Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. (591 Views)

Did You Have A Defining Moment Or Experience In 2022? / A Past Event Between An High Rank Nigeria Army At The Embassy / About Biafra ,click & Read About Nnamdi Kanu Charges In Court Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2023
This might be quite lengthy, but hopefully it deters anybody anticipating or thinking of going into crime even a bit of it.

You won't appreciate that freedom you have until you loose it to be carried off in the back of a congested rickety Black Maria enroute jail.

Enjoy..

3 Likes

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by HumbleTrader: 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hard work pays.

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
Okay, waiting on your article
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by gaby(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Oracleee:
This might be quite lengthy, but hopefully it deters anybody anticipating or thinking of going into crime even a bit of it.

You won't appreciate that freedom you have until you loose it to be carried off in the back of a congested rickety Black Maria enroute jail.

Enjoy..

Where am? Abi the Judge change him mind?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Have never been to a live court case before though I'm a big fan of Court cam on YouTube also paternity court and couples court by the Cutler's. But I always read online and also my elder sister is a barrister so it helps when she relates so funny cases about stolen goats in magistrate court.

Part of my Japa requirements is to certify my transcript in an high court and I did everything to avoid it but it was an impasse. I had to leave for the high court in my home state very early today so I could meet up as I could guess how annoying court clerks could be.

After making payment to the state government account and encouraged the two clerks in a jiffy they were up and down for my case making sure the director of litigation stamps and sign in a jiffy. And boom, I saw a old green semi pick-up so to speak with folks inside. Folks jam-packed with handcuffs
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
One of the clerks caught my attention and chipped in eh. I asked her what was happening and she was like they are remanded accused who were brought in for trial. I asked the clerk If I could witness the trial and she said it starts in 30mins so I could. She led me to the hearing and I took my seat among other folks. Most of them family of the accused or just defendants anticipating justice. I found a comfortable seating among one beautiful young lady who told me she's a law student on internship. In a while court clerk stood up and muttered something's while everyone stood up. Na him I follow stand. The decorium in the room spoke out volumes and for once I understood that man in that black overall and sheep hair on his head is about to determine alot about grown men's future here.

Tbc
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by olasaad(f): 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Following smiley Yoruba will say Olohun ma je ka ri ejo cheesy
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
The atmosphere was tense and the judge is a man in between his 50s and 60s. He had a moustache and also a low cut. Just a regular kinda person. Looking back at the extreme end lies 4 rows of Anglican Church chair and those folks in handcuffs were there looking as innocent as me.

First case

The court clerk murmured certain things again and read some excerpts from a file. Two boys between the ages of 15-17 to me were led to the Accused dock there handcuffs already removed. They were remanded in jail September 2020 for stealing a bike at knife point and since they couldn't fulfil there bail conditions they have been in jail ever since. The case was tried and argued back and forth and the government provided a lawyer for them as I doubt those boys are even from my part of the country talk more of there folks knowing they are somewhere awaiting trial. The judge about giving his verdict said he has a son of there age group in the university studying to becoming a doctor and his heart bleeds to see boys there age standing trial for armed robbery. He asked one of them what qualification he has and dude said I no go school, the other said primary school, I was quite emotional. Judge maintined he has enough evidence to throw them in jail for as much as 20 years as he has been in the professional of doing such for over 30 years. He also asked if they were first time offenders which the boys couldn't comprehend. The judge just shook his head in saddom and said he wished there is a law where parents go to jail with there kids na there I laugh but I compose as to be hold in contempt fear me. Judge asked one of them what he will like to become and dude was like Doctor. Na there everybody laugh for court I hear ORDERRRR. He asked the other one and dude said I go learn mechanic. The judge really gave a parenting advice to everyone around in raising kids And stressed why you shouldn't have kids you can't raise and it was time for sentencing.

Everywhere quiet.

To b C
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by akwesenana: 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
Following. All my years in street i never sleep police cell talkless of going to court. Although benin vigilante don blind my eye and break my leg.
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
Continued.

The judge started reading the sentence and he said the boys were proven beyond doubt to be guilty of the charge but something makes him want to give them a chance to live hopefully they won't return to a court for sentencing. He looked at this boys who shook there head and one of them was already teary. To tell you guys the truth it, Was the moment of Truth even me wey no be accused was feeling somehow. Oha judge finally delivered his verdict that because they are first offenders and young men who he believes will make something better out of life some days he is sentencing them to two years with credit to time served.

That means the boys were granted freedom as September this year will make three years of them in jail. The reaction in the court room says it all. The boys were happy after the Judge hit the gavel abi what's that small hammer called. Alot of women there were also happy and praying for the judge. Even I looked at the boys and was like men una parents dey pray well o. So far so good, it was not a professional judgement but a great one. I heard court Arise and we all stood up while the judge retired to his chamber in preparation for the 2nd hearing.

Between this time, alot of people were talking and I asked my newly found friend the next thing, she said paper work and the release of the boys.

The Second case.
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2023
Continued...

