Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters (31869 Views)

How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust / How Emefiele Moved Shady ₦400 Billion To Monguno’s Office - Sahara Reporters / How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Enemyofpeace: 11:09am On Feb 09, 2023
We are nothing but thieves in the eyes of the laws
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by zoraro(m): 11:10am On Feb 09, 2023
All I want to say is that, I have hope for this our country if men like Gudaji Kazaure truly exist in the National Assembly.

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by mrkia(m): 11:12am On Feb 09, 2023
Hnnnn!!! It getting interesting!! This man's own tragedy will definitely worst pass than that of Alison M.

But the man will surely do everything to frustrate Tinubu's chance of becoming the President of Nigeria because he knows should Jagaban win.... To say the man is in trouble is an understatement.

But Godwin Emefiele no be Allah....
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by broadman20: 11:22am On Feb 09, 2023
Bebigiby:
Lol innocent man?... Wow.... It would've been better to remain silent than to make such statement.... Yes Buhari is the president but the CBN is statutorily independent under the law... Emefiele is responsible for his actions as the CBN governor and he is not above the law.... He has violated his mandate, he should resign and submit himself for investigation over these criminal allegations....

Just listen to yourself!

Is Buhari there for fancy?

You appoint someone and you don't have control over him again?

I sincerely pity your reasoning.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by chymeze: 11:59am On Feb 09, 2023
ican2020:
You cowards should leave him alone cause he is just carrying out instructions from his boss

Instead of talking to the president these wicked souls from hell keeps on opening threads after the other just to spin same trash about innocent man doing his job

Go and arrest him evil souls
Since when did the president become the boss of a CBN governor? Please get your facts right. In principle, the CBN is not under the control of the presidency but is an independent institution. Not even a sitting president can remove a CBN governor without the national assembly. You can however say that practically anything goes in this lawless country Nigeria
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
HNICEARTH:
One thing is certain, Buhari's regime will go down as the most corrupt regime nigeria has ever had

really wait till Tinubu becomes president, Nigeria would be sold our to the 1%

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
maasoap:

Dunce! That's exaggeration

Some exaggerations are uncalled for mumu
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
franchasng:
No be so them talk about Good Jonathan?

Once they see Niger Delta people in position of authority, their tribal prick begin to erect foolishly shocked

Hmm
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by HNICEARTH: 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
Heathrow44:

really wait till Tinubu becomes president, Nigeria would be sold our to the 1%

I dont even want to imagine that
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Penguin2: 1:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
Bebigiby:
I doubt both of you read the post.... It is strange that we politicize issues even to our own detriment. What does these revelations have to do with Tinubu? Read your comment again below and see how ludicrous you sound.... Next time try and read the post before you comment...

I read everything in the post, ok?

But unlike you, I’m not deceived by the trash written therein.

Ask yourself, why has nobody ever heard of these allegations against Emefiele until he decided to change the Naira notes?

Did these things happen yesterday? No.

So, don’t expect me to join in shouting “crucify Emefiele” because of some politically motivated bulcrap.

Thank you.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Unclesamo(m): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
Thanksful:
Sahara can lie eh. How can an individual be richer than a country in that same country? Haba

Very possible in Africa.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Spandau: 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

Emefiele is their daddy🤣

If una like, cry from today till thy kingdom come, Emefiele will not remove his legs from Tinubu’s scrotum 😜.

The next thing now would be to get Buhari to sign an Executive Order to ensure that February 10th deadline remains sacrosanct.

By the time APC and Wike are done going from High Court to Appeal to Supreme Court challenging the legality of such Executive Order, the Elections would have been over by 3 months.

