Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price (13857 Views)

Oshiomhole: "I Am No Longer 'Excellency'. I Am A Removed National Chairman..." / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) / Oshiomhole: I Would Have Sued Doctors That Wrongly Diagnosed My Wife, Clara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Naijalarry: 12:42am On Feb 06, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgj5MBbJqsE

A former Edo State Governor Adams Oshiohmole has lamented the scarcity of fuel and the hike in the pump price of the product, claiming he recently paid N1,000 for a litre. 

In several parts of Nigeria, queues have resurfaced in filling stations with many buying the product for as much as N500 and above for a litre.

It, however, appears the masses are not the only ones affected by the crisis as the All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain said he recently bought the product at an exorbitant price during one of his campaign tours.

“On one occasion, I ran out of fuel and I had to pay N1,000 for a litre. Now, that is not funny! Somebody is responsible for that,” he said when he featured on Channels Television’s election programme The 2023 Verdict on Sunday.

A ‘Perennial Problem’

The former national chairman of the APC said in spite of the huge resources Nigeria spends on payment of fuel subsidy, the product is still scarce and the price is beyond the reach of most Nigerians.

“As we speak, we are spending almost N7 trillion. The minister of finance spoke to the fact that we are spending about N7 trillion for fuel subsidy and yet most Nigerians found themselves paying much more than what the market rate would be and yet we have the Petroleum Equalisation Fund,” Oshiomhole added. “So, people are responsible for this.”

He said fuel scarcity is not peculiar to President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, describing the development as a “perennial problem”.

“But that does not make it acceptable,” he said.

Oshiomhole, who equally spoke about the naira note redesign and swap policy, described them as deceptive and a ploy to truncate the elections.

“You could see that the intention of the Bank is not to eliminate abuses but to stop the elections from taking place,” he said.
Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/05/i-paid-n100-per-litre-oshiomhole-laments-fuel-scarcity-price-hike/

3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by meum: 12:45am On Feb 06, 2023
APC campaigning as if they are opposition party. Tone down the criticism, it’s your party that is still in power. Also stop making it sound like you care about the masses. According to you it has been a perennial problem yet you just found your voice in 2023

263 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by money121(m): 12:50am On Feb 06, 2023
Lamba

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by BHG1: 12:50am On Feb 06, 2023
Tension As Petroleum Marketers Plan A Total Shutdown From Monday If... https://www.bhginfodesks.com/2023/02/tension-as-petroleum-marketers-plan.html #Trending #PMShehbazForKashmir
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgj5MBbJqsE

A former Edo State Governor Adams Oshiohmole has lamented the scarcity of fuel and the hike in the pump price of the product, claiming he recently paid N1,000 for a litre. 

In several parts of Nigeria, queues have resurfaced in filling stations with many buying the product for as much as N500 and above for a litre.

It, however, appears the masses are not the only ones affected by the crisis as the All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain said he recently bought the product at an exorbitant price during one of his campaign tours.

“On one occasion, I ran out of fuel and I had to pay N1,000 for a litre. Now, that is not funny! Somebody is responsible for that,” he said when he featured on Channels Television’s election programme The 2023 Verdict on Sunday.

A ‘Perennial Problem’

The former national chairman of the APC said in spite of the huge resources Nigeria spends on payment of fuel subsidy, the product is still scarce and the price is beyond the reach of most Nigerians.

“As we speak, we are spending almost N7 trillion. The minister of finance spoke to the fact that we are spending about N7 trillion for fuel subsidy and yet most Nigerians found themselves paying much more than what the market rate would be and yet we have the Petroleum Equalisation Fund,” Oshiomhole added. “So, people are responsible for this.”

He said fuel scarcity is not peculiar to President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, describing the development as a “perennial problem”.

“But that does not make it acceptable,” he said.

Oshiomhole, who equally spoke about the naira note redesign and swap policy, described them as deceptive and a ploy to truncate the elections.

“You could see that the intention of the Bank is not to eliminate abuses but to stop the elections from taking place,” he said.

