Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Mancity's Premier League Defense Is Slipping Away As They Stumble To Tottenham - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mancity's Premier League Defense Is Slipping Away As They Stumble To Tottenham (305 Views)

Zouma Fined, Cats Taken Away As Sponsors Pull Out Of Deals With West Ham, Player / Cesc Fabregas Issues Warning To Tottenham Players Over Conte / Pundits: See How Rio Ferdinand And Glenn Hoddle Reacted To Tottenham Win(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mancity's Premier League Defense Is Slipping Away As They Stumble To Tottenham by SReporters: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2023
Tottenham defeated Manchester City 1-0 on Super Sunday, thanks to Harry Kane's goal; Gary Neville stated on Sky Sports commentary that City is not as strong as it once was. On the sidelines, Pep Guardiola cut a frustrated figure.

Gary Neville claims that "something isn't right" at Manchester City this season, following their Super Sunday defeat to Tottenham, and that Pep Guardiola's team is "not as strong" as before.

Spurs won 1-0 thanks to Harry Kane's first-half goal, as City missed an opportunity to close the gap on Premier League leaders Arsenal, who were defeated 1-0 at Everton on Saturday.

Neville compared Guardiola's team to the one that lost 2-0 at home to Tottenham last month, and hinted that the Spaniard "got it wrong" in north London this weekend.

"I remember when Tottenham went 2-0 up at the Etihad and I said a few weeks ago that Pep Guardiola was messing around and tinkering a bit," Neville said while co-commentating on Sky Sports.

"I felt the same way today when I saw that Kevin De Bruyne, Ruben Dias, and Aymeric Laporte were still on the bench.

"Manchester City can never be written off. It's almost embarrassing to be sitting here saying Guardiola is wrong, especially when he proves himself correct so frequently, as he did a few weeks ago.

"But something isn't quite right at Manchester City. It just feels a little strange right now."

After predicting Guardiola's side to beat leaders Arsenal to the title in recent weeks, the pundit told the Gary Neville Podcast that he is less confident about City winning the title this season.

"I was asked two or three weeks ago who I thought would win the league, and I said Manchester City. "And I've said it a few times since," Neville said.

"Arsenal fans have been outraged because they believe I don't respect them. But after Arsenal's loss on Saturday, and as I stated before the game, I'm less confident in City as a result of what has happened in the last week.

"The Cancelo incident, the leaving out of De Bruyne, Dias and Laporte are still stuck on the bench, Gundogan being on the bench today - it all feels a bit odd.

"He's a genius Pep Guardiola and this is a moment in time - but he isn't beyond criticism. In terms of what's going on, this is a very strange time.

"They are incorrect. That was not a performance worthy of Pep Guardiola. There have been times when I've watched his teams lose and think: "that's a Pep Guardiola performance".

"The number of times they were counter-attacked on today, the number of times they were broken through, the amount of space they gave up in midfield - that doesn't happen. They had to charge back to their original goal. That's because they're incorrect.

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/02/05/mancitys-premier-league-defense-is-slipping-away-as-they-stumble-to-tottenham/

Re: Mancity's Premier League Defense Is Slipping Away As They Stumble To Tottenham by swiych(m): 11:54pm On Feb 05, 2023
At least na dem get highest goal scorer trophy

1 Like

Re: Mancity's Premier League Defense Is Slipping Away As They Stumble To Tottenham by swiych(m): 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2023
Ok
Re: Mancity's Premier League Defense Is Slipping Away As They Stumble To Tottenham by SReporters: 12:15am On Feb 06, 2023
swiych:
At least na dem get highest goal scorer trophy

Yeah something they can console themselves with....

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Leeds United / Anayo Iwuala, The Nigerian Forward Temporarily Lost In Diaspora / 144 Odds Gone ,just Like That�����

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.