Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes (17726 Views)

Health Workers Celebrate Easter At The Infectious Disease Hospital In Lagos / 5 Types Of People That Easily Attract Mosquitoes / Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by wirinet(m): 11:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
Octobertwentysix:

Since you don't go to Sunday school, hope you have been able to at least do something meaningful, at least they kept themselves busy by praying and increasing their knowledge, you have all the time as a result of not wasting your time praying, what theory have you propounded or is innovations and inventions for the whites alone. Una go just open una unintelligent mouth waa to talk rubbish.

It would have been more productive for him to sleep than go to Sunday school. His mind would get added rest instead of the same bullshit he has been hearing for decades.

I remember lots of Nigerians filling the churches on December 31st for cross over service, screaming the same bullshit they have been shouting for eons, like "this is my year of prosperity", this is the year of my breakthrough, etc. I asked wife that don't they ever get tired of repeating the same bullshit year after year, and the subsequent years is always worse than the previous years. I told her I can bet that this 2023 will be far worse than 2022, because the signs are there. And even before the end of the first month, Nigerians are already suffering like never before. Nigerians are beginning to fall down on the streets like flies "flitted" with raid or Baygon.
I shudder to thing what the situation will be by December.

Only a mad man does the same thing over and over and over again, but each time expects a different result.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Slurity(m): 11:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Reinaldo:
The world is evolving, but APC and their supporters are taking Nigeria 100 years back. They will surely fail.
it is in Nigeria alone we talked about party as if party is the one ruly and making decisions for a country or human. Have you ever heard anyone blame Trumps or Obama's party before? Our stupidity here is worrisome. All parties, APC, PDP, L.P. ARE ALL THE SAME. WHAT WILL MSKE A DIFFERENCE IS WHST THE LEADER IS ACTUALLY CAPABLE OF.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by wirinet(m): 11:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
peacettw:
I am truly concerned about this news.. I understand the gains but then I am also worried that it can be used as a biological weapon of mass destruction.

What stops the pharmaceutical teams from engineering the sporozoites to be more lethal or resistant to known anti-malarial drugs just to study its limits?

COVID -19 has taught us all a lot. Let's not make the same damn mistake.

Why can we carry our own research and manufacture our own vaccines? Do we have to always depends on Oyinbo to solve our problems? Afterall Oyinbo no dey get malaria.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by BRATISLAVA: 12:11am On Feb 07, 2023
Zika Mark II?
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by TWoods(m): 12:37am On Feb 07, 2023
NotKnown:
They have come with another one again o

These people live in climes where malaria is not endemic. They are essentially making a vaccine to protect you and your children. What have you ever come up with?
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Scamburster(m): 12:49am On Feb 07, 2023
Ssddff:

Malaria is already depopulating Africa. Do you know how many infants die every day from it? Let’s not go into adult.

Do you know malaria is the cause for the genotype matching Wahala we have in Africa?
Please explain this properly🙏
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by brightleave(m): 12:57am On Feb 07, 2023
Kaycee9242:
Which kain wahala be this one again?
oyibo make una rest small na!
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by brightleave(m): 12:58am On Feb 07, 2023
oyibo make una rest small na. Shuo!
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Mercury12(m): 1:19am On Feb 07, 2023
Covid vaccine failed. Malaria vaccine in Africa will fail too.
Wicked people. Una go fear God last last
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by PotatoSalad(m): 1:30am On Feb 07, 2023
FarahAideed:
Take at you own risk? If you believe there can be vaccine against a protozoan then Yiu will soon believe there is a vaccine against tapeworm
Una go open mouth waaa dey talk anyhow.
People are having sleepless nights trying to make the world better, while empty vessels like you will use medicine and tech same people made to talk rubbish about them.
Just know if they wanted you dead, you'd have been long gone.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by PotatoSalad(m): 1:35am On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

No, the simple reason why we cannot do advanced research in Nigeria and in Africa is money...and facilities, and electric power. Not religion. I doubt the local Imam, or revenred bothers himself or herself about what they do in our research facilites self.

Once, a university in the UK got a grant of 600m pounds for research into Malaria. Tell me, who would give a university in Nigeria that money? In naira.?