Shortly after the recess, court came into session again and we all stood up to welcome the god of the moment. After the usual tradition and that unpleasant quiet, the clerk stood up and read the second case. The dude was charged with rape, Rape is a very very tough one to prove and a very smart lawyer would even find it hard his ways around it from what my sister used to say, the dude was already tried once and the case was deffered because of lack of evidence and dude was released on bail.

No doubt dude was well to do from his well starched Guinea buba and sokoto. He also had a good wrisrwatch to match alongside a nice half shoe with a nice Gucci logo embroided on it. A well combed hair also said it all and his past bail from the court clerk reading was meant which is 250k alongside a Level 14 federal officer with two landed property in the state. No doubt dude is good to go and the case will be a walk over. My friend further said he was there the last time dude came in for questioning and he knows his onion apart, the prosecutor couldn't even bring forward a fact.

Case started and the prosecutor started cross examination. The Accused lawyer vibrant gan even me was like this one na walk over until the prosecutor brought out medical evidence. A federal hospital in the state duly signed by the cmd came a medical assessment report. Part of it was a vagina tear, sign of bruises on the lady's upper body, and the guys Dna could be identified In her. I just thought to myself what if the guy na aggressive baba on bed. The evidence turned around the case and for the first time the accused lawyer sluttered as he wasn't expecting that. Oga lawyer tried arguing the vagina tear and even used his wife as a case study and he was like because she do have vagina tear is it safe to say he raped his wife,. Oga prosecutor was like only your wife can answer that and if he does, I will be happy to have you stand over there pointing to the dock. Everybody laugh And I hear ORDERRRR. Even judge grin.

To be contiu
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 8:04am On Feb 08, 2023
Continued...

The lady in question was brought forward for questioning and she maintained she was raped my the said guy who is a neighbour for over a year. She explained how on that said day he came to his apartment which wasn't weird as he visit often and even the dude was an admirer. She explained how the devil took hold of him and started forcing himself on her while she pleads for him to stop. She said she resisted it till the end and that made him angry and he left. The testimony was implicating and further questions by the prosecutor really put the man away.

He was asked if at any moment of the act the lady said NO or even struggled and the dude admitted yes but foolishly said you know how ladies can say No and mean YES. Everybody was like Ahhhhh. Again the shout of ORDERRRR rented the air. The prosecutor on making the dude admit she said NO at some point rested his case and there was little to nothing the defendant lawyer could argue. After what seem like a rollercoaster, Judge cleared his throat and the dude was visibly shaking this time as he had sweat on him already. I made up my mind asap any lady I wan do must sign an undertaking before the act in a printed form as to me I feel dude didn't see it as rape but it was raped since he admitted the lady said NO at some point. Dudes family were almost wailing as they knew power don change hand. And there goes the judge.

The verdict.

After back and forth the judge was like It's proving beyond measure he raped the lady, judging from medical evidence and his own admission of thinking a lady meant Yes while saying NO. The judge also gave advises to us men in the house on how we should be careful as sex could destroy a man like it's about doing to Mr .......... I heard a bit of sobbing from dude at this point. And judge continued, this is my judgement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 08, 2023
Oracleee:
Continued...

Why the suspense? How many years did he bag?
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
Continued....

The judge told everyone seated rape is a capital offence that carries a big sentence even in some countries death. He furthered stated the dude seems unshaken by the allegation and if not for the medical evidence and his own testimony of the lady saying he could have made free with such major offence rape. He said he will use the guy as a case note to us men in the house how rape can be disastrous not just to the victim but also the Victor. He told the guy he won't be seeing another lady to rape for a long time and he finally told the guy he could have sent him to life imprisonment for his sins but he won't. He finally gave a verdict and sentenced this dude coming from home to 35years imprisonment.

The wailing was unreal as I heard arise court!! Dude started screaming and sobbing mehn...... Even myself felt it. Some few hours ago he was a free man just because of a stupid libido dude will be incarcerated for 35 years. The wailing was unreal his family members were screaming JESUS JESUS JESUS see oga judge just retired to his chamber.
A prison staff moved forward with handcuff and I felt it at that moment. Dude came in jolly and happy with all sort of swagger now going back in such torment. If he had the choice of never moving close to any lady for the rest of his life I doubt he won't hug the easier devil. I just shift away from the law student lady beside me before I hear our dna accidentally jam. Dude was moved to the other side of the court housing the remanded folks.

Third case.

Before this, dear men, please the sex is not worth it, take heed lest you fall. If you ain't married avoid it or make sure you take necessary precaution. Reality is a bitch.

Now third case.

3 Likes

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
Olasyke:

Why the suspense? How many years did he bag?

A bit busy I dropped the dude's verdict already.

1 Like

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Great update. Please keep it up.

Damn, 35 years in prison? He's done for.
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 5:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Olasyke:
Great update. Please keep it up.

Damn, 35 years in prison? He's done for.

Funny thing is he was on bail before and he never saw it coming. As a fact his plan was everything was gonna be a walk over. You needed to see how great he looks and I suppose he even drive himself to the court that morning.

