Malory: 11:36am On Feb 04, 2023
Buhari has destroyed Nigeria beyond redemption.
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by kettykin: 11:37am On Feb 04, 2023
See how vigilante caused this problem,be civil in your approach to work

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by Malory: 11:40am On Feb 04, 2023
triple996:
honestly speaking, I don't think there will be any reasonable election in the east, if it holds it will be very abysmal grin
Shatap. Na this kind news you de give you joy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by iwaeda: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2023
What is Obi saying to this, he should stop his campaign and attend to home front first. grin grin grin angry

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by AntiTerrorist: 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2023
Incompetent and corrupt policemen.
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by olgaa14: 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
Hope this things will end soon,we can't go on like this.
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by KingKO22: 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2023
The oloriburuku yeeeeeebow are probably on another threads blackmailing Tinubu their nightmare

They have lost hope in their Beeeerfraud republic bcs their former Messiah MNK has brought destruction to them instead of libration ND freedom

Many of them are already seeking asylum in SW and other peaceful Nigeria states bcs they have succeed in setting their cursed dot in a circle republic on fire

Ndi cursed Jews. Aka baby factory children

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by BATified2023: 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2023
iwaeda:
What is Obi saying to this, he should stop his campaign and attend to home front first. grin grin grin angry
he doesn’t care but when we talk about terrorist he will mention boko haram n iswap

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Security Operatives, Set Ablaze Nigerian Police Station In Anamb by KingKO22: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2023
iwaeda:

The fraud and fake Messiah knw his followers are IPOB so he can't dear to condemn the atrocities of his followers

Even IPOB president has clear full support for him bcs they knw he is their Grand patron

Pandora Liar Obituary

(1) (Reply)

Where Does Tinubu Stand Now? I Pity The Sick Old Man / BREAKING: Stears Poll Predicts Next President Is Peter Obi / FFK To Emefiele: You're Sent By Satan To Torment Nigeria, You'll Be Skin Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.