Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe (2624 Views)

EFCC Probes Akpabio, Pondie Over Diversion Of Public Funds Allegations / Two Kwara Female Commissioners Exchanged Blows Over Diversion Of LG Fund / FG Secures Senator Nwaoboshi's Arrest Warrant Over Diversion Of N3.48bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by sarrki(m): 1:14am On Feb 08, 2023
Sheriff Almuhajir
Sheriff Almuhajir
tiamin rice
nnpc
The managing director of the Yobe Micro Finance Bank, Sheriff Almuhajir, has alleged that the sum of N4.3 billion approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, for banks in Yobe State has been diverted elsewhere.

Mr Almuhajir made the claim in a video posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday.

“My people of Yobe State and Damaturu in particular, I want to tell you that I got reliable information that the Central Bank of Nigeria, Damaturu Branch, has brought N1000 denominations of 4.3 billion naira to Yobe State,” Mr Almuhajir raised an alarm.

ad
“More than N700 million of the amount was meant for POS agents. But the question I want to ask then is where are these monies?

“I can authoritatively tell you that N4.3 billion was not shared in Yobe state.

“I can also tell you that we don’t have N1 billion of the new currency in circulation in this state. What is the population of the Yobe State?

“How many commercial banks do we have in this state. How many ATM machines do we have?”

The microfinance bank CEO argued that even if the ATM machines would be dispensing cash every minute, the amount could not be withdrawn in a week.

“Even if the ATM machines have been dispensing cash every minute between last week and today, I can assure that we have not withdrawn N1 billion in this state.

“We saw how people sleep at ATM machines. There has never been a time when you don’t see people in long queues at ATM points.

“It’s pathetic that we have got to a stage where children can’t go to school, small business owners have closed shops all because there is no cash at hand to run the business. The poor man’s life has been made difficult,” he said.

Mr Almuhajir accused some managers of the commercial banks of diverting the funds out of the state.

“I insist that these monies are not in Yobe State; if you’re in doubt, prove me wrong. Show me where they are kept. Or in whose possession they are, the people that got the money.

Mr Almuhajir added that even the state government can’t boast of having N1 million naira in cash in its possession.

“I am very optimistic that these monies were diverted out of the state and we won’t accept that.

“Even though I am aware that investigation is ongoing, we want stakeholders to come together and find out where the monies were taken to. Because the monies were never dispensed to our people.

“How can a very few people hold us to ransom? We can’t even pay for little things.

“We don’t even have up to 50 ATMs in the state, so how can people withdraw N4.3. billion in a short period of time?

He chastised the commercial banks, saying some Points of Sale, PoS operators provide better service than some of the banks

https://dailynigerian.com/bank-raises-alarm-diversion/

2 Likes

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by WhizdomXX(m): 1:18am On Feb 08, 2023
Pdp and apc, Una wadoo.

3 Likes

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by yarimo(m): 2:08am On Feb 08, 2023
TINUBU let laugh at people that thinks it is affecting you only

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Adaisback(f): 2:12am On Feb 08, 2023
It is finished. Almajiris will soon rise and everybody's sense go reset by force. There was once a country indeed
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 08, 2023
sarrki:
Sheriff Almuhajir
Sheriff Almuhajir
tiamin rice
nnpc
The managing director of the Yobe Micro Finance Bank, Sheriff Almuhajir, has alleged that the sum of N4.3 billion approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, for banks in Yobe State has been diverted elsewhere.

Mr Almuhajir made the claim in a video posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday.

“My people of Yobe State and Damaturu in particular, I want to tell you that I got reliable information that the Central Bank of Nigeria, Damaturu Branch, has brought N1000 denominations of 4.3 billion naira to Yobe State,” Mr Almuhajir raised an alarm.

ad
“More than N700 million of the amount was meant for POS agents. But the question I want to ask then is where are these monies?

“I can authoritatively tell you that N4.3 billion was not shared in Yobe state.

“I can also tell you that we don’t have N1 billion of the new currency in circulation in this state. What is the population of the Yobe State?

“How many commercial banks do we have in this state. How many ATM machines do we have?”

The microfinance bank CEO argued that even if the ATM machines would be dispensing cash every minute, the amount could not be withdrawn in a week.

“Even if the ATM machines have been dispensing cash every minute between last week and today, I can assure that we have not withdrawn N1 billion in this state.

“We saw how people sleep at ATM machines. There has never been a time when you don’t see people in long queues at ATM points.

“It’s pathetic that we have got to a stage where children can’t go to school, small business owners have closed shops all because there is no cash at hand to run the business. The poor man’s life has been made difficult,” he said.

Mr Almuhajir accused some managers of the commercial banks of diverting the funds out of the state.

“I insist that these monies are not in Yobe State; if you’re in doubt, prove me wrong. Show me where they are kept. Or in whose possession they are, the people that got the money.

Mr Almuhajir added that even the state government can’t boast of having N1 million naira in cash in its possession.

“I am very optimistic that these monies were diverted out of the state and we won’t accept that.

“Even though I am aware that investigation is ongoing, we want stakeholders to come together and find out where the monies were taken to. Because the monies were never dispensed to our people.

“How can a very few people hold us to ransom? We can’t even pay for little things.