The reason why we cannot do research is because of lack of money. Foreign countries have a lot of money to fund advanced research because they pay the kind of taxes and have the kind of tax to gdp ratio to pay for good universites, plus they pay tons of fees...even going into debt to do so. (at least in Nigeria, no one graduates with millions in debt), and they also pay their electricity and power bills on time, and don't subsidise education.

Here in Nigeria, we pay fees of less than 200 dollars a year, and somehow expect to do research that a university that has fees of up to 20000 dollars a year does? Like how? 40% of us don't pay power bills that are already very low...and yet we expect power 24/7 with what money? You don't pay the type of tax they pay in developed countries...and you expect good facilites and so on? And finally...you rely on something that at best can give you one third of what we actually need in revenue...and you expect to live like the developed nations?

You are here blaming religion. Some will blame athiests, some will blame FESTAC 77 for bringing in demons into the country, and some will blame the West. Yet, we will go and cheer as someone wakes up and says that we should chase away power companies officials from dealing with power defaulters because they are exploiting us. Or we would go and protest when it is time to remove fuel subsides...or we would go and cry oppression, when fees need to be raised, or the tax to gdp ratio needs to be expanded

Yet we want what the whites have at a fraction of the revenue.

Stop blaming religion. There are scientists who are religious and do extensive research. Just as there have been atheists who misapply research. But the thing is, all of us...the religious and the atheistis, and the traditionalists in this country.....have to work towards making our country's less dependent on oil and more dependent on industries, and also pay our power bills, and stop pretending that N400 can buy something that costs 4million, and maybe, just maybe...we may be able to develop the ultimate cure for malaria.

So, stop looking for bogeymen.

Mindset. I remember a uni that got a grant one time and the lecturer in charge used the money to buy rides and upgraded his life.
We need a mental overhaul in Nigeria. For everyone. Every single person.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by olisefom: 2:02am On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Yet you won;t pay the fees and taxes needed to make the research facilities do the type of ground breaking research that is needed.

No old man is stopping any Nigerian from doing research. The problem is, good research costs money. The industrial countries can aafford the research because they pay high fees to their universites, pay high taxes so that government can fund their research labs well, and pay high bills for power, roads, water and petrol...so that the ground for industries to flourish and earn billions, part of which can be invested in R and D.

Here in Nigeria, we want to buy something that costs N4000000 at N4.

People often think others are like them. If you are useless to your country ,raise your hand up and move to the front. I pay tax...the stamp duty passed to my account daily alone is nothing less than 2,000naira...multiply that alone by 365 and stop generalising.

In addition, the ones that are being paid, do you have a conducive environment to function properly? You should ask the leaders of a 62year old country that doesn't have a sustainable energy source to start with.

The so called country that's a major oil producing country but imports its out. Maybe the citizens too are the ones embezzlement all that's meant for the development in that sector too.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by FarahAideed: 4:58am On Feb 07, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Una go open mouth waaa dey talk anyhow.
People are having sleepless nights trying to make the world better, while empty vessels like you will use medicine and tech same people made to talk rubbish about them.
Just know if they wanted you dead, you'd have been long gone.

I create and build stuff ..I am not a free loader like you are the men from your lineage ..This is beyond your brain grade so please rest
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by peacettw: 5:21am On Feb 07, 2023
wirinet:

Why can we carry our own research and manufacture our own vaccines? Do we have to always depends on Oyinbo to solve our problems? Afterall Oyinbo no dey get malaria.

This... It's time to change the narrative
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:05am On Feb 07, 2023
cheesy cheesy Great news.At least,the incidence of malaria would be greatly reduced to the barest minimum.
Soon one senseless,Jerry curling pastorpreneur would come and be ranting about the vaccine being Antichrist.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Lateefadewale(m): 8:24am On Feb 07, 2023
adioolayi:
Una don start abi Sha don't give us super bug..
Test your hypothesis in your coy..don't bring the nonsense come Africa
Your ignorance is mind-boggling.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 8:32am On Feb 07, 2023
Ssddff:

Wrong! All animals including mosquitoes are important to the ecosystem. What you would have said is the eradication of the blood suckers but they also have their use. If you doubt, make your research. Vaccine is the best, especially if it a one time vaccination type.

