Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

What's Your Take On This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Take On This? (189 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Take On This? by Penwielder: 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
"Heaven helps those who help themselves", the old truism reads.
However, some argue that heaven can only help those who can't help themselves. If one can help oneself, why does one need heaven's help? Sounds logical, right?

Personally, I believe both arguments hold depending on what angle you're looking at it.

What those who propose the former idea mean is that in spite of a man's prayers and dependence on Providence for help, if he does not take the necessary actions expected of him, he's likely going to fail. Of course, this is true. The man created by God is an elevated and powerful being, blessed with a wealth of abilities and an unfathomable mind. Research upon research have shown the unlimited possibilities open to the human frame. God only steps in when humans have reached their wit's end, and are at the end of themselves. We all have a part to play in our own success, and until we have done this to the best of our abilities, we give God no room to act, no raw material whatsoever to act with, nothing tangible to bless.

Those who say heaven help those who can't help themselves are equally right. This is a thing of mindset. Some folks are so confident in their own selves, abilities and wisdom that they feel they don't need God's help. These ones, God indeed will not help. But those who are humble and meek in attitude, realizing that regardless of how strong and powerful they're, they still need divine help, God will always come through for them.

You see, it's a thing of attitude and practice. I do all the best I can, but with the mindset and attitude that I still need heaven's help. Only then will I have good success.

Do not forget that success doesn't entirely depend on a man's efforts. There's always that inexplicable factor, that uncontrollable force. Men have a dozen names for it: luck, chance, fate, destiny, Providence etc. Believe it or not, it sure exists. So if we are to succeed, we must understand the need for us to play our role while still meekly welcoming divine help.

I am #Penwielder and I'm interested in seeing you become the best version of yourself.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Penwielder: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
To get more value, follow me on WhatsApp:

https:///penwielder

And Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100045563449794

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/02/2023 / Bola Ahmed Tinubu God Choice And New President-elect Of Nigeria / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 18/03/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.