Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign (26350 Views)

3 APC House Of Rep Members Defect To PDP In Katsina / 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court / 3 APC Council Chairmen Die In Saudi Arabia’s Accident- Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by justmondris: 11:35am On Feb 06, 2023
Lolol but they did not drag any body to court for 8months ASUU. It’s obvious that is Naira redesign issue is choking them and I like it. As he Dey pain them,he Dey sweet us.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by Kog45(m): 11:35am On Feb 06, 2023
Ezeama400:

How many people u go bribe?

This is general election, not primaries..

Yes, politicians have access to New cash due to their connections , but not up to having the excess that could be used for vote buying across the country..
Upto 2 trillion Naira is not in circulation hence the need to redesign.. And central banks gave each banks a certain amount of new note...

Infact as it stands now, the new notes released so far is not up to 400 billion across the country , whereas some politicians have up to 200 billion Naira old cash each under their custody each...

Divide 400 billion into more 150 million Nigerians with bank accounts, then check how much will remain, then coupled with the fact that Nigerian political class is not upto 2% of Nig population

Again, how many people u go bribe, and where would they get the new notes from?

If they have access to the new notes as they supposed to as politicians they are, they won't be running helter skelter lamenting about new notes
So cos of vote buying people should suffer,continue deceiving yourself about Tinubu,Atiku and Obi... na poor masses dey suffer o.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by Shollez(m): 11:37am On Feb 06, 2023
BUT YOU PEOPLE CANT TAKE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO COURT WHEN ASUU WAS IN STRIKE FOR ALMOST 9 MONTH
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by PeterObi4LP: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

If bandits could display millions of naira of the new notes, what's stopping the politicians who owns most of the banks?. Do you think Peter Obi, for example, who is a shareholder in Fidelity bank with access to billions of naira, gives a hoot about you queuing under the sun?.
I know that Obi supporters are kind of happy that the harsh policy would push people to anger to vote against APC but I can assure you that this events. if not checked would further encourage vote buying. How would someone who struggles to get as little as 2000 naira all week reject free 5000 - 7000 free cash on an election day?

Cry harder, I love seeing your salty tears. Nigerians are wiser now. They will collect the cash gift and still vote Peter Obi. Is still their money.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by fubsy: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2023
I don't get it. Why will state government go to the Supreme Court for this matter? More so, the applicants are the so-called northern state governors that ensured Tinubu emerged as their party candidate. I'm thinking that they are fighting seriously for their future personal gains, not for the good of the nation.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by favour32(m): 11:40am On Feb 06, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle the peace atmosphere we have in the country. We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad

As Muslims,we will vote for PETER OBI.

1 Like

Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by maasoap(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2023
Good.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by AntonVince: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2023
Ezeama400:

How many people u go bribe?

This is general election, not primaries..

Yes, politicians have access to New cash due to their connections , but not up to having the excess that could be used for vote buying across the country..
Upto 2 trillion Naira is not in circulation hence the need to redesign.. And central banks gave each banks a certain amount of new note...

Infact as it stands now, the new notes released so far is not up to 400 billion across the country , whereas some politicians have up to 200 billion Naira old cash each under their custody each...

Divide 400 billion into more 150 million Nigerians with bank accounts, then check how much will remain, then coupled with the fact that Nigerian political class is not upto 2% of Nig population

Again, how many people u go bribe, and where would they get the new notes from?

If they have access to the new notes as they supposed to as politicians they are, they won't be running helter skelter lamenting about new notes

Incisive!
cool
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by Babathanks(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
If we say the truth, most people in Urban areas still have old notes, talkless of those in rural areas without access to good banking system.
All those obedient mumu ehn, I travelled out from Abj to my home town in ondo. Throughout 1 week am here, they are yet to have the new notes, and POS charges for the old note is very high, I think emefiele and buhari are not serious. From now on am supporting tinubu because I think is right

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by 07kjb: 11:43am On Feb 06, 2023
SenatePresdo:

All those ones are format by the politicians to make it look like they have enough access to the new Naira.
They gave Bandits that money.