That's what they told you, eliminate mosquitoes ( i mean the blood sucking species) the ecosystem will adjust, after all 95% of all species on Earth are extinct , the ecosystem didn't collapse.
Putting pressure on plasmodium will make it to start rapid mutation, which may lead to new strains,
In biology the higher an organism is, the more difficult it is to kill it by vaccine, because the have many genes to adapt and change, protozoa is higher than bacteria which is higher than viruses, so ask yourself why hasn't be any vaccine for bacteria but they're planning to introduce one for an organism higher than it, an organism that undergoes rapid surface protein changes the reason it's difficult for our immune system to fight it, hence expecting a permanent or single vaccine to cure it is speculating on mirage, so expect them to introduce new vaccine every time after the plasmodium acquire a resistance against it, more like advanced malaria periodic injection. By then all the anti malaria drugs will be ineffective.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Solocoin: 9:31am On Feb 07, 2023
FarahAideed:
Take at you own risk? If you believe there can be vaccine against a protozoan then Yiu will soon believe there is a vaccine against tapeworm
After you have conducted series of research and you come to a conclusion there's not vaccine against protozoan. Because are we're doing is to go school and come back and carry file look for work.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by PotatoSalad(m): 9:37am On Feb 07, 2023
FarahAideed:

I create and build stuff ..I am not a free loader like you are the men from your lineage ..This is beyond your brain grade so please rest
Mr builder. Let's see what you build. Eziofia
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by FarahAideed: 9:39am On Feb 07, 2023
Solocoin:

After you have conducted series of research and you come to a conclusion there's not vaccine against protozoan. Because are we're doing is to go school and come back and carry file look for work.

Africans have already developed the highest possible natural immunity possible against Malaria and if that has not been able to ward of malaria on the continent, no fake vaccine can . I hope you have the requisite brain cell to get my point
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Ssddff: 9:43am On Feb 07, 2023
Supersymetry:

That's what they told you, eliminate mosquitoes ( i mean the blood sucking species) the ecosystem will adjust, after all 95% of all species on Earth are extinct , the ecosystem didn't collapse.
Putting pressure on plasmodium will make it to start rapid mutation, which may lead to new strains,
In biology the higher an organism is, the more difficult it is to kill it by vaccine, because the have many genes to adapt and change, protozoa is higher than bacteria which is higher than viruses, so ask yourself why hasn't be any vaccine for bacteria but they're planning to introduce one for an organism higher than it, an organism that undergoes rapid surface protein changes the reason it's difficult for our immune system to fight it, hence expecting a permanent or single vaccine to cure it is speculating on mirage, so expect them to introduce new vaccine every time after the plasmodium acquire a resistance against it, more like advanced malaria periodic injection. By then all the anti malaria drugs will be ineffective.

I like your reply. And I now understand your fear which stems from resistance and the fear Plasmodium will change to superbugs.

But looking at this innovation. Their method is not to develop vaccine for the matured Protozoa, but the sporozite which is like their zygote phase for human.
Sporozite can’t mutate or evolve because the have to grow and pass through life cycle stages.

Their goal is to develop vaccines that produce antibodies that fight the sporozite and kill them before they mature into the plasmodium that causes malaria. Sporozite are like the egg form and I believe don’t cause malaria until the cycle reaches PF that breaks down blood.

I believe this is not what to fear. Lifecycles is one of the factors that determine how we combat a microbe. Which also determines how difficult it is to eliminate
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by ospreywin(m): 9:52am On Feb 07, 2023
grin Lol...this thread is another example of why you shouldn't take comments on nairaland serious...alot of these people commenting did not even read the post, constituting nuisance up and down.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by ConfidentialDoc: 10:26am On Feb 07, 2023
Ssddff:

Malaria is already depopulating Africa. Do you know how many infants die every day from it? Let’s not go into adult.

Do you know malaria is the cause for the genotype matching Wahala we have in Africa?

