Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? (2013 Views)

Dino Melaye: Peter Obi’s “Obidient” Movement Mere Euphoria, Can’t Win Election / Local Government Elections: Lagos Announce Restriction Of Movement On Saturday / Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by AlaafinOfOyo: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2023
Are they seeing what others do not see or is the movement a continuation of Edo No Be Lagos?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by thesicilian: 9:55am On Feb 05, 2023
AlaafinOfOyo:
Are they seeing what others do not see or is the movement a continuation of Edo No Be Lagos?

Leave them. By the time Obi wins and the Igbos start reminding them that Edo is not Igbo their eyes will clear. Even the Igbos from one state hate those from other states, not to talk of another tribe entirely

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Smithkafors(m): 9:58am On Feb 05, 2023
So you want them to carry a dead corrupt man like gala?…..Mumu people

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by AlaafinOfOyo: 10:00am On Feb 05, 2023
Smithkafors:
So you want them to carry a dead corrupt man like gala?…..Mumu people

No, the people I expected to carry him on their heads are the Igbo first and the middlebelt who have been at the mercy of Fulani jihadists. Not Edo that faces no serious threat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by MrColdsweat: 10:03am On Feb 05, 2023
thesicilian:

Leave them. By the time Obi wins and the Igbos start reminding them that Edo is not Igbo their eyes will clear. Even the Igbos from one state hate those from other states, not to talk of another tribe entirely
Typical yarrusbastard.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Scream(m): 10:05am On Feb 05, 2023
Because Edo State learnt their lessons when they voted Igbonedion and Oshiomole. They have experienced bad government enough, now they do not want evil people close to leadership in the country

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 05, 2023
AlaafinOfOyo:

Labor party is home to Edo state. Edo see it as a rescue party

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by etonslogistics: 10:20am On Feb 05, 2023
LET ME ANSWER THIS 1:
"IT IS NOT A TRIBE THING, BUT A MOVMENT FOR ALL NIGERIANS"

TO SAVE NIGERIA!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Brendaniel: 10:37am On Feb 05, 2023
thesicilian:

Then you don't know Igbos, Igbos embrace the other tribes in the south more than the Yorubas, that is why Yoruba's can't really draw the line when they see other tribes in a business environment where there are Igbos.

And you don't see an Igbo man insulting other southern tribes when having a disagreement with them like some Yorubas do.

The truth is Igbos are more united with other tribes in the south than the Yorubas, this is not to insult Yorubas though, just stating the obvious...

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by thesicilian: 10:47am On Feb 05, 2023
Brendaniel:

Then you don't know Igbos, Igbos embrace the other tribes in the south more than the Yorubas, that is why Yoruba's can't really draw the line when they see other tribes in a business environment where there are Igbos.
The business environment is a different and often level playing field. There's usually no tribal discrimination when it comes to money making. That's why even in the heat of the Fulani rampage we still bought cows from them.

And you don't see an an Igbo man insulting other southern tribes when having a disagreement with them like some Yorubas do.
So all these urchins and other unprintable names you call Tinubu supporters are what? Pet names?

The truth is Igbos are more united with other tribes in the south than the Yorubas, this is not to insult Yorubas though, just stating the obvious...
True, but probably because you see them as minor in terms of population so of no serious threat. It's a well known psychological fact that people tend to bond more with people they feel they are greater than than people who could become threats to them later on. That's why you people keep dragging them into Biafra and the smart ones among them keep pulling themselves out of the union
Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by bewla(m): 10:53am On Feb 05, 2023
This are all endz pikin

Them no like us we no like me them
Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Brendaniel: 10:57am On Feb 05, 2023
thesicilian:

The business environment is a different and often level playing field. There's usually no tribal discrimination when it comes to money making. That's why even in the heat of the Fulani rampage we still bought cows from them.

So all these urchins and other unprintable names you call Tinubu supporters are what? Pet names?

True, but probably because you see them as minor in terms of population so of no serious threat. It's a well known psychological fact that people tend to bond more with people they feel they are greater than than people who could become threats to them later on. That's why you people keep dragging them into Biafra and the smart ones among them keep pulling themselves out of the union

I wouldn't argue with you because at the end the results will speak, let the Yorubas keep doing what they are doing with other southern tribes and let the Igbos keep doing what they are doing with other southern tribes and let's keep seeing the result.

Arguing here to win will not change the result.

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by MrColdsweat: 11:00am On Feb 05, 2023
thesicilian:

You hate Nigeria to the point of wanting a sick, old, unrepentant drug-dealing criminal to be president of Nigeria after voting this present administration out of hate for igbo man.