“We don’t even have up to 50 ATMs in the state, so how can people withdraw N4.3. billion in a short period of time?

He chastised the commercial banks, saying some Points of Sale, PoS operators provide better service than some of the banks

https://dailynigerian.com/bank-raises-alarm-diversion/
Goofs
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by ozo13(m): 3:29am On Feb 08, 2023
FATHAT:

Goofs
hmmmm
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by limeta(f): 3:45am On Feb 08, 2023
Senate president Mumu Lawal and supreme Court judges got the money.

1 Like

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by royalamour(m): 3:47am On Feb 08, 2023
Nigerian politicians.

1 Like

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Qtrpst4: 4:17am On Feb 08, 2023
So you are saying that tifnubu took the money like he always does

yarimo:
TINUBU let laugh at people that thinks it is affecting you only

8 Likes

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Naijanascam: 4:23am On Feb 08, 2023
Even small pikins know where the money goes and the people holding them............

Evil and wicked people everywhere..........

1 Like

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by tuborme: 5:00am On Feb 08, 2023
Hmm
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Cantonese: 5:07am On Feb 08, 2023
“ We don’t even have up to 50 ATMs in the state, so how can people withdraw N4.3. billion in a short period of time”.

Which kind state be that? And yet they boast about landmass and population everyday in the north. Abeggii.

7 Likes

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Almaigaa: 5:17am On Feb 08, 2023
Adaisback:
It is finished. Almajiris will soon rise and everybody's sense go reset by force. There was once a country indeed

Chibuzor calm down. The North is not Igbo Land.

1 Share

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by ScamHunter: 5:33am On Feb 08, 2023
Heading to one politicians house or to BH base

1 Like

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Coolsperm: 6:25am On Feb 08, 2023
Why is Tinubu so desperate? Tinubu stole big money Tru bullion van during last election and yet he wants to steal again by all means

3 Likes

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by unclejb2(m): 6:43am On Feb 08, 2023
ICPC and EFCC must swing into action and arrest the culprits.

No vote buying this time around

2 Likes

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Praxis758: 6:45am On Feb 08, 2023
A black man raping and sabotaging the system will call it blessing while the victims will celebrate and call him a successful and smart man.

5 Likes

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Fibonacci88: 6:52am On Feb 08, 2023
Lies. How much new notes was printed that uobe will have 4bn. Urchins keep hitting up the society with sensless message hoping election is postponed or new naira design is suspended. I guys have failed already.
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:02am On Feb 08, 2023
Go government house for Kano go search am.
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by udeh3(m): 7:41am On Feb 08, 2023
Nigerains are becoming sensitive... We can no longer be deceived

1 Like

Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by mytime24(f): 7:46am On Feb 08, 2023
Nawa
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Houseofglam7(f): 8:14am On Feb 08, 2023
🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by saysoo: 8:22am On Feb 08, 2023
Cantonese:
“ We don’t even have up to 50 ATMs in the state, so how can people withdraw N4.3. billion in a short period of time”.

Which kind state be that? And yet they boast about landmass and population everyday in the north. Abeggii.
more than 85% of the people are unbanked. I know a village market that can trade 1b naira every two days market.
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by MrEverest(m): 8:27am On Feb 08, 2023
Tinubu has become an existential threat to the well-being of 200 million Nigerians. Okay, I understand that arresting this crook will make his brothers see him as hero but we can't continue taking all his criminal tendencies queitly.

Tinubu should be under 24 hours survelance, including anybody around him!
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by slivertongue: 8:28am On Feb 08, 2023
How true is this story? So many unbelievable stories.
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:29am On Feb 08, 2023
This is for those who think Emefiele is their problem.
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:31am On Feb 08, 2023
Praxis758:
A black man raping and sabotaging the system will call it blessing while the victims will celebrate and call him a successful and smart man.
Black men like n3tral, while lexy2014 is on the other thread asking me stupid questions.
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by lexy2014: 8:49am On Feb 08, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Black men like n3tral, while lexy2014 is on the other thread asking me stupid questions.

Maybe if you ask yourself half of the "stupid questions" I asked you, you won't end up making ambiguous claims that you can't defend.

I was curious to know the bank MD making the allegations. A microfinance bank MD.

Since you invited me to join in the discussion, let me ask you who diverted the N4.3b meant for yobe state and where was it diverted to?
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by lexy2014: 8:50am On Feb 08, 2023
Coolsperm:
Why is Tinubu so desperate? Tinubu stole big money Tru bullion van during last election and yet he wants to steal again by all means

How do you know that it's Tinubu that took the money?
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by ORIENTATION101: 8:54am On Feb 08, 2023
Fibonacci88:
Lies. How much new notes was printed that uobe will have 4bn. Urchins keep hitting up the society with sensless message hoping election is postponed or new naira design is suspended. I guys have failed already.
Jmeffy said 300b have been printed, 1.9tr old notes have been withdrawn, there is still 900b old outside the bank
Re: Bank MD Raises Alarm Over ‘diversion’ Of 4.3billion New Naira Note Meant 4 Yobe by Adaisback(f): 9:05am On Feb 08, 2023
Almaigaa:

Chibuzor calm down. The North is not Igbo Land.
okay sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Currently Leading LP In Akwa Ibom State / Peter Obi Wins Portharcourt city lga- Rivers Presidential Election / Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.