Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Should Prayers Be Said In Every Situations - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Prayers Be Said In Every Situations (205 Views)

Could My Prayers Be Working Against Me? / When To Be Silent In 20 Situations / 48 Striking Things Nigerian Prophet Said In 2020 New Year Prophecies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Prayers Be Said In Every Situations by patrickonyeka(m): 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
This write up comes as a result of the post i saw recently on Instagram about a woman who was praying for NIGERIA and unknown figure giving her PVC.

πŸ‘‰Here is the link to the post and the post itself---

Link to the post- https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn09t27gfII/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Post-

πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
Right now even God will want you to leave everything you're doing and go collect your PVC. Do I still need to remind you how powerless your prayers are without Faith and how faithless you are without doing the work?

For your prayer to be effective, Faith and work must be on ground.

Some of us have prayed through out the 8years of this administration for things to get better. Yes, that was faith. Now it's time to do the work so that our prayers will start working.

I am not saying you should stop praying oh, but please stand up and go get your PVC. You can still be praying while you're waiting to get itπŸ€—.

God has placed everything we need to create a better Nigeria in our hands and yes, we have all it takes to enact change.

Have you got your PVC?

If not, what are you waiting for?

Let's create this change we seek together.
Now's our chance!

Remember, INEC no dey count prayer points ooo.

Go get your PVC and Vote wisely! 😊

If you read the above post and the related image to the post about prayer and PVC made by chikaonuu(instagram name) you could notice that he was actually saying the truth.

Am amazed by what this gentleman was able to illustrate using this image and he also backed it up with a nice writeup by saying this -

In his words: "Right now even God will want you to leave everything you're doing and go collect your PVC... For your prayer to be effective, Faith and work must be on ground."

In this write up i will be focusing more on the woman in the image who didn't make some findings but went straight to prayers.

If you check the image very well ,you could notice she was after the following prayer point-

1. GOD END INSECURITY

2. GOD PLEASE HEAL OUR LAND

3. FUEL SCARCITY SHOULD END

4. GOD PLEASE RESTORE PEACE

The shining figure hand in the image can depicted to GOD giving her PVC to vote than just using faith and prayer at this hour of her situation.

Work have to be in place for us to have a new Nigeria.

Sometimes we just have to understand the situation and study it before going in to prayers. Every prayers have a particular notion or purpose.

Rational thinking should be applied in some situations.

This is where the -
THE NOTION BEHIND PRAYERS AND RATIONAL REASONING comes in.

Let get some definitions of these terms -----

PRAYER

According to wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer

Prayer is an invocation or act that seeks to activate a rapport with an object of worship through deliberate communication. In the narrow sense, the term refers to an act of supplication or intercession directed towards a deity or a deified ancestor.

RATIONALITY

According to wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationality

Rationality is the quality of being guided by or based on reasons. In this regard, a person acts rationally if they have a good reason for what they do or a belief is rational if it is based on strong evidence. This quality can apply to an ability, as in rational animal, to a psychological process, like reasoning, to mental states, such as beliefs and intentions, or to persons who possess these other forms of rationality.

πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

With the prayer and rationality (rational thinking) definition we are good to go for more explanation.

πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

Africa is the perfect example to show that prayers are completely useless in reality for some situation.

Making reference to the post by the said person i was captivated by this few lines

a. God has placed everything we need to create a better Nigeria in our hands and yes, we have all it takes to enact change.

b. Have you got your PVC?

c. If not, what are you waiting for?Let's create this change we seek together.

d. Now's our chance Remember, INEC no dey count prayer points ooo.

e. Go get your PVC and Vote wisely! 😊

Rational thinking with application from critical survey like

A. What is the cause of the situation ?

B. How did we get to this point ?

C. Why is the situation like this ?

D. Do will need to change power ?

E. What has this situation done to fellow Nigerian ?

F. Are our fellow Nigerian happy on the situation in the country

A rational being and also a realist we have to used the above steps to know how to handle such situation by simply getting your PVC and make that change will all planned for.

At least the above analysis from A-F can cover 65% of the occurrence of that situation.

If the above A-F is not proved beyond reasonable doubt then you can start committing the situation to GOD for him to intervene.

Imagine if the woman that was praying effortlessly find out it was actually her own PVC that could count on that day of the election, she herself will know she played her right to vote for who she feels should be the one to change NIGERIA.

But if she didn't do so and still continue with the prayer putting faith and no work to back it up, She could be devastated and say stuff like this in her mind " i did all this with fasting and prayer "

The notion of a prayer should be defined in the following ways-

a. If the situation is extraordinary and is beyond human reasoning. Here extraordinary situation requires extraordinary effort to intervene or to be intervene by the intervener (GOD)

b. If the situation is beyond rational and critical thinking analysis as i stated in A-F above. Therefore extraordinary situation requires extraordinary effort to intervene or to be intervene by the intervener (GOD)

c. If the situation have been confirmed from expert/professional that is beyond their control so we can attribute it to GOD for intervention.

According to the gentle man who posted this,he said something that touched me also ---

""" Some of us have prayed through out the 8years of this administration for things to get better. Yes, that was faith. Now it's time to do the work so that our prayers will start working. """

How do will do that work?

Answer- Effect your prayer by doing this

a. GETTING YOU PVC

b. VOTE YOUR CONSCIOUS

CONCLUSION

This post is directed to " All Nigeria " in general context.

Nigerians sometimes needs Action, dedication, discipline, hard work, commitment, patriotism, good deeds, transparency, right choices, fairness, honest leadership that is corrupt free. These are things that work and uplift a nation, not prayers.

In chikaonuu(Instagram name) word --

"" INEC no dey count prayer points ooo. ""

πŸ‘‚COMPETING INTERESTS

1. I declare that I have no personal attack on religious persons that has inappropriately influenced me in writing this post. I wrote this based on my observations about the high rate in which some individuals do PRAYERS for things that are logical to understand, reasonable and provable if rational thinking is applied.

2. I have no personal attack on any individual who is religious in certain ways that is reading this post in terms of those who indulge in such prayers during such situation.

3. This post is a personal research conducted and carried out for the purpose of disseminating knowledge to most people that the notion of a prayer should be defined before embarking on it.

4. My own opinions were put into consideration. So, by no means, anyone's throat is forced with an identity that am making reference to him or her or neither this post is recruiting people to join any group to go against such persons who indulge in such prayer without proper clarification of the situation.

5. The post is not a political or religion one that may ignite any problem now and also in the future. The post is about a critical analysis of an image and how it relates flour current situation in Nigeria.

QUESTION FOR MY READERS AND VIEWERS

Do you agree with the post if not state your reasons?

Written by

Kogwuonye Patrick Onyeka

Writer/Blogger/Educator/Tutor

Face book pages:

Patrickstoriesventures.com

Feminism in Nigeria Environment- FINE.

Patrick Stories

Credited to :

1. Those who don't judge a situation at first sight but reconsider it by using rational and critical thinking even up to second and third sight(observation)

2. Chikaonuu (Instagram name) who gave me the inspiration using the said image he posted on his platform.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

12 Prayer Points You Should Say Before Sleeping Tonight For Protection / Yes Theebless Is A Member Of The Pyrate Contraternity Aka Seadog's / Those Who Have Ears, Let Them Hear!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.