Yarrubastards are the most hateful people in Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by thesicilian: 11:02am On Feb 05, 2023
MrColdsweat:

You hate Nigeria to the point of wanting a sick, old, unrepentant drug-dealing criminal to be president of Nigeria after voting this present administration out of hate for igbo man.

Yarrubastards are the most hateful people in Nigeria.
I don't hate Nigeria. I don't hate Igbos. I don't hate obidients. But I strongly despise people who insult those that don't share the same beliefs with them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by MrColdsweat: 11:09am On Feb 05, 2023
thesicilian:

I don't hate Nigeria. I don't hate Igbos. I don't hate obidients. But I strongly despise people who insult those that don't share the same beliefs with them
Carry your useless explanation comot for my mention. Yarrubastard.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Abelai: 11:19am On Feb 05, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Typical yarrusbastard.

Don't do this, brother. Insulting a race because of an argument with one of such race is not acceptable! I am a Yoruba person, and ardent supporter of Peter Obi. There are lots of Yorubas that I know who will vote for him. So, please, don't insult the Yorubas or any other tribe. I will also appeal to the Yorubas not to insult any tribe. We can make our opinions known without calling out tribes.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Iamgrey5(m): 11:28am On Feb 05, 2023
Abelai:

Don't do this, brother. Insulting a race because of an argument with one of such race is not acceptable! I am a Yoruba person, and ardent supporter of Peter Obi. There are lots of Yorubas that I know who will vote for him. So, please, don't insult the Yorubas or any other tribe. I will also appeal to the Yorubas not to insult any tribe. We can make our opinions known without calling out tribes.
That's the general opinion of Obi supporters of Yorubas.

Urchins, Agbado etc.

They just stylishly use it to represent Afonja etc.

Wake up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by fineboynl(m): 11:45am On Feb 05, 2023
Because edo is one of the most civilized and wise town in Nigeria. Also the state that has tested bad leadership.

Supporting peter obi is not because of tribe. But they believe he is the best among the contenders. If osinbanjo was on the race in replacement of tinubu edo would have been divided. But currently they believe power must come to south and Tinubu is not an option.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Mfetenang: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2023
Continue smoking Mkpulumili grin
Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by pedrilo: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2023
We hate oppression here.
If the igbos misbehave tomorrow, we will champion their silencing

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Iretii0511(m): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2023
Iamgrey5:
That's the general opinion of Obi supporters of Yorubas.

Urchins, Agbado etc.

They just stylishly use it to represent Afonja etc.

Wake up!

Why are you lying? Is it because you are a tribalist and hence expect everyone to be the same with you?

There are lots of uncultured tribalist from both Yoruba and Igbo on this platform and that guy is one of your kinds who have littered this once upon a time beautiful forum with different tribal slurs in a bid to form superiority.

I dare say most people supporting Tinubu in the west are doing so because he’s Yoruba. Else, he’s clearly not the same person he used to be due to age and ill-health. The same way a lot of Yorubas are supporting Obi now, there are lots of Igbo that will support a candidate like Osibanjo, Adesina, Fashola or any other Yorubas and there are Igbos that will also simply speak ill of them simply because they are Yoruba. It’s normal. There are people of all kinds in every tribe.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Lipscomb(m): 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2023
Continue fooling yourself. I'm from Edo and if you see anyone carrying your so called peter pandora on head in Edo you should know that it's his brothers selling petty things in upper sakponba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Urchinpainer: 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2023
thesicilian:

Keep your Almajiri opinion to yourself! Igbos this Igbos that. Have you seen an Edo complain about Igbo before? It's always Almajiris and Yoruba Muslimz.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by M4A1carbine: 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
Agbado dey claim...no shaking zombie , you are even from umuahia!! grin grin grin grin grin

Lipscomb:
Continue fooling yourself. I'm from Edo and if you see anyone carrying your so called peter pandora on head in Edo you should know that it's his brothers selling petty things in upper sakponba.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by MrColdsweat: 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2023
Abelai:

When oba of lagos threatened to drown igbos, did you caution him? When your people call igbos names, you never caution them. When we respond you accuse us of being disrespectful.

Learn to call your brothers out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Iamgrey5(m): 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2023
Iretii0511:

Why are you lying? Is it because you are a tribalist and hence expect everyone to be the same with you?

There are lots of uncultured tribalist from both Yoruba and Igbo on this platform and that guy is one of your kinds who have littered this once upon a time beautiful forum with different tribal slurs in a bid to form superiority.