Ladies get power

1 Like

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oracleee:

Funny thing is he was on bail before and he never saw it coming. As a fact his plan was everything was gonna be a walk over. You needed to see how great he looks and I suppose he even drive himself to the court that morning.

Ladies get power
In his next life, he would learn to control his konji.
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
Third case.

Shortly after the Rape case, Order was restored and the family of the guy sentenced for rape were out of the court room and baba was left alone all to himself that the third case commenced.

Third case was quite disheartening a dude obviously from a rich family made a few bad choices and he was left alone to pay the price. His parents money couldn't even save his ass that much.

Background, Dude was in a private university in the state capital. The place also housed other Schools which was owned by the state government a polytechnic and other universities. The private university pays alot and I doubt how the boy was able to sneak out in the first instance. Dude started migling with other poly boys and State University boys and those ones saw an ATM and omo baba olowo. Shortly after, he was introduced to cultism and he joined even though he was a 300l Economics student an had no reason to even associate with em. From so called freedom fighters, they started alot of thugggerish act and from there to full blown crime. The one that brought him to court was Armed jacking of a 2008 Corolla and the stabbing of the pregnant lady inside who quite gave a resistance. From what we could decipher, The dude's parents were like he drives a better car at home and he happens to be the only son so he has all the benfit to all their cars irrespective.

After the jacking and stabbing, the lady was left to bleed and die unknowingly, the car had a tracker and security. The stabbed lady was able to get a cross to her hubby who immediately swung into action and used the security to halt the car alongside making his wife into an hospital for hee wounds. The car was tracked to the parked place which was a neighbouring state and dude was seen with the car. Na so he was arrested he couldn't provide the other members of the so called Freedom fighters as they deserted him to his destiny. The stabbed lady was made to identify her and she did and since then, the dude's family as been pushing buttons to just make him out of the predicament.
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by yomi007k(m): 6:37am On Feb 09, 2023
Baba. Thank you for the information.

This is front page material and you should do this often because you are indirectly making the world a better place.

God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2023
yomi007k:
Baba. Thank you for the information.

This is front page material and you should do this often because you are indirectly making the world a better place.

God bless you sir.

Amen. Will update it later on by night.
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Kujo(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
Please move to front page
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 7:22am On Feb 10, 2023
Continued....

Dude can't be above 22 years maximum but he had this big body that makes him look a bit more mature for his age. Even though the parents did everything within their means to quench the fire of the case the victim of the crime wasn't having it and decided to pursue a court case and no matter the victimization or words herself and her hubby won't flinch.
The case started and in a jiffy witnesses were brought forward who were supposed passerbys as the dude didn't plead guilty so will be getting tried for his crimes. The Two witnesses who saw the whole scenario furthered identified dude and also claimed three other guys were present and after the crime was carried out the shout of rented the air where shots were fired to make everyone scamper for safety. whereas, the woman was in the pool of her own blood. It was from the argument I realized the law doesn't identify cultism as a crime but they will be tried based on their actions as the whole thing was inconsequential from the way the defence lawyer argued against the witness statements. Case was argued back and forth and a witness was presented from dude's school to prove he was in the hostel the day the crime was carried out and even though the car was seen in his possession he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. It was obvious the dude's family paid a veteran lawyer as the case was been twisted retwisted and further complicated.

The prosecutor brought forward the school porter where the dude school and was cross examined him in lieu of dude been in school in the day of the crime and oga porter tries saying yes but he was obviously not well harmed in the game of wit so he was fidgetting the counsel further told him if he knew lying under oath is a criminal case in the court of law and he can be subjected to time in jail, na xo baba said he wasn't the one on duty in dude's hall that day. Judge just looked on and jotted out something down. Next person that was Cross examined was dude himself but before that, it was obvious the prosecutor we're loosing the case.

Dude was asked series of questions, and some were implicating which is attorney objected to him answering. And back and forth the case was just so complicated. Dude was finally asked if he was the one that stabbed the lady or did he know who did, baba was like he wasn't in did he know who did dude went mute. He won't bulge a bit. Back and forth, Judge had enough already and was like after listening to both sides of the argument, The case will be adjourned to so so date to allow both counsels do more dilligence search and know their onions better but between now and then, Dude is to be remanded in a correctional facility pending the adjournment. Ariseeeeee. We all stood up and dude was placed in cuffs. His parents were pissed with the remandment but Aunty's family were like God will judge you and started cussing out. See wahala. Good thing court was out of session.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 7:23am On Feb 10, 2023
Fourth case later on.

1 Like

Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
I'm enjoying these enlightening stories. Keep it coming bro.
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oyetboy(m): 9:13pm On May 25, 2023
Oracleee:
Fourth case later on.
When are you going to update this thread?
Re: My Life Changing Experience In An High Court Today. by Oracleee: 2:47pm On Apr 05
Later got to know through my law student friend that dude was discharged and acquitted. I suppose money changed hands or judge couldn't find enough evidence to nail dude after so called witness.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Newbie On The Block / Intercontinental Bank Test Format / Welcome Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.