Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges (33556 Views)

How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? / FCTA Bans POS Operators From Residential Areas / CBN To Clamp Down On Illegal PoS Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Delicious22: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2023
Theo001:
lolzzz your ass outside 😂😂why don’t you go and withdraw your money from the ATM ? .....you brainless animal in for m of human
U don dey throw insult like who no get sense. shows you are pained. Playmaker is dealing with you
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by SouthSouth1914: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
Buddha3:

I suggested that a compilation of POS stands be done for Emefiele or I replied to the dusty content of your fat filled brain when you opened your smelly cranium to insinuate that there's no way the Apex bank can withdraw licences because they don't know the existing POS operators in Nigeria?

You're an even bigger fool than I thought!

Even if I presumably suggested that a compilation be made and forwarded to Emefiele, I'm very much in line because the CBN holistically oversees all financial and economic dealings in the Country. For somebody who's too moronic to know that POS stands don't just exist around the street corner but are approved by super agents who are licensed by banks and other financial institutions, I'm not surprised you can be so dense with your assertions.

See the donkey wey dey talk about simple economics grin! Bastard is even not ashamed to exhibit his illiteracy in public by downplaying Chinese products. This one doesn't even know China runs or is directly involved in about 20 percent of the world's economics, if not more.

Stupid Bororo Camel!

What a swine and a birdbrain! If you decided to be a dumbo for life, that is your case. China is known for producing substandard products first, before anything. Back to simple economics, you need to go back to school. I doubt if you had the opportunity to attend any classroom.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

What a swine and a birdbrain! If you decided to be a dumbo for life, that is your case. China is known for producing substandard products first, before anything. Back to simple economics, you need to go back to school. I doubt if you had the opportunity to attend any classroom.

You're right.

You're the one who attended the best schools money can afford yet you don't know that POS businesses are licensed by financial institutions. Your education was a waste.

Stupid Idiot.. grin!
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Solababa91(m): 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Clamp down on POS operators is not just enough, those selling it to them too should share out of whatever penalty meted on them especially Filling stations.
PlayMaker14:
I support the CBN on this one.... They should not just withdraw their license, but also throw some of them into prison and use them as a scapegoat.

Country Bad, Country Bad, but you still dey press your fellow citizen for neck, looking for ways to extort each other.

If you check those POS agents giving this ridiculous charges, they always look unkempt, lack courtsey and look stupid.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by superCleanworks(m): 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
Skankamola:
Who is responsible for the shortage of cash in the first place?

so that means we should eat each other.
instead of eating the people causing us pain we turn around and eat each other.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Alliswell248: 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
U would soon be tired.....
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Oluwaseunbandur: 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:
I support the CBN on this one.... They should not just withdraw their license, but also throw some of them into prison and use them as a scapegoat.

Country Bad, Country Bad, but you still dey press your fellow citizen for neck, looking for ways to extort each other.

If you check those POS agents giving this ridiculous charges, they always look unkempt, lack courtsey and look stupid.

Nigerian govt like chasing shadows, it's not the pos fault, was it like this before?? This pos vendor do go extreme miles to buy this monies from conductors, agberos that deal with cash, even filling stations and u can't expect them to buy naira and charge normally, it's not possible, they have to hard there profit to it, remember there's no job and many of this POS vendors have to do anything to keep there bussiness going, infact many have short down there bussiness.
If it is easy, go and join 5hrs ATM queue for 10k let's c
This pos rise in price is just like buying black market fuel. If there's no scarcity, u can't find them . Thanks
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
Operators(individuals on the streets) or services provider(the paga,opay and other banks)which one
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by legacybalo: 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
Yes o..those people get grudges...they should banish them.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by imagrg(m): 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
Some Nigerians thrive on the exploitation of others, women especially.

Imagine that!

Man's inhumanity to man!

On Sunday they would go to Church to offer such ill-gotten money as offering.