I dare say most people supporting Tinubu in the west are doing so because he’s Yoruba. Else, he’s clearly not the same person he used to be due to age and ill-health. The same way a lot of Yorubas are supporting Obi now, there are lots of Igbo that will support a candidate like Osibanjo, Adesina, Fashola or any other Yorubas and there are Igbos that will also simply speak ill of them simply because they are Yoruba. It’s normal. There are people of all kinds in every tribe.
Ok sir

Igbos like the "mere commissioner", Agent Fash/Minister of Darkness and the man they jubilating here on Nairaland when he was been investigated.

Such love from Igbos

There's no Yoruba leader alive that is not in a servitude arrangement with igbo that you guys praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by thesicilian: 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Carry your useless explanation comot for my mention. Yarrubastard.
Urchinpainer:

Keep your Almajiri opinion to yourself! Igbos this Igbos that. Have you seen an Edo complain about Igbo before? It's always Almajiris and Yoruba Muslimz.
Yet another dumb assumption. Since I don't support Igbos then I must be a Yoruba or northerner. I can truly understand why you have mad men as advisers. Y'all are a sorry lot.
We'll continue the conversation when Obi cries to the election tribunal by month end.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Xchii: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
Abelai:

You're not Yoruba you dumb treacherous bas tard.. a cursed Osu ibo insulted Yorubas and you're begging?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Abelai: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2023
Xchii:
You're not Yoruba you dumb treacherous bas tard.. a cursed Osu ibo insulted Yorubas and you're begging?

If the likes of Falz, Mr. 'Macaroni', and others were not well known, you would have forcefully changed their identity to 'IGBOS' in a bid to make the world believe that no Yoruba will vote Peter Obi. Check the posts of Falz and Mr. Macaroni, and come back here to make this statement again.
I know people like you; first is the denial, and when you cannot forcefully change the person's identity, you resorted to name calling and blackmailing. I can recall when you guys tagged Mr. Macaroni a failed Skitter', and Omo ale because he categorically rejected a senile, and brain dead packaging stuff you guys are branding up and down.

Now, you guys are calling Falz, 'Omo Baba Oniro' on social media just today because he said he will not vote for Tinubu. If Falz was not well known, you would have spinned his identity.

Shee won fi she yin ni? Omi iya ko su yin ni?(Suffer head no dey taya una?)

Look, I,ve got nothing to prove that I be Yoruba gan gan because even if I do, you would still, in your bitterness, still shift the goal post to blackmailing and name calling. So, O le lo kos i gota, shee o gbo!

And you are calling fellow Nigerian ' a cursed Osu'? How are you different?

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by VERDA: 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2023
thesicilian:

You are not being sincere, have you seen insults heeped on anyone supporting Obi.?, Its so funny that once you support Obi, they call you igbo or IPOB. Some of us that are not igbo's just wonder how silly peope like that can be.

But for some reason you have chosen to ignore these.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by Xchii: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
Abelai:

If the likes of Falz, Mr. 'Macaroni', and others that were not well known, you would have forcefully changed their identity to 'IGBOS' in a bid to make the world believe that no Yoruba will vote Peter Obi. Check the posts of Falz and Mr. Macaroni, and come back here to make this statement again.
I know people like you; first is the denial, and when you cannot forcefully change the person's identity, you resorted to name calling and blackmailing. I can recall when you guys tagged Mr. Macaroni a failed Skitter', and Omo ale because he categorically rejected a senile, and brain dead packaging stuff you guys are branding up and down.

Now, you guys are calling Falz, 'Omo Baba Oniro' on social media just today because he said he will not vote for Tinubu. If Falz was not well known, you would have spinned his identity.

Shee won fi she yin ni? Omi iya ko su yin ni?(Suffer head no dey taya una?)

Look, I,ve got nothing to prove that I be Yoruba gan gan because even if I do, you would still, in your bitterness, still shift the goal post to blackmailing and name calling. So, O le lo kos i gota, shee o gbo!

And you are calling fellow Nigerian ' a cursed Osu'? How are you different?
Osu just because you grew up in my region and can speak my language does not mean you're part of us. No matter how you deny your ibo heritage you'll never be us, let that sink deep into your akpu-filled Igbo. I don't care about your useless elections but keep Yorubas out of your faecal oha eating mouth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Edo Carrying The Obidient Movement On Their Heads More Than Igbos? by kettykin: 4:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
This is their nature, an Edo man first moved the motion for independence. Benin empire first existed before any other empire and was one of the most advanced empire of the since civilization.

If only Edo people knew what they had and their rich heritage and history

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikeja Electric won use light kill us - Over 48hrs uninterrupted power supply / Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? / Ex-Delta State Governor, James Ibori Shares Major Throwback Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.