I agree malaria is a big issue but let the research be done by ethical and sincere scientists for the good of all, and not fall into the hands of the profit-hungry eugenecists !
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 07, 2023
wirinet:

You are oversimplifying issues.

I am not

(A bit about myself...my parents were academics and I grew up in the university milleu. One of the main complaints then, as at now, was lack of funding for research and poor lab facilites. There are good reasons why ASUU goes on strike because....I also knew people who worked in research facilites run by government. Same story. Need I mention that most of them were religious people.? ).

The problem is more complex than just our reliance on oil. It has more to do with our reliance on foreign made finished goods, including food items. The problem started from the economic model bequeathed to us by the british. They made us produce primary produce for their industries, while we in turn became a ready marker for their finished goods. They made us grow cocoa, groundnuts, palm oil, rubber, that we don't eat, they in turn give us chocolate, Cornflakes, butter, milk, bread, etc, that we eat. That was the model at play even with crude oil. We give them crude, they in turn give us petrol, diesel, fertiliser, etc.

Why do we need to sell oil? - To earn dollars to buy petrol, diesel, fertiliser, milk, chicken, fish, etc.

Which is the fact of all resource dependent nations, and has nothing to do with religion....it is just that it is easier to sell raw materials rather than develop. We fell into the trap because we 'had a lot of resources'. Most of the industrial nations, like say Japan or China or even Germany realized that they did not have enough resources...and promptly industrialized.

The industrial revolution started in the UK...which at the time was religious. And remained religious until some 50 years ago, when the religious observation began to fall.

Infact , this is one of the things I love to hammer on...the fact that we need to realize that oil dependency is messing us up. But most of us, regardless of relgiion, work on the idea that oil is enough, and we say that other oil producers are doing well. (They do well because their populaiton is too small ).

In terms of education, the education they encouraged was to read and write English and to be good administrators to further their own colonial and post colonial interest. They never encouraged Science and technology education, which can lead to self reliance and development

That's a flawed view, I am sorry to say. If they did that,...and yes they did do it....how did my father, who read a science based course in the early 1970's get Nigerian professors, in addition to the foreign profs they had? Science was being taught back then. UI had science based courses in the 1950's. By independendece...we had science and tech being taught in our schools..

Religion was a major tool to keep us aspiring for science and technological advancement. We have more churches and mosques than schools, research institutes and libraries added together. You don't think that was deliberate?

Am afraid this is just propaganda.I don't like propaganda...even if it is from my relgious side (COVID 19 nonsense has annoyed me a lot recently)

Nigeria has a host of research institutions...and yes, I can defend that comment very well. Our universities also function as research institutes. Why we do not have more is not because religion, but because we do not have enough of a R and D industrial base to provide the profits, and the motive for domestic R and D. Even then, we have enough of the institutes.

But because we are a dutch diseased nation, we prefer to import and import....Being dutch diseased is why we do not have enough of a domestic industry which could then encourage and provide a motive for indigenous R and D.(As seen in the deeply religious India...which has a lot of industries which in turn provide motiive for domestic R and D and lead to things like their Mars explorer project).

(The USSR was an athiest nation, yet it relied on money from high oil prices in the 1970's...once the money collapsed, so did funding for a host of things...which led to its breakup, and to scientists running out of the country.)

As I said lack of research in our universities goes beyond funding, even if you give each university a billion dollars each for research, nothing will change. The money will simply be mismanaged and embezzled and our Engineering students will still be spending more waking hours praying than researching.
[/quote]

Maybe, but on the other hand, expecting a university like UNN to produce world beating research for malaria on a budget of 25 billion naira...or 45 million pounds sterling...when one university got 600 million pounds sterling for malaria research is basically expecting a underwieight child to beat Usain Bolt at althletics,or enter into the ring with prime Mike Tyson.

We can cry (rightly) about mismanagement, but it does not change the fact that we have underfunded universites and research and techincal institutions.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 11:12am On Feb 07, 2023
Ssddff:

I like your reply. And I now understand your fear which stems from resistance and the fear Plasmodium will change to superbugs.

