Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) (1153 Views)

Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? / 6 Skills That Are Tricky To Learn But Will Pay You Off Forever !! / 10 Tricky Interview Questions And How To Answer Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by BritishAirways: 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
There is something that is bothering me.
In April 2022, i was looking for a house to rent. I met a caretaker who told me i should be patient and wait till a particular tenant moved out. The House is a face me i face you. a single room
On May 2nd, the tenant moved out. During the same month (MAY) i paid for the single room.
3000(rent per mnth) x 12 =36000
caretaker fee = 20000
light = 1200
totaling = 57200

i begged the man that the agent fee of 20k was almost the price of the house rent.
i pleaded with him to please take 10k/15k but he was adamant.
Fast forward to today, we saw each other and asked if I will be willing to renew my rent.
Jokingly, I asked if he was chasing me out of the house.

I told him, my rent will be due in May, since I made my payment in may 2022.
He laughed and asked if I checked the receipt he issued. Honestly i haven't had a reason to check the duration written on the receipt all this while until the concern of affording to pay the second rent.
He did the calculation that its 12 months if we count it from May 2022 to April 2023 and not May to May. That if we count May2022 to May 2023 that will make 13months.
i was thinking i could still buy time to sort the rent out but i feel the caretaker is ripping me off based on the month calculation apart from the high agent fee. How can i win the month based calculation to get some extension into May
Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by gaby(m): 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lol

So many people make this same mistake.

The caretaker is right...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by Namkbank: 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
oga oo so your rent and agent fee no even reach 100$ cheesy
weldon oo Alpha male.

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by illicit(m): 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
The caretaker is very correct

4 Likes

Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by FromZeroToHero(m): 2:44am On Feb 08, 2023
Your rent will be due by April ending, so you are expected to pay by 1st week of May

1 Like

Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by DesChyko: 9:41am On Feb 08, 2023
A year is 365 days mostly. Count 365 days from when you paid and that's when your rent expires.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by thachosen: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2023
Namkbank:
weldon oo Alpha male.
Must you talk
Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by ThugOfWar: 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
It's a game of technicalities. All caretaker play that game.

You should have negotiated with him that you will move in late and write the reciept accurately counting from may 2022 to may 2023.
Find money renew the rent but this time pay attention to the reciept
Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
You are the one that you want to rip your landlord off his legitimate income.
BritishAirways:
There is something that is bothering me.
In April 2022, i was looking for a house to rent. I met a caretaker who told me i should be patient and wait till a particular tenant moved out. The House is a face me i face you. a single room
On May 2nd, the tenant moved out. During the same month (MAY) i paid for the single room.
3000(rent per mnth) x 12 =36000
caretaker fee = 20000
light = 1200
totaling = 57200

i begged the man that the agent fee of 20k was almost the price of the house rent.
i pleaded with him to please take 10k/15k but he was adamant.
Fast forward to today, we saw each other and asked if I will be willing to renew my rent.
Jokingly, I asked if he was chasing me out of the house.

I told him, my rent will be due in May, since I made my payment in may 2022.
He laughed and asked if I checked the receipt he issued. Honestly i haven't had a reason to check the duration written on the receipt all this while until the concern of affording to pay the second rent.
He did the calculation that its 12 months if we count it from May 2022 to April 2023 and not May to May. That if we count May2022 to May 2023 that will make 13months.
i was thinking i could still buy time to sort the rent out but i feel the caretaker is ripping me off based on the month calculation apart from the high agent fee. How can i win the month based calculation to get some extension into May
Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by Namkbank: 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
thachosen:

Must you talk

Are you an alpha male? When your mates are living in 2 bedroom flat, you are struggling to raise chickens change that is not even upto common 100$. Yet you people come here and claim alpha male. Male without bale

1 Like

Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by checkmatez: 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Na this thread we go take know people wey no do NYSC cheesy
Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by BritishAirways: 9:17am On Feb 09, 2023
Namkbank:
weldon oo Alpha male.
all fingers are not equal. just because i cant afford 100 dollar today doesn't mean i wont have it in the future.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by Gift96: 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
op its when you count 7 days that you arrive at 7days.
but when counting 12months, you cant arrive at the same month,

i am also looking to raise my rent.
may the most high make things easy for us
Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by BritishAirways: 10:56am On Jan 23
Ehen
Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by Rubyjade: 11:14am On Jan 23
There's a 3 bedroom apartments 500k per annum in Ajuwon
10 minutes to Ikeja
5 minutes drive to Berger
Call Elvis +234 703 536 4744
This is direct to the landlady
Re: Landlord Palava ( Tricky Calculation) by BritishAirways: 5:01pm On Feb 19
Rubyade:
There's a 3 bedroom apartments 500k per annum in Ajuwon
10 minutes to Ikeja
5 minutes drive to Berger
Call Elvis +234 703 536 4744
This is direct to the landlady
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Ptdf Graduate Scholarship Forms.any Info? / Just Got A Job In Nib(citigroup) / Any News From Spring Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.