God will punish all fraudsters and POS operators who make life miserable for others in Jesus Name!
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 1:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
Were they given license in the first place

So if you did not give it what do U want to withdraw

Anybody can get pos for his or her business and they pos can also be use for pos business

CBN mob 2.7tr as at last Sunday and only printed 900bn in an election period that politicians need all the cash they can get is a policy that will guarantee public unrest and protest but unfortunately the same CBN is now going after POS and banks for its own policy failure

CBN should accept its policy failure and work a good solution not going after POS and banks
Oga talk like an intellect naw....
haba.. wch kind careless talk b ds??
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by emmanuelbrown26: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Yu no dey reason

Another batified bastard urchin spotted and added to d list

@Moh247 TinubuAdvocate Freestuffsng Leodeking PandoraObi lhordpsy Abdul05 Throwback Batified2023 Biodun556 Roboto11 Ireportlive. Roboto11

Are y'all really ready to fly
The heat is on
Are y'all really ready to die
The heat is on
Have your mother ready to cry
The heat is on
Huh
The heat is on
You know
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by emmanuelbrown26: 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
SunMusk:
Some family re not eating Mr man, it may seems to you like a joke but that is the reality on ground. If you want to stop politicians from buy vote this is not the way to do it. All Nigerians is asking for if you say u will only allow 20k withdraw. Make the cash available. You can't withdraw 20k from morning until night. And you re list kidnapping and the rest who told you thy re not killing and kidnapping.. is bcs the noise of the hardship is bigger that is why you re not hearing those atrocities. All newspaper, radio is naria.... Where was Buhari since he was in government?? Don't be deceived. You think if it is Goodluck that is president, will you not have seen protest all over the country by the opposition ?? The North favour their son, in as much as Buhari is bad. This naria situation is worst than when Goodluck remove subsidy and people can't travel back after the Christmas and New year celebrations. But no northern is protesting. There is no logic or explanation in this wickedness from Buhari govt.
I perfectly understand ur angle, but there are questions begging for answer which people are not ready to answer.
Where were d governors during d Endsars and Lekki massacre?
Where were they when inflation started?
When ASUU was on strike for 8 fucking months?
Just name them
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by SenatePresdo(m): 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:

Where do you think those POS agents get the money from?
Or do you think they walk into the bank, and the money will be given to them?

They fucking Buy money, 100k for 120k.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Sleekfingers: 1:46pm On Feb 08, 2023
tommykiwi:
How will the CBN know those doing so from their office.

Whistle blowers will feed them with information.....

I don't patronize those greedy POS operators. And I can never ...
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by 7arrows: 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/cbn-to-withdraw-pos-operators-license-over-high-charges/

CBN GOVERNOR is as confused as the Syrians. The failed banking system gave birth to POS operations. That's a fact. If the banking system works properly along with the atm machines who would use the POS services? Emefele is a confused slowpoke. He should be in jail for this direct hardship he imposed on NIGERIANS.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Pengician(m): 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/cbn-to-withdraw-pos-operators-license-over-high-charges/

If we are to depend only on banks, do you know how many people would have died of hunger?

CBN is not being reasonable.

They should make the new notes available to banks and they should monitor to see if the branch managers are selling out the cash or not.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Melodydoctor: 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Pack up and go nah, you greedy cockroaches!

How can you be so greedy that you have no conscience hitting your fellow countrymen that have already been trampled upon by the venal and devilish politicians?
I don't run a POS business. I also withdraw from POS and I'm not happy either. But I think it is an option to collect money from them. Why can't we boycott POS and go straight into the battle for cash ourselves if it is easy to make the sacrifice?
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by superCleanworks(m): 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Where do you think those POS agents get the money from?
Or do you think they walk into the bank, and the money will be given to them?

They fucking Buy money, 100k for 120k.

why should they be buying money?
what are they promoting by buying money?
why should they buy money if their intentions are not for evil?
tomorrow they will complain of corruption.
they should all be jailed.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by SouthSouth1914: 2:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
Buddha3:

You're right.

You're the one who attended the best schools money can afford yet you don't know that POS businesses are licensed by financial institutions. Your education was a waste.

