Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Can Any South Africans Here Answer My Questions? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Any South Africans Here Answer My Questions? (1317 Views)

Can Tinubu Win Any South-eastern State / We’ll Kill Any South-east PDP Politician Who Accepts Party’s VP Slot -Biafra Grp / South Africans React As Nigerian Man Threatens To Retaliate In Boko Haram Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Any South Africans Here Answer My Questions? by AfriqueDuZuid: 9:27am On Feb 07, 2023
christejames:
We've nationalized most of their assets...

MTN Nigeria is wholly owned by a Nigerian now (although through franchise from MTN group)

Shoprite is now wholly owned by Nigerian (same franchise issue here with the name).

As for DStv that one is still enjoying the monopoly of our corrupt politicians but TStv is gradually coming up.

We now have so many private and modern shopping centers and malls like Robans Stores, Everyday Market, MarketSquare Etc...

Don't mind those Southafricans

Yall be calling Shoprite mall lol
Re: Can Any South Africans Here Answer My Questions? by christejames(m): 9:33am On Feb 07, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

MTN Nigeria is 70% owned by MTN group, it is not a Nigerian company nor is it Nationalized.

Shoprite Nigeria was licensed to a Nigerian for limited duration.

Johannesburg has now malls than the entire Nigeria as a country.

I think Nigerians don't know what a mall is below is a mall in Soweto

Keep deceiving yourself just to feel nice...

The majority shareholders of mtn Nigeria are Nigerians...

Shoprite has since left the country save for the name and it won't be coming back as South African.

We don't have malls you say? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

I laugh at your ignorance bro, Nigerians are building small and large malls across the cities of the country and major towns. These malls are owned by Nigerians and not foreigners...

Even the shops in the malls are now Nigerians'

Like I listed up there

Robans Stores

MarketSquare

Everyday Supermarket

Chicken Republic

Kilomanjaro

And a host of others are Nigerian brands.

The only edge you guys have against us is your cutting edge designs of the malls, trust Nigerians, we will soon beat you to that ☺...
Re: Can Any South Africans Here Answer My Questions? by christejames(m): 9:35am On Feb 07, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

Yall be calling Shoprite mall lol

I never called it a mall...

Read my post again, they are brands and tenants in our malls that have been acquired by Nigerians
Re: Can Any South Africans Here Answer My Questions? by AfriqueDuZuid: 9:51am On Feb 07, 2023
christejames:

Keep deceiving yourself just to feel nice...

The majority shareholders of mtn Nigeria are Nigerians...

Shoprite has since left the country save for the name and it won't be coming back as South African.

We don't have malls you say? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

I laugh at your ignorance bro, Nigerians are building small and large malls across the cities of the country and major towns. These malls are owned by Nigerians and not foreigners...

Even the shops in the malls are now Nigerians'

Like I listed up there

Robans Stores

MarketSquare

Everyday Supermarket

Chicken Republic

Kilomanjaro

And a host of others are Nigerian brands.

The only edge you guys have against us is your cutting edge designs of the malls, trust Nigerians, we will soon beat you to that ☺...

MTN group holds majority of 70% in mtn Nigeria, that why MTN Nigeria send profits to south Africa just like any other South African company in Nigeria

Shoprite group still owns the rights to shoprite nigeria which has 21 stores.... But Shoprite group has over 1700 stores in south Africa and over 100 in other african countries

Again in terms of shopping malls Nigeria has around 200 malls and south africa has around 1600 malls.

Re: Can Any South Africans Here Answer My Questions? by AfriqueDuZuid: 9:52am On Feb 07, 2023
christejames:

I never called it a mall...

Read my post again, they are brands and tenants in our malls that have been acquired by Nigerians
Again even in rural south Africa there are malls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Wike's Suit Against Ayu-led PDP NWC / Banks Went Up In Flames!!! / Naira Redesign:Emefele Mocks Those That Listened To Elrufai ......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.