Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,678 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday (30255 Views)

Naira Crumbles To 920/$, Fuel Marketers Push For Fresh Price Hike / Petrol Scarcity: NNPCL, Marketers Plan N148/litre Ex-depot Price / Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:34am On Feb 05, 2023
Oksoluk10:

Guy how you take run am and how much did you spend to get there?.

Treat with urgency.
FACE YOUR FEARS AND STOP RUNNING,UNITE WITH COMMON INTERESTS WITH ONE VOICE.STOP RELIGIOUS AND TRIBAL SENTIMENTS AND NIGERIA WILL BE BEST SOON. angry

1 Like

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by tishbite42: 8:34am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Which is over 800 naira.

Pence not pounds
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by storm001(m): 8:36am On Feb 05, 2023
You go charge them more for the fuel come ask them to sell am for less, unto say na only you get sense.

APC worst party to ever grace the presidency.

Collect there money on election day and Vote LP.

Peter Obi the answer.

1 Like

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by dangwarmai(m): 8:39am On Feb 05, 2023
Just arrange what you can eat from now to hand over date because he will not change any decisions already taken by the cabals even when that decision is already killing Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by ivandragon: 8:43am On Feb 05, 2023
Most inept government ever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by prigoz(m): 8:45am On Feb 05, 2023
olgaa14:
If you vote apc after this anarchy they brought on us then you should consider yourself an enemy of this country.
Not enemy of the country, but demon in human form

2 Likes

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Anonymoususher: 8:45am On Feb 05, 2023
Unionism is a big problem in Nigeria and until govt outlaws them we will continue to get ripped off.

I wonder what consumer protection council is doing.

This unions are so powerful and why did.govt allow them become this strong?

POS have union and in their meeting once they agree on a price, they enforce it and the whole country suffers

Bread manufacturers same, pure water same, barbers, hairdressers, fuel marketers all have goddamn unions which hold Nigerians hostage.

I think govt should start by outlawing them and revoke their license.

Also govt institutions are weak, things are not supposed to be left alone to private sectors. Govt should have more depots and manufacturing tools than these private sectors. Where there is no competition things like this excel

1 Like

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by dreu2fine(m): 8:55am On Feb 05, 2023
REDshouse:
Parting gift from Hon Minister of Petroleum and President of Federal Republic of Nigeria... Buhari
The youths are really lazy
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by zamirikpo(m): 8:55am On Feb 05, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
IPMAN is made up of greedy bastards. If they had their way fuel will be N2000 per litre even if they buy from the depot at N174 per litre.

Let them close, we will not die.

U forget that this same ipman have been selling fuel peacefully at the controlled price. Before this fiasco.......bros think b4 u talk. Something is terribly wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by onyxo76(m): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2023
adioolayi:
FGN battling multiple battles at the same time..
multiple battles they brought upon themselves

1 Like

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by prigoz(m): 9:01am On Feb 05, 2023
olgaa14:
If you vote apc after this anarchy they brought on us then you should consider yourself an enemy of this country.
Not only enemy of the country, but demon in human form without brain

2 Likes

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 05, 2023
gozmok1:

So after Supporting buhari and apc for the past 8years what has changed....
you think we are brainless ba...

we go teach APC bitter lesson

Do your thing bro. Perhaps you'll learn lessons from how events unfold but I doubt it.

2 Likes

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Horlamidei(m): 9:25am On Feb 05, 2023
Oksoluk10:

Guy how you take run am and how much did you spend to get there?.

Treat with urgency.

*Nairaland travel forum It was very helpful and I learnt a lot and followed many of there steps

* YouTube videos on step to step for Uk student visa

* Join the school who offered you admission group on telegram: it was very helpful

Cheers
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:32am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobonaire4:
Not surprised...the subsidy cannot cover the losses being sustained in selling fuel that was brought in above N500 per liter.
So in short

1.NNPC depots no longer have fuel...simply because NNPC cannot sustain subsidising fuel below its production cost.

2. The independent marketers who own depots...are buying at a higher price than the N172 EX-Depot price...because NNPC cannot sustain subsidy price without losing too much money.

3.Independent marketers cannot sustain selling fuel at a loss..because they are buying fuel from independent depots above N200 if not more.

4.At the end scarcity results.

Therein lies the issue...subsidy cannot cover the difference between the cost price and the market price....which is why we are here.

Either government finds more money....or removes subsidy and ends the whole nonsense.

I love your analysis. But, at #350 per litre, as its sold in some stations here in Lagos, shouldn't government just use the opportunity to remove the subsidy stuff "kpatakpata ni", rather than taking it back and then few months later, another scarcity?