Stupid Idiot.. grin!

Your idiocy keeps rising to astronomical levels. How would the CBN curb POS excesses? Or issuing banks will go from area to area? Or they keep going from one POS point to another? When the solution is simple just the availability of cash!

Your low mental capacity is quite intriguing! I am ashamed engaging you in this argument. I am sure your folks would be too seeing your hullabaloos!
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Meto1234(m): 2:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Make cash available for the mass first.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by BreconHills(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:

Who is pressing the common man's neck? Is it the person who created the choke point or the person exploiting the choke point? The answer will always be the first or both.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Your idiocy keeps rising to astronomical levels. How would the CBN curb POS excesses? Or issuing banks will go from area to area? Or they keep going from one POS point to another? When the solution is simple just the availability of cash!

Your low mental capacity is quite intriguing! I am ashamed engaging you in this argument. I am sure your folks would be too seeing your hullabaloos!

grin grin

So in that your coconut head, you don't know there are avenues for the general public to report misdemeanours of POS operators to their parent body or the Apex bank? A simple email to the financial institution from that android phone you're using to express your buffoonery, carrying photo evidence of the receipt with those exhorbitant charges, is enough for the CBN to know erring operators. All it takes is for the bank to receive a handful of those complaints, one of which I sent last week on behalf of a friend, and that's enough to give the bank the needed information as to whose licence needs to be withdrawn or suspended.

But you're here disgracing yourself with your very crude sense of reasoning.

You're officially Nairaland's Village Idiot.. grin!
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by emmykk(m): 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:

CBN can't implement such threat because how will they know what a POS agent is charging? When they can't even implement distribution of new note.

Beside if POS business is stopped who do you think will suffer the most.It is the masses.

When everything was in order POS charges were fair but now they bought 100K cash for 110K and sell at 120K.

It is the duty of CBN to make the money flow before fighting pos agents.

If Banks are paying over the counter at and the ATM is dispensing cash,there is no POS agent that will charge much when he knows that the next POS agent will charge less and go to bank and get new withdrawal to vend when he or she is still with his high charges.

We should leave pos agent out of this ,if you cannot patronize them because of high charges go to the bank and queue
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by SouthSouth1914: 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Buddha3:

grin grin

So in that your coconut head, you don't know there are avenues for the general public to report misdemeanours of POS operators to their parent body or the Apex bank? A simple email to the financial institution from that android phone you're using to express your buffoonery, carrying photo evidence of the receipt with those exhorbitant charges, is enough for the CBN to know erring operators. All it takes is for the bank to receive a handful of those complaints, one of which I sent last week on behalf of a friend, and that's enough to give the bank the needed information as to whose licence needs to be withdrawn or suspended.

But you're here disgracing yourself with your very crude sense of reasoning.

You're officially Nairaland's Village Idiot.. grin!

It’s shame your brain is full of relaxer! A kindergarten would know that the simple hike in cash caused the spurious avalanches of reactions. Haba, your dumbness knows no bound! Your parents must be gnashing their teeth at your stvpidity. What a waste of sperm..
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by SenatePresdo(m): 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
superCleanworks:

why should they be buying money?
what are they promoting by buying money?
why should they buy money if their intentions are not for evil?
tomorrow they will complain of corruption.
they should all be jailed.

Banks are not giving out cash, both Old or New currency.

Many people are stranded.

POS agents buy their money from third party, and you expect them to give it out at normal charges?
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

It’s shame your brain is full of relaxer! A kindergarten would know that the simple hike in cash caused the spurious avalanches of reactions. Haba, your dumbness knows no bound!

You're a village pig with a dusty brain.. grin!

And I'm so ready to dance in the mud with you today. Why are you trying to remind everybody of something that is already general knowledge? Scarcity of naira resulted in sharp practices by POS operators...ehe?

The apex bank has threatened to go after POS operators who exploit Nigerians, by withdrawing their licences. And your single digit IQ convinced you to call Emefiele a dunce because according to you, it's not possible to know all the POS outlets in Nigeria. Now that I'm gradually schooling you on the folly of that first statement, you're deviating to something entirely unrelated to the subject matter.

