Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

My Maize Farm Journey - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Maize Farm Journey (22712 Views)

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. / My Maize Farm In Pictures / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by ObiaboAdoka(m): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2023
nerilove:
i will chat you bro
Okay
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Hatesin: 5:29am On Feb 16, 2023
Omo9ja147:
u have to sacrifice a night for that operation.... Once they here the bangs, those niggas will give u chance

They don't come at night ooo!
They come in broad daylight
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 6:51am On Feb 16, 2023
Hatesin:

They don't come at night ooo!
They come in broad daylight
u can still use it or go and get dogs
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 3:02pm On Feb 25, 2023
Soil test result is out.... In the result, soil pH is 5.5, meaning no need to lime... pH lower than 5 will lock nutrient from the maize which will result in poor yield.... The Nitrogen level is medium, phosphorus is low, which is expected because kogi state soil is naturally deficient in phosphorus... Potassium level is medium.

3 Likes

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Seun(m): 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2023
We are sorry for spamming your thread by featuring it prematurely when you hadn't even posted anything.

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 11:47am On Mar 16, 2023
Knapsack spray and post emergence herbicide ( guard force) in the Kitty... Stay tuned as I will take u all on good Agronomic practices in maize farming....

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2023
Clearing of shrubs prior to ploughing commenced

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 11:04pm On May 01, 2023
Planting commenced immediately after ploughing..2 seed per hole and 25cm spacing...20kg of seedco sc651 was planted

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 12:39pm On May 07, 2023
Sorry for not updating the post lately... I've been busy with farm work... Pre emergence herbicide application was done, we used 0.750 litres per hectare.

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 11:34am On May 12, 2023
Germination has started, but drought wan kill me...thank God I went for seedco.... It is drought tolerant.... Planting was done on 30th of April, rain fell on 2nd of May...till date, no rain.

Rain dey fall for una side
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Wodu89: 11:49am On May 12, 2023
Omo9ja147:
Germination has started, but drought wan kill me...thank God I went for seedco.... It is drought tolerant.... Planting was done on 30th of April, rain fell on 2nd of May...till date, no rain.

I was asking people how they cope with the scaricty of rains o
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by rainmoredays: 11:55am On May 12, 2023
Omo9ja147:

Even me, I recently planted plantain suckers and I have been praying for rain o
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Holuu(m): 3:03pm On May 12, 2023
Omo9ja147:

Same problem I'm facing with my farm here,i planted on 28th of April,only had rain twice.
The picture below is the situation of few of my plants

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Ajibade123(m): 3:41pm On May 12, 2023
Omo9ja147:
Soil testing ongoing, the Agronomist of indorama chemical limited Eleme ( Mr Mathew Omale) on this one. Stay tuned for the soil test result.
hello me and my team are gathering information for an agricultural app and we are gathering information from farmers and other potential users
do you mind I send an email??
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Wodu89: 3:45pm On May 12, 2023
Holuu:

Same problem I'm facing with my farm here,i planted on 28th of April,only had rain twice.
The picture below is the situation of few of my plants

Can this maize yield at all. I think it's best to kill and replant o !
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Holuu(m): 4:30pm On May 12, 2023
Wodu89:

Can this maize yield at all. I think it's best to kill and replant o !
You think so?
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Wodu89: 4:46pm On May 12, 2023
Holuu:

You think so?

It won't yield. It's already stuntet. That land is extremely low on nutrients. And you need heavy dose of soil nutrients
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2023
Ajibade123:

hello me and my team are gathering information for an agricultural app and we are gathering information from farmers and other potential users
do you mind I send an email??
mail me on umaruezekiel11@gmail.com
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Prosperity4All: 1:22am On May 14, 2023
Omo9ja147:
Soil test result is out.... In the result, soil pH is 5.5, meaning no need to lime... pH lower than 5 will lock nutrient from the maize which will result in poor yield.... The Nitrogen level is medium, phosphorus is low, which is expected because kogi state soil is naturally deficient in phosphorus... Potassium level is medium.
So the Eleme petrochemical soul lab can go to any part of Nigeria from Rivers to perform test?
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 6:21am On May 14, 2023
Prosperity4All:

So the Eleme petrochemical soul lab can go to any part of Nigeria from Rivers to perform test?
yes sir...they have Agronomist in every state in Nigeria
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Prosperity4All: 5:00pm On May 14, 2023
Omo9ja147:
yes sir...they have Agronomist in every state in Nigeria

Wow. This is new on me, for a company I have known for almost 20 years.
Thanks for sharing. Nice thread

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 11:09pm On May 16, 2023
Farming no easy wolai.. I've been busy... Many of my seedling removed by wild birds...so I am supplying...I will soon post a picture of my farm... Nothing good comes easy
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Omo9ja147(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2023
Rate the tiller of one of my maize stand.... 90 percent have this tiller...I have applied npk...this is just 20 days old

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Holuu(m): 10:19am On May 22, 2023
21 days,no fertilizer applied
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Seun(m): 2:07pm On May 22, 2023
Holuu:
21 days,no fertilizer applied
Maize responds very well to fertiliser and irrigation. It will take off as soon as you provide the two. Want to open your own thread?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Hatesin: 12:19pm On May 23, 2023
Seun:

Maize responds very well to fertiliser and irrigation. It will take off as soon as you provide the two. Want to open your own thread?

Please when is the right time to apply the fertilizer?

Again, what's the best fertilizer for maize? Thanks!
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by staga: 12:26am On May 24, 2023
Hatesin:

Please when is the right time to apply the fertilizer?

Again, what's the best fertilizer for maize? Thanks!

There is a technique I have been using. I do not use any herbicides.

I use a tractor to plough. After ploughing, I plant. Once the maize is 3-weeks post sprouting, I mix urea and mycorrhiza into my seed planter, and roll the planter beside the plants.

Mycorrhiza makes the maize develop a much more efficient root system for max utilization. It is a naturally occurring fungus, but is destroyed by herbicides.

The difference between my crop and those of other farmers is always amazing.
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Wodu89: 7:20am On May 24, 2023
staga:

I use a tractor to plough. After ploughing, I plant. Once the maize is 3-weeks post sprouting, I mix urea and mycorrhiza into my seed planter, and roll the planter beside the plants.

Mycorrhiza makes the maize develop a much more efficient root system for max utilization. It is a naturally occurring fungus, but is destroyed by herbicides.

How then do you manage weeds without the application of Herbicides?

At what stage do you apply herbicides?
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Jonnic1(m): 9:45am On May 26, 2023
Staga. Thanks for the post. How do we get Mycorrhiza?
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Tohsynetita1: 1:57pm On May 26, 2023
staga:

how do I get mycorrhiza please.
Re: My Maize Farm Journey by Tohsynetita1: 2:03pm On May 26, 2023
staga:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CATFISH Whatsapp Sales Portal / Resources For Organic Farms / (poultry Farming) How Egg Production Is Terrifically Profitable And Get The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.