Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,970 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. (907 Views)

How do I access jQuery and bootstrap on local host? (solved) / Built A To-do-list Web App With Django And Bootstrap. / How To Create A Responsive Login Form Using Html, Css And Bootstrap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2023
Thank you tailwind. Too love that framework. Everything just dey easy like what the Bleep!!!!!. What I love most about is the responsive design. Using md sm and lg. Na God go punish CSS for making my life difficult. PHP(code igniter) with tailwind can do wonders. Still planning to learn more programming language grin grin grin grin grin. Fear Tailwindooo because you will fall in love with it the moment you start using it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by logicalhumour: 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
Don't care 😂

I use UNADULTERATED (pure) HTML, minimal self-written CSS, and Vanilla Javascript to build lightweight, and modern websites. And I can achieve literally anything with those!

I've been in the game for a long time and it saddens me how young people can no longer build a working website that isn't like 7 to 10mb per page. Lol.

Take the minimal pill.

7 Likes

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by Iambro(m): 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2023
you're just being lazy that's all

1 Like

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by SUPREMOTM: 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2023
Borntosmoke:
Thank you tailwind. Too love that framework. Everything just dey easy like what the Bleep!!!!!. What I love most about is the responsive design. Using md sm and lg. Na God go punish CSS for making my life difficult. PHP(code igniter) with tailwind can do wonders.

You need to calm down. CSS didn't make your life difficult, you just aren't giving yourself enough time to learn; it's always difficult before it's easy.

Ultimately, your productivity with the framework will still be limited by the depth of your knowledge of pure CSS.

While you make use of the framework, keep learning your CSS on the side.

4 Likes

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by Deicide: 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2023
I have even forgotten how to write plain CSS grin

2 Likes

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2023
logicalhumour:
Don't care 😂

I use UNADULTERATED (pure) HTML, minimal self-written CSS, and Vanilla Javascript to build lightweight, and modern websites. And I can achieve literally anything with those!

I've been in the game for a long time and it saddens me how young people can no longer build a working website that isn't like 7 to 10mb per page. Lol.

Take the minimal pill.

Hope you know tailwind is just like CSS. It even boost your CSS skills. Everything that works on tailwind can be implement on pure CSS. If you know grid and Flexbox wella grin grin. Apart from that client no get time to dey watch the size of your website or your code. Just deliver the job simple.!! The beautiful about tailwind is that it expose me to some concept which I would not have learn in css.

2 Likes

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by Deicide: 11:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
SUPREMOTM:
You need to calm down. CSS didn't make your life difficult, you just aren't giving yourself enough time to learn; it's always difficult before it's easy.

Ultimately, your productivity with the framework will still be limited by the depth of your knowledge of pure CSS.

I didn't see anywhere he said he doesn't know css

1 Like

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
Deicide:
I have even forgotten how to write plain CSS grin

The framework is the answer to every frustration you see on css
Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by niel63(m): 2:09am On Feb 06, 2023
I just switched to sass NOT scss oo!

And honestly, it's just too sweet I swear. I used to be a framework fanatics because of the ease it adds to your work. But plain ol css... sass makes you feel like a super hero.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by tollyboy5(m): 5:17am On Feb 06, 2023
Bootstrap still tested and wanted and more popular.

EOD
Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by majesticguy: 8:34am On Feb 06, 2023
logicalhumour:
Don't care 😂

Take the minimal pill.

So so on point. I have never fancied frameworks. Although I was advised to incorporate it into my projects. The flexibility that comes with the raw HTML, CSS, and Vanilla Javascript is out of this world. With the raw HTML CSS and vanilla JS, You have 100% control of virtually everything & it's quite fun to work with.

Frameworks are good nevertheless, but as for me, when i cook, i prefer doing it with the raw ingredients.

1 Like

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by beardedboy(m): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
SUPREMOTM:

Very very true

1 Like

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by beardedboy(m): 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2023
logicalhumour:
Don't care 😂

Take the minimal pill.
There are some points you're missing:

1. Popular frameworks like bootstrap, jQuery and react are used by millions of websites. Theirs high chance that your user's browser already has it in his cache. This is why you should use the CDN instead of serving the source code by yourself.

2. Frameworks reduce development time a lot. There's no doubt about it. For example, with bootstrap all you need to do is add class names and your website is ready.

3. Code bases built with frameworks are easier to maintain because many developers are already familiar with them. Even the developer that hasn't used the framework before can easily visit the documentation.

4. In the situation where your app has separated front-end and backend how do you cope with repeated components like navbars and footers? I know you can insert the components with jQuery but it can get messy really quickly.

I'm not saying you have no point. I'm only sharing the other perspective with you.

3 Likes

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
angry
Remove CSS from this your heading.

It's like saying "RIP JavaScript, REACT is the real deal"

1 Like

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by LikeAking: 12:15am On Feb 07, 2023
Borntosmoke:
Thank you tailwind. Too love that framework. Everything just dey easy like what the Bleep!!!!!. What I love most about is the responsive design. Using md sm and lg. Na God go punish CSS for making my life difficult. PHP(code igniter) with tailwind can do wonders. Still planning to learn more programming language grin grin grin grin grin. Fear Tailwindooo because you will fall in love with it the moment you start using it.

Tail wetin... Naaa

Time to maintain the code u go c wahala

1 Like

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by DissTroy(m): 10:54am On Feb 07, 2023
tollyboy5:
Bootstrap still tested and wanted and more popular.

EOD

Bootstrap is king. There's no area of responsitivity it doesn't cover. Plus a full Bootstrap stylesheet is about 156KB. That's lightweight enough.

2 Likes

Re: RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. by emmancipated(m): 11:24am On Feb 07, 2023
To each, his own.

I still prefer pure css, though I enjoy using Scss as well.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Linking Visual Basic 6.0 With MS Word And Others / I Need A Tutor In Programming! / List Of Default Password For Routers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.