Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline (22425 Views)

FG Insists On February 10 Deadline For Cash Swap / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 / Raise VAT To 15%, Remove Fuel Subsidy, IMF Advises FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Connected1: 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
adamawa:
Why is CBN causing hardship to the public for selfish reasons? The commercial banks do not have any cash available. CBN purposely causes suffering for the average man. Most banks are closed because they do not have the cash to pay out. Let the CBN make available to commercial banks the value of new notes as well as what the banks pay out on a daily basis. It is not the CBN's responsibility to control rigging; rather, it is in charge of monetary policy.
Who told you that Commercial Banks don't have money to disburse?

I feel like slapping some of you on this platform, you all sit at the comfort of your homes and start saying rubbish.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Babaken(m): 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
fxexperts:
You do you mean well for yourself?
I don't have time for urchins
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Babaken(m): 3:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Does Africans mean well for themselves?
Africans mean well for themselves the western are only using the greedy politicians to achieve their aims.
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Babaken(m): 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nasir123:

You, you mean well for Africa?
if you don't I do cuz I don't have any other continent to call my own.
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Sleekfingers: 3:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Babaken:
Africans mean well for themselves the western are only using the greedy politicians to achieve their aims.

Africans always looking for excuses to blame the west for their greediness and stupidities.....
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by shimolv: 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by ada9ja(f): 3:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
Putindbutt:

You Obi supporters are barefaced liars, even Obi himself supported the deadline and asked Nigerians to bear the inconveniences for future economical and political benefits. Almost all Obi supporters, despite the hardship, are in support of Emefiele. In fact, Buhari whom you have hated for 8 yrs suddenly become your hero.

U still be mumu

U didn't listen to him or read from him

He agreed with the design which is common in every country but he didn't agree with he method and he advice CBN on what to do. Ur demented brain full of hatred could not allow u reason well

Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by prettyliz(f): 3:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
EcoBrick:

https://punchng.com/new-naira-imf-advises-cbn-to-extend-february-10-deadline/
APC the party that sets a law and still fight against the law they set😕😕
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Putindbutt: 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
ada9ja:

U still be mumu

U didn't listen to him or read from him

He agreed with the design which is common in every country but he didn't agree with he method and he advice CBN on what to do. Ur demented brain full of hatred could not allow u reason well
Mgbeke, oya read and rest. I return all the insults on your father.
https://www.nairaland.com/7555353/peter-obi-backs-new-naira

Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by ogatboy(m): 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2023
Tareq1105:

Tell me how naira would gain strength against the dollar when you're currently using Naira to buy Naira? Or how do you describe being charged #1,000 to get #5,000 by POS operators?
Your economy theory is not applicable.

So the simple way naira will gain strength is because many politicians that have money (old naira) will have to dispose it (it will be useless), they would have to change the foreign currency stached to naira for elections hence, dollar will flood the system, naira will be scarce and then they will change at lower price.

For the agents charging 1k for 5k, it has to do with normal Nigerian greed of exploitation. Simple solution, government should promote E-naira.

The benefit of the policy is enormous. Short term pain for long term gain. If this policy is does not go forward, expect dollar to get to 1k
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by AutoConsult: 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
reiddecuti:
So many things going on wrong that should have set this country on fire te-te.

I doubt if this one will cos Nigerians are too docile. That's why there leaders give them steady shit back to back and nothing happens.

So you prefer Nigeria to be on fire
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Charly68: 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
Any advise from IMF is a disaster
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by AutoConsult: 3:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ologundudu2020:
Extending means the suffering is for nothing
The suffering should never have happened in the first place. I wish they meant well with the plan. We all supported it, but since we've seen they are trying to weaponise it, I don't care if they end the policy.
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JREMEqXSpGA

nlfpmod, Skydancer, Erad, Cao, Mkmyers45, Dragnet, Twinstaiye, Mikuz, Nex, Osystein, mynd44, Tjskii, Olawalebabs, seun, Obinoscopy, mukina2, Lawyer, FarmTech, Briareos, Obinnau, Divepen1, RoyalRoy, Pavore9, Prof800, CrazyMan, FOD, Ben13, Dani1luv, Sissie, Uboma, Rocktation, Richiez, farano, Justwise, oam4j, Honsule, lalasticlala, Airmark, Odumchi, Marpol, Semid4lyfe, DisGuy, Bigfrancis21, Davide470, 1forall, R231 and dominique.
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Austin4lif: 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
tommykiwi:
Is better CBN keeps to that date.
If You are a business man, u won't be saying this. U think this will end corruption on Nigeria,?
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by jelel6: 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ologundudu2020:
Extending means the suffering is for nothing

What's the suffering originally for, if I may ask? Some average politicians vying for president?
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by olumide4christ: 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
SenatePresdo:
That means all the sufferings since January this year about this currency redesign has become useless.

What's the point?

Emefiele should disobey this court order.

Bros...the suffering has already become useless and meaningless right from day 1.
The new notes are already in the hands of the politicians...naira re-design can never and will never stop vote buying by politicians in this country.
Those who say Naira re-design will stop vote buying and those who agree to it are the most ignorant and politically naive people in this country right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Tareq1105: 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
OkutaNla:
Na only Atiku (PDP), Peter Obi (LP), and their people no gree get sense and align with the masses on the subject matter. I recall that when the new notes were first introduced, the same saboteurs were complaining about its 'poor' design, its 'inferior' texture and what not. The moment Tinubu voiced his opinion about the politicization and poor execution of the policy, them change mouth. God save us from those emergency patriots, especially the former Biafrans and their acolytes.