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/05/i-paid-n100-per-litre-oshiomhole-laments-fuel-scarcity-price-hike/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by BHG1: 12:50am On Feb 06, 2023
Tension As Petroleum Marketers Plan A Total Shutdown From Monday If... https://www.bhginfodesks.com/2023/02/tension-as-petroleum-marketers-plan.html #Trending #PMShehbazForKashmir
BHG1:

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Racoon(m): 1:02am On Feb 06, 2023
When did Adams Oshiomole start lamenting? This fool is always wearing his sanctimonious Labour union khaki of yesterday to continue to deceive the gullible electorates that allowed themselves to be deceived.

179 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by magnumwhales(m): 1:10am On Feb 06, 2023
Crooks everywhere
Who brought the plagues in the first place

85 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by mbaise1000: 1:22am On Feb 06, 2023
This is what you get when they don see you finish, but this is an insult on our collective intelligence, is this one telling us now that he is one of us, the only reason this things are bold enough to be saying this rubish is because of a certain set of people, if people who claim to be educated will not come out to promote someone who fostered buhari on nigeria and told you a few days ago that he will start from where buhari stopped, how will they have the guts to be this bold?

32 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by PointZerom: 1:26am On Feb 06, 2023
cheesy
As if you and Tinubu is not part of the problem?
How on Earth will any sensible person vote for APC again?

85 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by shuttox: 1:29am On Feb 06, 2023
Big lies

Go and complain to your president
You were part of the team that installed him

18 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Tokskob2008: 1:45am On Feb 06, 2023
That's why Nigerians have to vote you guys out at all cost. APC members blaming the masses for bad governance.

37 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by chukadiho1(m): 2:07am On Feb 06, 2023
From what I can deduce from his speech, his stylishly telling Nigerians that fuel will be sold for 1k in this failed government of APC.

20 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:09am On Feb 06, 2023
APC campaigning against APC grin grin grin

Thank God Buhari is the minister of petroleum

They have no one to blame but themselves grin grin

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by michlins(m): 3:09am On Feb 06, 2023
If you fail to elect good leaders in Nigeria, the consequences will be dire.

Whatever you do on 25th will not just affect your life but that of your kids. If you thinking you want to spite a particular group or candidate, just remember you will also be at the receiving end of it all.

Vote wisely

33 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by udemzyudex(m): 3:30am On Feb 06, 2023
Bloody liar

11 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by socialmediaman: 3:33am On Feb 06, 2023
Petrol Scarcity under APC government, and APC is campaigning with Buhari to end it, isn't that wonderful?

24 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by ican2020: 3:35am On Feb 06, 2023
He should shut up

16 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by speaktome(m): 4:46am On Feb 06, 2023
Talk from a Mumu man

23 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:50am On Feb 06, 2023
Ewu. Aquya. Nobody with stone is close to him?

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Winters23: 7:50am On Feb 06, 2023
grin

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by princeade86(m): 7:50am On Feb 06, 2023
U can pay 5k.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
And so..........

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Brendaniel: 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
And who are we supposed to blame, You and Tinubu who brought Buhari to power....

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by inoki247: 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
Labour just silent...

It seems Buhari don kill that union...

Or dem don fully become politicians....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Cj4charles(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
Adam's Oshiomhole Is suppose to be flogged mercilessly for saying this... He has forgotten so soon how he was campaigning & dancing up and down for Buhari to win back then.

16 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by CalabarPikin: 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
Chai

Not to worry though....u go enjoy Peter Obi. E pain me sha cuz u no deserve am

Ecclesiastes 10:16 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Woe to you, O land, when your king is a child (e.g. wears pampers or pee on himself) and when your [incompetent] officials and princes feast in the morning.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Dshocker(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
A thief shouldn't be complaining

16 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Jennyclay(f): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
Will you shut up!

Orangutan!

16 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by dust144(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
West Africa dwarf.

11 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by yesloaded: 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
That's not true

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by Bayyajidda(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
Is APC now campaigning as an opposition to incumbent APC president?

12 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid ₦‎1,000 For A Litre, Laments Fuel Scarcity And Price by mosegifted: 7:51am On Feb 06, 2023
Thunder

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Wang Yi, Foreign Minister Of China (Photos) / Nigerians Won’t Accept Fresh Fuel Price Increase –NLC / Intrigues, Power Play In Aso Rock As Lobby For New Cabinet Hots Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.