You should be sold to Nicaragua as a slave cause your kind of brain is certainly going to be an embarrassment to even Fulani herdsmen!
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by SouthSouth1914: 2:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
Buddha3:

You're a village pig with a dusty brain.. grin!

And I'm so ready to dance in the mud with you today. Why are you trying to remind everybody of something that is already general knowledge? Scarcity of naira resulted in sharp practices by POS operators...ehe?

The apex bank has threatened to go after POS operators who exploit Nigerians, by withdrawing their licences. And your single digit IQ convinced you to call Emefiele a dunce because according to you, it's not possible to know all the POS outlets in Nigeria. Now that I'm gradually schooling you on the folly of that first statement, you're deviating to something entirely unrelated to the subject matter.

You should be sold to Nicaragua as a slave cause your kind of brain is certainly going to be an embarrassment to even Fulani herdsmen!

Closing down POS outlets is not possible. Listen you dunce, first you are neck deep in Emefiele’ ass. Secondly, the Naira hike is like the fuel hike. Simple economics you can’t even comprehend. Having a shortage of money in circulation, which increases the value of that money and, in turn, reduces prices; etc. You attack POS operators when in truth you denied them of cash, yet you complain of the hike in price. You mumu is too much and have affected your brain capacity you can’t read between the line!

If there is too little money in the economy, people don't have excess spending money, and there is little economic growth, or no growth at all. Emefiele don’t know how POS operators source for money hence he cannot control the price hike! Unless more money are pumped back into the economy, I doubt if he can control the price wavelength. The same goes for fuel, and so on. Emefiele’s days in the banking sector is seeing to a close. You and Emefiele must think like a clown, throwing the baby with the bath water. Double mumu

Please learn a little economics before engaging me further. Birdbrain
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Bananapill: 3:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:

Shut up your mouth. Aboki get access to new notes and selling 10k with 2k charges. Wetin una know? CBN give POS operators money through the banks?
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by PlayMaker14: 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Bananapill:

Shut up your mouth. Aboki get access to new notes and selling 10k with 2k charges. Wetin una know? CBN give POS operators money through the banks?
You ended up barking.... Nothing meaningful in your comment.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Closing down POS outlets is not possible. Listen you dunce, first you are neck deep in Emefiele’ ass. Secondly, the Naira hike is like the fuel hike. Simple economics you can’t even comprehend. Having a shortage of money in circulation, which increases the value of that money and, in turn, reduces prices; etc. You attack POS operators when in truth you denied them of cash, yet you complain of the hike in price. You mumu is too much and have affected your brain capacity you can’t read between the line!

If there is too little money in the economy, people don't have excess spending money, and there is little economic growth, or no growth at all. Emefiele don’t know how POS operators source for money hence he cannot control the price hike! Unless more money are pumped back into the economy, I doubt if he can control the price wavelength. The same goes for fuel, and so on. Emefiele’s days in the banking sector is seeing to a close. You and Emefiele must think like a clown, throwing the baby with the bath water. Double mumu

Please learn a little economics before engaging me further. Birdbrain

You ignorantly started an argument and when you realised your idiocy was being laid bare for the world to see, you deviated and decided to reel out half-baked details on an unrelated issue, just to save face.

Where in all of my submissions have I asked you about the reasons for money scarcity? Do I look to you like your regular nairalanders who lack the requisite information as regards the workings of our very dysfunctional society? Instead of you to keep quiet and take needed corrections, you're salivating everywhere and typing lengthy epistles that are of no relevance to the subject matter.

Calling you a cow is an insult to even Buhari's 150 barren cows in Daura... grin!
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Charly68: 3:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
Better send DSS after them ..one of them collected 2000 for giving me 10000
today.. they wont die well with their colaborators

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Abdulmunafi Sarina Rides A Motorcycle To His Farm In Kano. Photos / Oluwatoyin Subair: The MD Of HITV Shares His Touching Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.