Ndi ala!😏

Therefore, going by your Alaba market conjectures, Emefiele has been ruling this country by proxy, thereby puncturing the argument that no Igbo man has been president; and as such, this eye opening development nullifies any chance that Pee-t-Obi has to be sympathised with and voted as president. Thank you.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by OChimex: 3:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
Thanksful:
Sahara can lie eh. How can an individual be richer than a country in that same country? Haba

The amount of corruption going on in all sectors in Nigeria is sickening. If you know the amount being stolen by these men you will hate being a Nigeria. Leave the country and travel out to oil rich countries in Arab and see what oil money does. These men in Nigeria are evil. Pure evil.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Zandena(f): 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
I don't believe there's iota of truth in this report. DSS can't just be silenced like that. I think since the president seems on the side of the embattled CBN governor, DSS may decide to stand down their investigation report may be till after expiration of Buhari's administration.
Remember enemy to any DSS DG today is still going to be enemy to subsequent DG! They seems to have this internal mechanism in that organisation. Remember how EFCC's Magu was a sworn enemy of Daura, the then DSS DG with the hostility sustained by the current DG even though they're staunch rivals which led to the humiliating arrest of magu by DSS operatives.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

Emefiele is their daddy🤣

If una like, cry from today till thy kingdom come, Emefiele will not remove his legs from Tinubu’s scrotum 😜.

The next thing now would be to get Buhari to sign an Executive Order to ensure that February 10th deadline remains sacrosanct.

By the time APC and Wike are done going from High Court to Appeal to Supreme Court challenging the legality of such Executive Order, the Elections would have been over by 3 months.

Ndi ala!😏

Tomorrow is the naira swap deadline, let's see if Emefiele is truly their daddy
😀😀😀
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by snoopz: 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2023
Once Sahara is quoting top official or source wey plead anonymity wey no get name, Na lie grin
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Bebigiby: 10:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
It is not politically motivated as you may presume, according multiple reports Emefiele has been under investigation since last year.... The question you should be asking is he guilty of these allegations... As I said earlier if it is politically motivated then why is he afraid.....? Mind you Emefiele is a card carrying APC member.... It's a shame that you support the evil actions of Emefiele even though it is glaring that he has turned the CBN into a political tool to advance nefarious political interests....

Penguin2:

I read everything in the post, ok?

But unlike you, I’m not deceived by the trash written therein.

Ask yourself, why has nobody ever heard of these allegations against Emefiele until he decided to change the Naira notes?

Did these things happen yesterday? No.

So, don’t expect me to join in shouting “crucify Emefiele” because of some politically motivated bulcrap.

Thank you.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Bebigiby: 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Buhari is the president and not head of EFCC or DSS.... I believe Nigeria is not a lawless country as we have institutions saddled with the responsibility to investigate crime and arrest suspects... It is not Buhari's job to do this.... You read in the report that DSS and SSS were stopped by the court from carryout their duty.... I had hoped that Buhari would've done the right thing to fire Emefiele so as to enable the security agents to investigate him but unfortunately that didn't happen.... It is still Emefiele's call to do the right thing which is resign and submit himself for investigation if he is Innocent.....

broadman20:

Just listen to yourself!

Is Buhari there for fancy?

You appoint someone and you don't have control over him again?

I sincerely pity your reasoning.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Bebigiby: 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
udemzyudex:
Lobbying no be new thing,in fact it's now legal sef grin as for the corruption fight,it's only Peter Obi that can save us.

