Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,675 members, 7,862,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG (357 Views)

Hardship Will End Soon, FG Tells Aggrieved Nigerians / Bigger Cargoes To Berth At Onitsha Port Soon – FG / Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by Ofunaofu: 3:21am On Feb 09, 2023

•As FEC approves N117.721bn for Oloibiri Oil Museum, maintenance of Kano airport

The Federal Government said yesterday that Nigeria Air will soon start flying, having got the aircraft ready and painted in its colours.

Related News
Political Violence: Rivers APC chieftain petitions UN, UK, US govts
Abuja indigenes drag Buhari to court, demand governor, State Assembly seats
Old Naira: Override Supreme Court's judgment, invoke Executive Order — CSOs tell Buhari
The Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, disclosed this while briefing State House correspondents at the end of the weekly Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Council Chamber, Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He also said that Council approved the sum of N721,266,733.64 for the maintenance and technical support at Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano.

“Today in Council, Aviation had one memo and this memorandum is a contract that was awarded to CCECC and it is for the airport maintenance and technical support at Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano and… for a period of 12 months and the sum of the contract is N721,266,733.64 and the memorandum was approved.”

On the likelihood of when the national carrier, Nigeria Air, should be expected to commence flight operations, the Minister explained that the federal government was already done with the initial processes and that it is just a matter of sealing the last move in obtaining the Air Operator Certificates (AOC) and the carrier will start flying.

He said: “Nigeria Air will soon start flying, we’ve got the aircrafts ready, they’re painted in the colours. We’ve crossed all the Ts and dotted the Is. We’re at stage five of the AOC issuance by the NCAA. Once that is done, the airline will begin to fly.

“So there are five stages, we’ve done stage 1,2,3,4 and we are now at stage five, once the AOC is given, the aircraft is ready to start to fly. Well, because the issuance of the AOC is in the hands of the NCAA, but I know it will be very soon, with an emphasis on soon. So as soon as we get the AOC, then we fly”, he said.

Asked if the kick-off of flight operations had been a result of the litigation by some Nigerian airliners, Sirika said “there’s no injunction against Nigeria Air’s operation, to my knowledge.

“The grievances by some airlines, for example, United, Azman, Max Air, Air Peace, if you are referring to that case that they instituted. Okay if you are referring to that case, I have no comment about it.

“I thought you were talking about something different, but if it’s that case, you have asked me before on this platform and I told you that it’s subjudice, it’s in court, so I can’t talk about it”, he said.

Meanwhile, the FEC approved the sum of N117,721,266,733 for contracts in the Petroleum Resources and Aviation ministries.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, said Council approved the sum of N117 billion for the construction of the Oloibiri Oil Museum and Research Centre in Bayelsa State.

He said the project, which has been on the drawing board since the early 1980s, from the era of President Shehu Shagari, would be one of the Muhammadu Buhari administration’s legacies.

“Council has approved a contract for the construction of the Oloibiri Oil Museum and Research Center to Messrs Julius Berger PLC, at the sum of N117 billion, with a completion timeframe of 30 months. This project has been on the drawing board for so long.

“The first time foundation stone was laid for this project was in the early 80s by President Shehu Shagari. So, this actually is a major milestone and it is expected to be a major legacy of Mr President in the Niger Delta”, he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/nigeria-air-to-fly-soon-fg-2/
Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by wealthgoddess: 3:38am On Feb 09, 2023
Just study them well before you patronize.
A word is enough....
Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by Coolsperm: 4:00am On Feb 09, 2023
Tinubu has nothing to offer Nigerians, don't vote APC again
Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by thesicilian: 4:29am On Feb 09, 2023
Coolsperm:
Tinubu has nothing to offer Nigerians, don't vote APC again
Same thing with Peter Obi the prodigal son of PDP. They're all frauds. But Tinubu still remains the best leader among the 3 for those who think they must vote for one of the 3 front men : Tinubu, Atiku or Obi.
I personally will have nothing to do with any of them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by olgaa14: 6:18am On Feb 09, 2023
Audio
Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by Nbote(m): 6:21am On Feb 09, 2023
Soon and very soon..
Everyday soon and very soon
Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by vastolord4(m): 6:30am On Feb 09, 2023
Jokers
Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by Isobug: 6:31am On Feb 09, 2023
The will still say the same thing next month. It will start, it with start

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by JASONjnr(m): 6:45am On Feb 09, 2023
thesicilian:

Same thing with Peter Obi the prodigal son of PDP. They're all frauds. But Tinubu still remains the best leader among the 3 for those who think they must vote for one of the 3 front men : Tinubu, Atiku or Obi.
I personally will have nothing to do with any of them.

Used to think that you had some intelligence in you, but I doubt any intelligent person will support someone that's not intelligent.

And you wrapped it up, telling us that he's the best ...

Probably, you should, like your other urchin, tell us the meaning of BA LA BLU.....Coz we're almost everything looking for the meaning of that word ..

The other urchin, took out his time to tell is the meaning of gazelle rubbish your master spewed.
Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by PrincessofDSS(f): 6:48am On Feb 09, 2023
I hope it’s not going to be dying:death by flying
Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by thesicilian: 10:03am On Feb 09, 2023
JASONjnr:

Used to think that you had some intelligence in you, but I doubt any intelligent person will support someone that's not intelligent.

And you wrapped it up, telling us that he's the best ...

Probably, you should, like your other urchin, tell us the meaning of BA LA BLU.....Coz we're almost everything looking for the meaning of that word ..

The other urchin, took out his time to tell is the meaning of gazelle rubbish your master spewed.
Typical.
Comprehension zero.
Let me guess: you're a trader also?
Re: Nigeria Air To Fly Soon — FG by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 09, 2023
Hope millions will not be used to design the logo again??
Seems logo is more important than the plane itself.

(1) (Reply)

Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu(BAT)? / Who Support This: Tinubu Will Be Next President, God’s Willing – Buhari B / Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Still Legal Tender | Tinubu Will Do Well - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.