It's better to remove an aching tooth once, then suppressing the pains with pain killer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by justparamount(m): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/N195-enforcement-Fuel-marketers-plan-shutdown-Monday

These marketers are the real saboteurs. They are very greedy. 33k liters from depot was 4,889,771.25 while 45k liters was 6,667,811.25
That means selling at 195 will still give them profit even after transportation cost. These people just want to be making excessive profit per draft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by OsunOriginal: 9:41am On Feb 05, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/N195-enforcement-Fuel-marketers-plan-shutdown-Monday

Any filling station that has fuel and not selling at the said price should be set pulled down.
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Mandate2023: 9:41am On Feb 05, 2023
JASONjnr:
There was a little protest demonstration in Edo and Delta states recently and as the suffering is touching people, the protest will increase to other states...

The president is the petroleum minister and he's completely unaware of the scarcity and increment of the PMS pump price.

Why should we be suffering in this country when we're blessed with natural resources?

We even have the most wanted resources in the world, Lithium and we are still suffering?

And some people want to vote another calamity and put over 200milion people into another 8yrs of complete Bu La Bla.

U can write nonsense for all u care....I believe u know deep down that tinubu will never be a calamity if he becomes president......hate has eaten ur brain dead
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by starstaz(m): 9:41am On Feb 05, 2023
The Minister of petrol is solely responsible for this shit. Make he continue to mess us up and disgrace us .

1 Like

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by JASONjnr(m): 9:44am On Feb 05, 2023
Mandate2023:

U can write nonsense for all u care....I believe u know deep down that tinubu will never be a calamity if he becomes president......hate has eaten ur brain dead

You can see things for yourself, yet you blind your eyes and want everyone who sees the true him as a disaster to bring him into power so we can suffer for another 8yrs...

2 Likes

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Bigchristo: 9:47am On Feb 05, 2023
Dsalvo:

Abeg you people should shut up about this APC idiocy. Only Nigerians I know will see A to consistently claim it is B because they are as dishonest and deceitful as the leaders they love indicting of misrule.

What exactly is "APC" about Buhari and a crew, now labeled Aso rock cabal, hijacking power, ostracising others and refusing to consult or carry the wider APC along before they do things?

What is shown below is still APC ba with the APC-led FG, at a very volatile time for Nigeria, hosting a confrontational, incendiary and unhelpful stance in contrast to Tinubu's sensible suggestion ?

In civilized countries, with sophisticated voters, they call that a rogue and compromised government and not a ruling Party.

you still Dey sleep when you wake up from this slumber I pray you meet Nigeria 🇳🇬 intact otherwise we are heading to trenches n that will break us as a nation
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by toneroforever(m): 9:51am On Feb 05, 2023
Dsalvo:

When I read this sort of post I know I am viewing the utterance of a self-destructive person.

With all that is being revealed every Nigerian still decent at heart, and capable of critical thinking, know only Tinubu has the capacity to battle and defeat the entrenched forces determined to keep issues business-as-usual for their private benefit and continous detriment of ordinary Nigerians.

Atiku is simply more-of-the-same and the coward Obi is minus one. This is not his level. While Obi and Atiku hid, Tinubu boldly called out Buhari and the cabal in Aso Rock to put them on notice that Nigeria is bigger than them.

Tinubu is also telling them uncompromisingly that no one made them God over Nigeria's direction or vested in them the power to determine who becomes or does not become President of Nigeria.

You guys should shun bigotry and see what is staring you korokoro in your face. It is not just to shout that your candidate must win.

It is mainly about recognizing, from verified history, what your candidate has the character, talent and capacity to do in office.

Is it not the height of stupidity for Tinubu to sell himself as the solution to a problem he intentionally created? He knew Buhari's antecedents but called him a reformed Democrat & helped to power in 2015 as well as spearhead his next level re-election bid.
So BAT criticizing Buhari now to appear like he cares about the masses is just self deceit. We know who to trust. APC has been rejected. Tinubu can spend all his money, people will collect and still vote their preferred candidate simple.
His fight with Buhari & cabal is non of our business.
Whatever harsh policies Buhari introduced will definitely work against Tinubu. No amount of propaganda can change that.
Coupled with Tinubu's mental health status, his pipe emilokan dream is DOA.

1 Like

Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Sleekfingers: 10:02am On Feb 05, 2023
Me una kuku kill us......
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 05, 2023
tishbite42:

Pence not pounds

LOL...143 pence is 1 pound 43 pence.

I'll even make it easier for you...price of petrol in the UK is basically....840 naira per liter.

That's why as you spend more time in the UK, you will use public transport more than your car. Your car will be parked for weeks. Or if the shops are close enough...you walk there.
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 05, 2023
Gr8amechi:

You even got everything wrong.
NNPCL is the sole importer, now they import but refuse to keep their depot running to store petrol, then sell these imported petrol to private people who have deport, now these private poepke who have depot are the ones to see to the private retail marketers just imagine how insane our government can be.