Tinubu pass them all.

It's only Obi supporters that believed that it's only Tinubu that keeps money.

Atikulooooter cannot deny it. Obi cannot deny it. Kwakwaso cannot deny it. Governors of the 36 States cannot deny it. Politicians don't go to bank. But they are all creating impressions of only Tinubu and only Tinubu.

All politicians Including Obi have money at home but their gullibility wouldn't allow them to reason well. Tinubu remain their father for ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by tommykiwi(m): 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Austin4lif:
If You are a business man, u won't be saying this. U think this will end corruption on Nigeria,?
Understand my stand on this issue, since we have up till now, God will definitely see us thru it. Giving further extensions will not change anything either.
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by SenatePresdo(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
olumide4christ:

Bros...the suffering has already become useless and meaningless right from day 1.
The new notes are already in the hands of the politicians...naira re-design can never and will never stop vote buying by politicians in this country.
Those who say Naira re-design will stop vote buying and those who agree to it are the most ignorant and politically naive people in this country right now.

It won't stop vote buying in Subsequent elections, but you see this particular one? It will reduce vote buy by 80 percent.

Imagine who had 20 Billions of old currency in cash, now having only 3 billion of new currency? How does he intend to buy votes across the country?

It will affect them by over 70%.

And we need it to affect them for about 30%, and they will lose the election.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Mylove55(f): 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Babaken:
As if they mean well for Africans.
but you're destroying yourself,
Or is imf supporting the suffering? No
But you and your fellow pitiable obi.diot are happy for the suffering of the masses
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Mylove55(f): 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Connected1:

Who told you that Commercial Banks don't have money to disburse?

I feel like slapping some of you on this platform, you all sit at the comfort of your homes and start saying rubbish.
because you're a fo.ol
Cbn said they printed 300b, and to mopped 2trn,
Is that equal.
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by hassana728: 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2023
APC acting as an opposition party...APC acting as an opposition party......
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by SIRAO(m): 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
EMPEROROFDONBAS:
your same juju APC appointed the Dillard
PDP via Jonathan appointed him first
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by shimolv: 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Tareq1105: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
RichDad1:
Good. But one Okoye from Onitsha thinks otherwise.

By now, emefiele and his gang of saboteurs should cover their eyes in shame.

Obi is either a pretender or he knew next to nothing to know the economic impact this crisis had caused families and the nation.

Students are at home bcoz no cash for taxi fare.

You queued up since morning and where you're lucky to get to ATM machine, you can only get #10,000.

Bank transfer not going.

In all these Obi, bcoz of his mental laziness and hypocrisy, said we should bear with CBN. He cannot talk bcoz he cannot see beyond his nose.

Even Tinubu of the ruling Party cried out and Buhari had no choice than to add 10 days. IMF vindicated Tinubu position and whether Buhari like it or not he must add more days.

And all his obi-idiots think the policy would stop Tinubu from spending on election matter.

Mention any contestant that would not spend on election day?

We no dey give shishi but they've started spending millions.
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by ada9ja(f): 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Putindbutt:

Mgbeke, oya read and rest. I return all the insults on your father.
https://www.nairaland.com/7555353/peter-obi-backs-new-naira

Let me return the insult more to ur stupid mother wey no let u go school

He agreed on the design but advise CBN or more efficient way to do...olodo

U guys are acting as if is the first time there are changing money in this country but this is different cos it comes with agenda and he advice them with a fact that changing of currency is inevitable in every country in the world. Mumu son
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by orisa37: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
ILL ADVICE.
THE PROBLEM IS THE INADEQUATE SUPPLY OF THE NEW NAIRA NOTES AND EMEFIELE'S CONFUSION AND GIBBERISH ON THE SITUATION.
Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by Bigchristo: 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
Tareq1105:

Commercial banks are not hoarding anything. The money is not there. A banker just spoke with me now. He didn't go to work bcoz they don't have Cash. They were asked to stay at home until they get supply from CBN bcoz they might be attacked at work. Check round and tell us on the platform how many banks in your area open for business.

He said they used to load #80m on all ATM machines for weekend alone but received only #25m since last Thursday, that's a week now.

Emefiele is mad.
what do you have to say about this? Shey you insulted Emefiele to be mad! Without thinking about how banks are frustrating the process, Those banks EFCC&ICPC have bursted hoard 258 million this one again do 300m those banks knows what they’re doing don’t expect them to tell you anything

Re: New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline by professorPABX: 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
Corrinthians:
I can't imagine what Igbos would have been saying right now if Emefiele were a Yoruba man. Omo!!!

If Emefiele had been a Yoruba man he would have been sacked by BUHARI. All the efforts of Elrufai, Bello and the Zamfara are part of APC plans to protect Emefiele and Buhari.

I remembered Kemi Adeosun Saga. A former NYSC Director, an IBO man was the person that carried the matter as if he was fighting Biafra War. They invited a former NYSC Director an Hausa man, he tried efforts to defend Kemi Adeosun, the IBO man (former NYSC Director) was making noise.

Ajaokuta Kaduna Kano (AKK) Gas Pipeline projects was awarded to an IBO. An IBO got =N=85 billion Census project. If these projects were awarded to Yorubas, the IBO lamentation will make the projects to be cancelled. I am doing this for reference purpose in future.

I know, if Emefiele were to be a Yoruba, he would have been removed. Buhari would have used him as a scapegoat to save himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Labour Party Crisis: Obi Hints At Dumping Party / The Moment Buhari Called Tinubu “Mr President” in Bauchi (Video) / INEC Declares Senator Wamakko Winner Of Sokoto North Senatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.