As I said in a previous post, in order to save Nigeria, I don't see this election as a means to tackle the issues we are facing. I am in support of restructuring, I think we need a decentralized system of government where states are autonomous with little federal influence over state resources (Let state governors have 100% resource control).... I wish Nigerians will push for restructuring instead of elections that will bring back the same evil people that are oppressing us.... But if I am to vote in 2023 presidential election, I won't vote for Obi, I will vote for Sowore..... I understand many Nigerians are supporting Obi, personally I am yet to come to terms with the craze over Obi because by this time last year Obi was a PDP presidential contestant.... In 2019, he ran with Atiku on the same platform so I think if he wins, his government policies won't be different from an Atiku presidency.... He will be a continuation of the status quo maybe with a little difference (In terms of stopping stealing of public funds) but I doubt if he will be courageous to recover looted funds or make critical reforms.... It is glaring that a Peter Obi government won't be able to call Buhari and members of his cabinet to account for the trillions misappropriated in the last 8 years.... One major reason I will vote for Sowore is because of his fearless tenacity and unrelenting quest for justice.... He has been consistent over the years in the struggle against Nigeria's bad leaders.... In 2015 he like other Nigerians who fell for the APC propaganda supported Buhari but ever since Buhari fellout with Nigerians, Sowore has been critical of the bad policies and has been consistent in publicly condemning it. I understand that the fact that he supported Buhari in 2015 and his inexperience in government (No record of past political appointments) have been issues Nigerians have with him but if I am to vote, I will vote for him..... I believe he will be a better president than Obi....
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Bebigiby: 10:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
We are not talking about naira redesign but alleged monumental corruption Emefiele has supervised as CBN governor.... Even looking at the naira redesign policy, of what economic benefits have we gained as a nation since the implementation of the policy.... None....

Oddfinder002:

You agree that the cbn is independent by law and also backed to make decisions within it jurisdiction. Same as inec. Why then do u cry abt the naira redesign. Because so far, the cbn has acted within it jurisdiction on yhe redesign issue.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by broadman20: 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
Bebigiby:
Buhari is the president and not head of EFCC or DSS.... I believe Nigeria is not a lawless country as we have institutions saddled with the responsibility to investigate crime and arrest suspects... It is not Buhari's job to do this.... You read in the report that DSS and SSS were stopped by the court from carryout their duty.... I had hoped that Buhari would've done the right thing to fire Emefiele so as to enable the security agents to investigate him but unfortunately that didn't happen.... It is still Emefiele call to do the right thing which is resign and submit himself for investigation if he is Innocent.....

He was not the head of judiciary when he sacked Oneghen the chief justice of Nigeria.

You just can't be shifting blamed up and down as if you are afraid to place it where it ought to be.

Without Buhari's permission, this Naira redesigning will never have taken place. So he is not a fool, he should have asked some questions before even given his ascents to it.

And he should give sanctions if what they told him was false.

Please stop making the world feel like Buhari is a Robot that lacks sense of reasoning.
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Bebigiby: 2:40am On Feb 13, 2023
You're right but in my opinion I blame the national assembly for the mess and their failure to curtail Buhari's excesses.... I hope Nigerians will understand the importance of electing credible people in the upcoming NASS elections. I believe Nigeria will move forward when we have a national assembly that truly represents the people.... For the sake of posterity, Emefiele still needs to be held accountable for economic damages he has caused as CBN governor....

broadman20:

He was not the head of judiciary when he sacked Oneghen the chief justice of Nigeria.

You just can't be shifting blamed up and down as if you are afraid to place it where it ought to be.

Without Buhari's permission, this Naira redesigning will never have taken place. So he is not a fool, he should have asked some questions before even given his ascents to it.

And he should give sanctions if what they told him was false.

Please stop making the world feel like Buhari is a Robot that lacks sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Elepaq: 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

Emefiele is their daddy🤣

Ndi ala!😏
How market sir
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Die009: 11:37pm On Jun 12, 2023

Yes he is richer than the country when he has the country purse at hand the whole central bank all the federal government money and bonds assets foreign reserves gold etc they him hand that time so we can say he is richer than the country then
Re: How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters by Penguin2: 2:47am On Jun 13, 2023
Elepaq:

How market sir
Emefiele succeeded in what he set out to do sir.

He succeeded in taking away cash from the system during the last election which made it almost impossible for Tinubu to buy votes with the billions of cash he had stashed away.

It’s the reason they are vindictively going against Emefiele now because he made it difficult for them to buy votes which made Tinubu’s declaration controversial. Had they bought votes, things would have panned out differently.

It’s the reason Tinubu lost the last election. Even though INEC criminally declared him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Directs Saraki-Led Appointees From Kwara To Resign Or Be Sacked / Omisore Joins APC / Photos From Former PDP Governors Forum Meeting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.