If politicians have access to the new Naira, then they should rest na?

YOU GET THE POINT 👍
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by NLStalker: 11:43am On Feb 06, 2023
Housing:

Being a literate and having an education are two different things. You definitely doesn't understand the meaning of the word illeterate. Likewise your ability to comprehend is in doubt. Most State University were not affected by the ASUU strike and the strike directly affects the live a market woman in Aba, Jabi or Idumota market. Same goes for fuel scarcity. These two doesn't have DIRECT impact on every Nigerians. But the Naira scarcity affects every sectors of the economy directly.

With the above explanation if you are unable to understand better. I am sorry you doesn't worth my engagement.
I can't still debate the strike... But who in his/her sanity will say fuel price doesn't directly affect Nigerians? As in... Are you alive?
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by maasoap(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2023
Asabe4:
The fact that this policy makes these people uncomfortable is all I need to support it.

It is good sign...Bubu and Meffy must not back.
down

It makes their people uncomfortable. I don't know about your governor
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by bentenny(m): 11:46am On Feb 06, 2023
When will you be dragging the minister of petroleum to court over the lingering fuel scarcity?
I dare you to try it! grin
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by NwokoloOwa: 11:46am On Feb 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

If bandits could display millions of naira of the new notes, what's stopping the politicians who owns most of the banks?. Do you think Peter Obi, for example, who is a shareholder in Fidelity bank with access to billions of naira, gives a hoot about you queuing under the sun?.
I know that Obi supporters are kind of happy that the harsh policy would push people to anger to vote against APC but I can assure you that this events. if not checked would further encourage vote buying. How would someone who struggles to get as little as 2000 naira all week reject free 5000 - 7000 free cash on an election day?

Exactly. The policy has even made citizens more vulnerable to bribing or vote buying with this acute shortage of cash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by Tareq1105: 11:47am On Feb 06, 2023
Ezeama400:
Now I understand what Tinubu meant when he said he would fight dirty, but it will surely end in tears..

The billions he's hoarding will turn to wasted tissue papers in few days to come

The supreme court has a lot of pending case on ground to treat than this inconsequential issue..
Therefore the case would be adjourned till 31st Dec 2023 grin grin..

For your information, people in the category of Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, kwakwaso don't have issues with the new notes. In fact, Bank Managers take the money, whatever amount they need, to them at home. Have you ever seen Tinubu, Atiku, Obi kwakwaso in any bank or any ATM machine queue? They tell Bank manager what they want done and so be it. Peter Obi would get any billions he needs from Fidelity Bank anytime any day. Same goes to Tinubu and Atiku at banks they have major interest. Rich men would always have their ways. It's only you and I that are suffering it. So, if you think Tinubu would die or suffer bcoz of the Policy it shows that you're either an indomie child or you're a gullible obi-idiots. On Friday I dashed out of office for small weekend cash and I went to the nearest GTB ATM and I was given tally number 581. When I got the number around 11am, I discovered that it just got to the turn of number 47. Imagine, number 47 to my number 581. Na poor man dey suffer.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by maasoap(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2023
SenatePresdo:

All those ones are format by the politicians to make it look like they have enough access to the new Naira.
They gave Bandits that money.

If politicians have access to the new Naira, then they should rest na?

These are northern govs, they're worried about the hardship their people are experiencing concerning the cash shortage because their economy is mostly cash based. Southern govs can pretend as much as they want like it doesn't affect their own people
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by jaxxy(m): 11:51am On Feb 06, 2023
These ones don't have sense. They want to hoard money and buy votes.

apc fighting apc.

urchins are confused. lol
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by broadman20: 11:51am On Feb 06, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will not deceive myself like my fellow Christians rooting for Peter Obi because every sane Christian knows he can never win. Those rejoicing over this naira redesign policy are doing so because they expect a protest vote against the ruling party which in their delusion will favor Obi . The naira redesign policy is a senseless one meant to scuttle the peace atmosphere we have in the country. We patriotic Nigerian Christians reject the wicked policy. And to those dumb Obidients rejoicing over this, "Heaven wan fall no be on top one man head". Peter Obi's chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains. We Nigerians Christians reject the candidacy of Peter Obi. sad

You again?