But looking at this innovation. Their method is not to develop vaccine for the matured Protozoa, but the sporozite which is like their zygote phase for human.
Sporozite can’t mutate or evolve because the have to grow and pass through life cycle stages.

Their goal is to develop vaccines that produce antibodies that fight the sporozite and kill them before they mature into the plasmodium that causes malaria. Sporozite are like the egg form and I believe don’t cause malaria until the cycle reaches PF that breaks down blood.

I believe this is not what to fear. Lifecycles is one of the factors that determine how we combat a microbe. Which also determines how difficult it is to eliminate

In this case what matters is the "gene" and surface protein. not the life stage, the sporozoites stage will even gather resistance faster than matured plasmodium, because the transposable elements/ genes are more expressed, can't go into details, it's a deep complex topic.
And one thing you should understand about scientific research today is that, the people that funds the research instruct the researchers on the what outcome they want, unlike early days of scientific research were the scientist determine the direction of the research,
I can't go into details. That's why there are many conflicting scientific publication today.

Europeans always bring greek offer, check their history.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 11:31am On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

I am not

(A bit about myself...my parents were academics and I grew up in the university milleu. One of the main complaints then, as at now, was lack of funding for research and poor lab facilites. There are good reasons why ASUU goes on strike because....I also knew people who worked in research facilites run by government. Same story. Need I mention that most of them were religious people.? ).

Which is the fact of all resource dependent nations, and has nothing to do with religion....it is just that it is easier to sell raw materials rather than develop. We fell into the trap because we 'had a lot of resources'. Most of the industrial nations, like say Japan or China or even Germany realized that they did not have enough resources...and promptly industrialized.

The industrial revolution started in the UK...which at the time was religious. And remained religious until some 50 years ago, when the religious observation began to fall.

Infact , this is one of the things I love to hammer on...the fact that we need to realize that oil dependency is messing us up. But most of us, regardless of relgiion, work on the idea that oil is enough, and we say that other oil producers are doing well. (They do well because their populaiton is too small ).

That's a flawed view, I am sorry to say. If they did that,...and yes they did do it....how did my father, who read a science based course in the early 1970's get Nigerian professors, in addition to the foreign profs they had? Science was being taught back then. UI had science based courses in the 1950's. By independendece...we had science and tech being taught in our schools..

Am afraid this is just propaganda.I don't like propaganda...even if it is from my relgious side (COVID 19 nonsense has annoyed me a lot recently)

Nigeria has a host of research institutions...and yes, I can defend that comment very well. Our universities also function as research institutes. Why we do not have more is not because religion, but because we do not have enough of a R and D industrial base to provide the profits, and the motive for domestic R and D. Even then, we have enough of the institutes.

But because we are a dutch diseased nation, we prefer to import and import....Being dutch diseased is why we do not have enough of a domestic industry which could then encourage and provide a motive for indigenous R and D.(As seen in the deeply religious India...which has a lot of industries which in turn provide motiive for domestic R and D and lead to things like their Mars explorer project).

(The USSR was an athiest nation, yet it relied on money from high oil prices in the 1970's...once the money collapsed, so did funding for a host of things...which led to its breakup, and to scientists running out of the country.)

Maybe, but on the other hand, expecting a university like UNN to produce world beating research for malaria on a budget of 25 billion naira...or 45 million pounds sterling...when one university got 600 million pounds sterling for malaria research is basically expecting a underwieight child to beat Usain Bolt at althletics,or enter into the ring with prime Mike Tyson.

We can cry (rightly) about mismanagement, but it does not change the fact that we have underfunded universites and research and techincal institutions.
If the equipment are there it can be done in Nigeria, though there's a minimum amount of funding required, it should be in few billion naira or less but not less than 200million, problem with modern scientific research is that, it involves expensive equipment, but i think the problem with Nigeria is poor talent, breakthrough requires exceptional people not average.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 07, 2023
Supersymetry:

If the equipment are there it can be done in Nigeria, though there's a minimum amount of funding required, it should be in few billion naira or less but not less than 200million, problem with modern scientific research is that, it involves expensive equipment, but i think the problem with Nigeria is poor talent, breakthrough requires exceptional people not average.