Why not NNPCL selling directly to the private retail marketers ?

You miss the part where NNPC brings in fuel above N500 and sells it at N172 via depot price.

Chew on that. That's where the whole problem starts.
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 05, 2023
dangwarmai:

The end result is another fuel scarcity since the independent marketers will stop selling to avoid any embarrassment from the enforcers.
And usually it's the fuel that determine price of commodities in the market.
NAIRA SCARCITY + FUEL SCARCITY + INSECURITY = NO 2023 ELECTION.
Where are the soldiers who are true loyal to the nation? YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Elections will still hold.
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by tishbite42: 10:09am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobonaire4:

LOL...143 pence is 1 pound 43 pence.
Ok, was mistaking the pence for shillings
My bad
1 pound 43 pence should be 1 naira 43 Kobo
G
Hope I'm not wrong
Imagine buying fuel for 300 pounds
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 05, 2023
tishbite42:

Ok, was mistaking the pence for shillings
My bad
1 pound 43 pence should be 1 naira 43 Kobo
G
Hope I'm not wrong
Imagine buying fuel for 300 pounds

No, the cost of fuel in the UK...is 1.57 pounds...or N871 in our currency...per liter.

Many people in the UK can go on and on without buying cars...just use public transport...or walk.
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Emmy909: 10:16am On Feb 05, 2023
Greedy ass marketer.... the change begins with us, everyone just wants to inflate hardship and price on masses
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 05, 2023
Anonymoususher:
Unionism is a big problem in Nigeria and until govt outlaws them we will continue to get ripped off.

I wonder what consumer protection council is doing.

This unions are so powerful and why did.govt allow them become this strong?

POS have union and in their meeting once they agree on a price, they enforce it and the whole country suffers

Bread manufacturers same, pure water same, barbers, hairdressers, fuel marketers all have goddamn unions which hold Nigerians hostage.

I think govt should start by outlawing them and revoke their license.

Also govt institutions are weak, things are not supposed to be left alone to private sectors. Govt should have more depots and manufacturing tools than these private sectors. Where there is no competition things like this excel

1.Without a union, government by now would have been paying you N2000 minimum wage, and you would have been obliged to take it. Our universities would have been in an even worse state, and government hospitals won't even function.

2.At the end, government manufacturing fails, because government sells products at cheap prices from its manufacturing plants...which is a big reason why we lost 4 refineries.

Manufacturing needs profits...to repair, replace, upgrade equipment, and even to pay for new innovations. Nigerian government run companies...always end up selling things cheap...which is why they fail. (See Mtel vs MTN and Airtel and glo....Mtel sold at a cheap price, and as a result could not make as much money as MTN, GLO, and Airtel...which led to them collapsing into the small ISP they are today...from what was once the biggest mobile phone network in Nigeria, and the first one self)>

3.POS guys are obliged to operate like that because they cannot get new notes easily, and in fact most of them are off line right now. (I tried to get N5000 recently urgently. Out of 5 POS people, 4 had no cash, 1 had cash, in old notes, and refused to give me N10000 I originally asked for...because she did not have it...even though that would have made her more money).
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 05, 2023
Buddha3:

It is mostly on Nairaland you'll see a Nigerian exhibit bare-faced ignorance such as this, with a very troubling measure of confidence.

Not ignorance...fuel has to be cheap for most Nigerians to survive, despite the economic cost.

If we remove subsidy (and I think we should), prices of food items would shoot up, and not only food items. Businesses and small scale industries relying on petrol generators would see costs go up, and they would pass those costs on in the form of high prices.

That is why Nigerians oppose fuel subsidy removal....even when the explanation of why it should be removed makes sense.
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Not ignorance...fuel has to be cheap for most Nigerians to survive, despite the economic cost.

If we remove subsidy (and I think we should), prices of food items would shoot up, and not only food items. Businesses and small scale industries relying on petrol generators would see costs go up, and they would pass those costs on in the form of high prices.

That is why Nigerians oppose fuel subsidy removal....even when the explanation of why it should be removed makes sense.

So, what are you implying, in essence?

Let me know your exact stance before I know how best to reply you. Cause that first comment I quoted really reeked of extreme ignorance.
Re: N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 05, 2023
Buddha3:

So, what are you implying, in essence?

Let me know your exact stance before I know how best to reply you. Cause that first comment I quoted really reeked of extreme ignorance.

That the fear of high prices prevents people from supporting sensible economic polices like subsidy removal essentially.

Perosnally, I back subsidy removal. I can see the marketers are operating at a loss, as the article puts it. High prices, on the other hand, scare a lot of people from backing it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Is Very Difficult To Determine Who Is A Minor By Appearance - Kano CP / "How We Removed Jonathan" - Tinubu Writing A Book / Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.