May the rot of God fall upon you for this devilish work you are paid to do here in Jesus name Amen
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by ShenTeh(m): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2023
GOTVee:

Describe to me in one sentence how he cannot win if you vote for him?

It is POssible.

1 Like

Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by Timekeeper452: 11:53am On Feb 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

the bandits can display 50 million naira new cash, but that’s not enough to buy votes in 36 states. Each politician needs about 50 billion naira in cash to buy votes, something this new naira will stop.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by fridayking(m): 11:58am On Feb 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

Oga suffering no dey do you..
Fidelity no dey hide new note...

Say something else
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by PointZerom: 11:59am On Feb 06, 2023
Asabe4:
The fact that this policy makes these people uncomfortable is all I need to support it.

It is good sign...Bubu and Meffy must not back.
down

These criminals are the real cabals, Buhari is really dealing with them.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by PointZerom: 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

What your bandits displayed are arrangee notes. We can't be Fooled.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by Munamu: 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

..and how many politicians can afford such an amount? CBN only disbursed 300 billion . We obedients are happy about this, at least people will think before voting another calamity.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by Housing(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
NLStalker:
I can't still debate the strike... But who in his/her sanity will say fuel price doesn't directly affect Nigerians? As in... Are you alive?

The fuel scarcity is fluctuating and doesn't has a direct impact on every Nigerians, because increase in price of commodity is not going to be felt by everyone immediately, but the Naira scarciity has both direct and immediate impact on every sectors of the economy and the general populace.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by highness25(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
Ezeama400:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/06/breaking-kaduna-kogi-zamfara-govts-drag-fg-to-supreme-court-over-naira-scarcity/
I can't believe I just paid 4k at a POS stand for 20k. I have 16k left inside 20k. May it not be well with Emiefele
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by buhariguy(m): 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
nedekid:
Na wah. What is with this apc and naira redesign? Are they the only party? Is apc the opposition?
yes fighting for the masses. while the opposition supporting ruling party anti people policy.
no be juju be that
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by nnewsnjobs: 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
This new naira policy is really hitting hard on politicians, they are using the masses to cover up their own.

Imagine a politician that took a long period to keep funds up to 500million and above at home, now they are finding it difficult to even have 100million.

Their major problem is that election is at hand and they need these money to buy vote.

Some of them find it very difficult to sleep because of this issue and we will be thinking that they are fighting for the masses.

Why are they not taking federal government to court because of high fuel price and fuel scarcity that started before this naira note issue.

Very simple, the fuel issue doesn't affect them at all because most government house have fuel dump somewhere meant for their use only.

Left for me, I will urge Bihari to continue with this naira policy and ask CBN to put every means possible to ensure that the money is not given to the politician but rather they should find a way to make sure it circulate to the masses.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by Sunnyski: 12:15pm On Feb 06, 2023
Buhari and Emefiele if you men back down from this policy may your generation die by fire accident.

The dead line must stand.

We move!
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by drlateef: 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
zoedew:
Desperate politicians stranded for cash to buy votes.

You are a very wicked soul, just like Obi your leader in wickedness. You prefer people to die of hunger because you want Obi to have a evil advantage to winning the election. Are you not ashamed? Politicians will never be affected by this policy. Its the common man that this policy is designed to punish and cause hardship on, so that they can angrily vote out Tinubu. It will not happen. God does not support wicked people.
Re: 2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign by NLStalker: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
Housing:

The fuel scarcity is fluctuating and doesn't has a direct impact on every Nigerians, because increase in price of commodity is not going to be felt by everyone immediately, but the Naira scarciity has both direct and immediate impact on every sectors of the economy and the general populace.
oga, go and rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP House Of Rep Aspirant Among Arrested Robbery Suspects Paraded In Ekiti / In Pictures: Obasanjo Unveils ‘my Watch’, Awaits Public Responses / Buhari To Flag Off G-Money In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.