We do have the people, the problem is, we don't have the industries to take advantage of the ideas and export them
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 11:54am On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

We do have the people, the problem is, we don't have the industries to take advantage of the ideas and export them

For sure, the people who can do it are there but as a raw talent, the issue is, are they refined and developed for it, am not talking about being a medical graduate or PhD, it takes more than that to make an impact. The talent needs to be nurtured in the right direction.
For now I don't think we have such people here not diaspora, if you know any mention them,
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
wirinet:

I vehemently disagree with you. Religion plays a huge role in our technological and scientific backwardness. First of all modern Islam and Christianity is against acquisition of knowledge. According to the doctrine of the religions, the Bible or the Koran is the only knowledge they would ever need. Remember "Boko is Haram ". Secondly, they make adherents waste most of their time, energy and resources in worshipping and religious activities, thereby allocating very little for acquisition of knowledge or research. Go to our universities, Students spend more time in religious activities than research. You will think all Nigerian universities have become convents, where prayers, fellowships, evangelisms, etc are carried out almost everyday.

Finally, religions make it impossible for people to work together or achieve a common goal, even in research and everything else. A Muslim would not collaborate with a Christian, much less an atheist. Even members of the same religions but different sects would refuse to collaborate on a research project.

I want you to see this 17 year old boy, Robert Samsone, who is about to revolutionise the electric motor. He does not have the millions for research just the passion for acquisition of knowledge and hardwork. He won the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair price worth $75,000 last year.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/this-17-year-old-designed-a-motor-that-could-potentially-transform-the-electric-car-industry-180980550/
Too much religion in Nigeria is mainly due to low thinking ability, i don't want to say low IQ, one can come out of a very religious family and still be a scientist, though the person must be an undercover atheists. But for sure religious scientist are almost non existent. The moment you grow in science you loose interest in religion. So had it been we have a thinking population religion will die a natural death.

Eg some people still believe the Earth is 6000 years, and that in the beginning God made heaven and Earth, is either the person is mentality lazy or low IQ, so i go with the first one most Nigerians are mentally lazy and poor curiosity.

So if you like bring 1000 trillion, it will be wasted with poor research output or nothing outstanding. More like paying an average football player to play like exceptional player, one thing people don't understand is that mental ability is like physical ability, both needs to be developed.
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Ssddff: 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

I agree malaria is a big issue but let the research be done by ethical and sincere scientists for the good of all, and not fall into the hands of the profit-hungry eugenecists !

Yes. It should be done by African scientists but are we there yet?
Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Ssddff: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Supersymetry:

In this case what matters is the "gene" and surface protein. not the life stage, the sporozoites stage will even gather resistance faster than matured plasmodium, because the transposable elements/ genes are more expressed, can't go into details, it's a deep complex topic.
And one thing you should understand about scientific research today is that, the people that funds the research instruct the researchers on the what outcome they want, unlike early days of scientific research were the scientist determine the direction of the research,
I can't go into details. That's why there are many conflicting scientific publication today.

Europeans always bring greek offer, check their history.

I have to read more on the ability of sporozites to gather resistance fighter but for you to under what I was talking about with life stages or life cycle. Here is a picture

And I guess since this is an African issue, research should be carried out by Africans to remove fear. But I don’t think we are there yet. Requires funding, electricity, equipments and technical expertise then clinical trials.

Re: Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes by Supersymetry: 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

I am not

When I was a kid the common ideology was that the white hid science from us, but i came to the conclusion that nobody is hiding anything from us rather people are running away from science,
Same thing with this funding issue, many people that innovated the world didn't have all the funding. Eg there's no indigenous company making something as simple as wood pulp, simple chemical like methanol, even the ethanol we use are mostly imported while we can only make small quantity by fermentation. Iron and steel that other people do hundreds of years ago, up till now we can't, sodium hydroxide etc the list goes on and on, technologies that are open to the extent you can get full industrial design online and books.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WHO’s Hydroxychloroquine Trial Suspended Pending Safety Data / Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience / 88 COVID-19 Vaccination Centers In Lagos (full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.