Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Will Diaspora Voting Stop Vote Buying - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Diaspora Voting Stop Vote Buying (164 Views)

Senate To Introduce Diaspora Voting / Osun Election: It Is Not Our Duty To Stop Vote Buying, Says INEC Commissioner / Buhari: I’m Not Against Diaspora Voting If NASS Supports It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will Diaspora Voting Stop Vote Buying by lorenzobanks(m): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2023
Nigeria is a great country with different tribes and cultures. But, I realized that we have a Northern Muslim versus Southern candidates. I realized, the northern leaders uses the falsely population figures to cajoled our leaders and their people in the south. But, I realized one thing that they fear the most; the Diaspora vote. Why are the northern leaders afraid of Diaspora votes? According to financial bodies in Nigeria; diaspora remittances is a huge source of foreign exchange in the country. They contribute more to our growth in the country. So, why are the northern leaders stopping the diaspora vote from occurring? We need to discuss this issue to stop vote apartheid of diaspora citizens.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/2/nigeria-senate-rejects-diaspora-vote-special-seats-for-women
Re: Will Diaspora Voting Stop Vote Buying by Moye715: 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
lorenzobanks:
Nigeria is a great country with different tribes and cultures. But, I realized that we have a Northern Muslim versus Southern candidates. I realized, the northern leaders uses the falsely population figures to cajoled our leaders and their people in the south. But, I realized one thing that they fear the most; the Diaspora vote. Why are the northern leaders afraid of Diaspora votes? According to financial bodies in Nigeria; diaspora remittances is a huge source of foreign exchange in the country. They contribute more to our growth in the country. So, why are the northern leaders stopping the diaspora vote from occurring? We need to discuss this issue to stop vote apartheid of diaspora citizens.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/2/nigeria-senate-rejects-diaspora-vote-special-seats-for-women

How will diaspora voting stop vote buying? If you love the country come home and vote. So called diaspora voting shouldn't even be discussed by Inec.
Re: Will Diaspora Voting Stop Vote Buying by lorenzobanks(m): 2:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Moye715:

How will diaspora voting stop vote buying? If you love the country come home and vote. So called diaspora voting shouldn't even be discussed by Inec.

You're so insensitive. Diasporas should come back home before contributing to their country of birth. See, Senegal practice diaspora voting why Nigeria can't? Why can't BVAS operate at all Embassies all over the world. Change this your mentality.

(1) (Reply)

2023 Delta Elections: INEC, Fully Set To Conduct Free, Credible Elections Say / Politics / Obasanjo Speaks On Alleged Plot To Scuttle Nigerian Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.