Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners (408 Views)

Fubara Sent People 2 Burn Rivers Assembly Complex, Raised Ethnic Politics - Wike / 2023: Obi Introduced Religious, Ethnic Politics In Nigeria – Chimaroke Nnamani / Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by Flathead8: 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Reports quoting Shettima as saying d North isn't supporting him b/c he's Kanuri are misleading. Never said that. He only implied Atiku's ppl say he's Kanuri in order to "other" him but that there's no difference btw Kanuri,Hausa,&Fulani b/c they're united by Islam&intermarriage.

He said Mamman Daura's father, Dauda Daura, who was a title holder in Daura, had a Kanuri ethnic heritage; that Buhari's mother was Kanuri; that d Musa Yar'adua family are also Kanuri; and that he, too, has Fulani bloodline. The Yar'adua bit isn't true except I misheard him.

The Yar'adua family are actually descended from Tuareg immigrants to Katsina in the dim and distant past, but they are, for all practical purposes, Hausa, although I won't be surprised if they do have some Kanuri filiation through intermarriage. I do, too, through my mother.

lhordspy
FreeStuffsNG
Abdul05
drlateef
satan06
DevilAdvocate
I8Xtians
PandoraObi
heliues
omenkaLives
omenka
LeoDeKing
Ayamed
seunmsg
sarrki

TheChameleon
OsunOriginal
ATLIEN2027
Moh247
KingKO22
itstutsi
Zulum500
ASAPFERG
yarimo
JAMO84
JoshTim
TheNiceGuy
KingKO22
drlateef
Pakute
Adaisback
LegendHero
Banbutton
Thinkam
ipobarecriminals
Officialgarri
Cromagnon
BATified2023
Softmirror
ifihearam
Godispeace
SWATMan
Peepydelano
Madridguy
igbotormentor
Okealaaye
Mccullum
idealogical
Honourable1901
CoronaVirusRelo
Zulum500
Praktikals
undisputedKOC
burp18
Ireportlive
leokid866
assholemods
Pandev
brainpulse
GeneralPula
JAMO84
Obaofaba
idealogical
KingKO22
peepydelano
QuotaSystem

https://twitter.com/farooqkperogi/status/1623176384683048960?t=Hcvuxk2vrkZYyB0tTjM8Yw&s=19

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by donphilopus: 2:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
When I saw the thread where they claimed Shettima was saying the northerners are not working for him, I didn't bother to click on it because I know he was misconstrued.

The Hausa/Fulanis are overwhelmingly supporting Tinubu. If the literates and semi-literates could still be supporting Tinubu the way they're doing now, that means those who don't have access to the internet amongst them would be far more in number.

Las las Tinubu would win this election.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by christistruth01: 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
Can you say the same about Religion
Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
How can one even contemplate supporting a man who can't even lift his dick to pee to become president? grin

2 Likes

Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Tribe or region doesn't matter.

All Nigerians want Atiku, APC will receive fire

1 Like

Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by TechW: 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Who in his right sense of mind would vote for a man that is suffering from dementia as a the president.

2 Likes

Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by ican2020: 3:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Shettima The wicked soul is not needed in national politics, he should remain in his home state with his wickedness

2 Likes

Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by Ezeama400: 3:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
donphilopus:
When I saw the thread where they claimed Shettima was saying the northerners are not working for him, I didn't bother to click on it because I know he was misconstrued.

The Hausa/Fulanis are overwhelmingly supporting Tinubu. If the literates and semi-literates could still be supporting Tinubu the way they're doing now, that means those who don't have access to the internet amongst them would be far more in number.

Your desperation to take advantage of high level of illiteracy in the core North will surely end in tears ...

Remove your hope from the north so that you won't have heart ache when the reality comes..
Atiku is a powerful northern politician from the north..
Same way you feel disgusted when someone says Atiku will will Osun and Oyo SW PDP states, is the same way Fulanis feel bitterd when you start saying Tinubu wi win APC controlled northern states...

Shettima who's a core northerner told you the reality on ground, you said you won't belive him, that you love swimming in the ocean of delusion

1 Like

Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by faceland: 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Very weak excuse.

They want him to share money and they also just recognize Atiku more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oiBji53jeM

The only Kanuri I would run away from are the very uneducated once (those dark and tall makes that looks dirty) simply because of the high probability that they might be Boko Haram.

No one is discriminating against him based on his tribe.
Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by faceland: 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2023
donphilopus:

⬆️⬆️⬆️
Tatal bullshit...

The support is for Atiku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oiBji53jeM

Those without internet can not even pronounce the name 'Tinubu' property.
He shared his cap amongst the very poor small businesses like sheo shinner and fruit sellers, they can't even read or under the implications of what they wear and some removed it after understand what it meant and see low patronage from those like me who find such symbol offensive.

As a non Muslim, I would not support a selfish politician that is setting the foundation for Muslim domination in high political positions for his selfish aim (when he can't even recite the most common and basic Quran verses). A candidate that literally poop on himself (to the extend that his bodyguard is covering his nose).

1 Like

Re: We Don't Do Ethnic Politics Among Northerners by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nigerians would never allow Pablo Escobar and Osama bin laden to take over the mantle of leadership at aso rock.

(1) (Reply)

Read Watch Senator Shehu Sani Thinks About The 2billion Rumor On Peter Obi. / Funsho Williams: A Servant Leader Worthy Of Emulation / This Election May Be Postponed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.