Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? (1670 Views)

Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped / Gabonese President, Omar Bongo Reportedly Found To Be Igbo Man (throwback) / El Rufai Son Was Insulting An Afonja Pretending To Be Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 6:30am On Feb 09, 2023
After reading this piece you will be left with two options only. Either you agree more than fifty percent of Nigerians are Igbo or you admit Nigerians no longer care about tribe and Peter Obi is the most popular candidate today.

Let me start like this. No day goes by that I don't read people accusing and alleging someone is Igbo just for having a different view especially criticizing Tinubu, Buhari or the APC (which the Tinubu supporters now are at the forefront).

Some people have started this 2023 elections thinking they will use the same mode of oppression and perceived sentiments of old as other previous elections. "Push for a villain, one the people love to hate. Attack them like theirs no tomorrow!"

I see myself and an uncountable host of others having to clarify "I'm not Igbo!" cause we support a divergent candidate, group or views they think everyone should join and hate.

The thing is, the way I see it no one cares as it is. Well maybe one section of the country still do. But generally using sectionalism or tribal connotations to sway people's opinions is getting stale and old. About 95 percent or so of Nigerians today weren't even born during the civil war, we don't care!

My question is. Now that most people are automatically called Igbo or IPOB cause they support a certain candidate and views is it safe to say:

1. Igbo people are by far the majority in Nigeria? Or....

2. Peter Obi and the Labour Party actually have the most support from common Nigerians?

Pick one....

20 Likes

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Moh247: 6:46am On Feb 09, 2023
cool

Option

3: Ibos are the loudest in these election because they haven't produced a President or head of State in 60 years

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by 2Radii: 6:52am On Feb 09, 2023
LocalStandard1:
After reading this piece you will be left with two options only. Either you agree more than fifty percent of Nigerians are Igbo or you admit Nigerians no longer care about tribe and Peter Obi is the most popular candidate today.

Let me start like this. No day goes by that I don't read people accusing and alleging someone is Igbo just for having a different view especially criticizing Tinubu, Buhari or the APC (which the Tinubu supporters now are at the forefront).

Some people have started this 2023 elections thinking they will use the same mode of oppression and perceived sentiments of old as other previous elections. "Push for a villain, one the people love to hate. Attack them like theirs no tomorrow!"

I see myself and an uncountable host of others having to clarify "I'm not Igbo!" cause we support a divergent candidate, group or views they think everyone should join and hate.

The thing is, the way I see it no one cares as it is. Well maybe one section of the country still do. But generally using sectionalism or tribal connotations to sway people's opinions is getting stale and old. About 95 percent or so of Nigerians today weren't even born during the civil war, we don't care!

My question is. Now that most people are automatically called Igbo or IPOB cause they support a certain candidate and views is it safe to say:

2. Peter Obi and the Labour Party actually have the most support from common Nigerians?

Pick one....

My option is that Igbos are more than 50%, and we will singlehandedly vote in obi

Kanayo o kanayo told us that

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by 9jii(m): 6:56am On Feb 09, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Pick one....
Since the internet makes you loose the grip of reality no nonsense is too much for you to believe.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by JoeyNaza: 6:57am On Feb 09, 2023
2Radii:

My option is that Igbos are more than 50%, and we will singlehandedly vote in obi

Talk what you know, you are Yoruba not Igbo.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Jflex07(m): 6:57am On Feb 09, 2023
You mind tinubu miscreants. In Rivers State,Everywhere you go it is peter obi. Even most Wike 200k aides will be voting for Obi. That is to say that we have now turned into Igbos by local tinubu urrchins who have never traveled out of Oshogbo and ogbomosho.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by 2Radii: 7:01am On Feb 09, 2023
JoeyNaza:

Talk what you know, you are Yoruba not Igbo.

What are u saying??
Yenyenyen

We re up to 50% of the Nigeria population sir.

And kanayo has given us the winning formula..deal with that.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Oscarhakx: 7:03am On Feb 09, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Option

3: Ibos are the loudest in these election because they haven't produced a President or head of State in 60 years
why they seem the loudnest is because of option one or two. So your option is redundant.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:06am On Feb 09, 2023
9jii:

Since the internet makes you loose the grip of reality no nonsense is too much for you to believe.

What is the internet? I don't know that please tell me what it means.

I stay in a territory that's mixed, tribes and religion. My observations on the people's choice are based on reality, that of tribalism and sectionalism is based on the internet you speak of.

So educate me, do I leave in an alternate reality or is it you who leaves on Mars that you deny reality?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:09am On Feb 09, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Option

Or maybe it's obtion two cause I am not Igbo, neither are the majority around me.

Or maybe you're just too tribalistic to admit reality. No one cares about your anti-Igbo sentiments but you and your type. Nigeria and Nigerians may have moved on while you're still sleeping.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:12am On Feb 09, 2023
Jflex07:
You mind tinubu miscreants. In Rivers State,Everywhere you go it is peter obi. Even most Wike 200k aides will be voting for Obi. That is to say that we have now turned into Igbos by local tinubu urrchins who have never traveled out of Oshogbo and ogbomosho.
I can confirm what you're saying and it's true cause even the Edo State Governor confirmed it when he said his own state and household are all OBIdients. Or is Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki also Igbo?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Megabig: 7:12am On Feb 09, 2023
Igbos are everywhere, but 50 percent seem like a lot.

I choose the other option, I can’t believe someone left office, rejected payments of any sort, never assigned a land to self, friends or family members, created jobs, worked and saved for the state, till date have asked anyone to go check everywhere if he ever embezzled money belonging to the state while he served and no one can come with anything(read that 3 times again). I will if I was ever in his shoes, I damn will!!!!!!!!
A closer look at his lifestyle too will tell a lot. Sometimes I wish he isn’t contesting so Nigerians can be what Lagbaja sang about “ 200 million fools”…

Even a current governor who criticizes him cannot even find a thing in the books to accuse him of.

That’s virtue and exceedingly competent.

It’s an insult to compare Obi to a senile old thief and a Dubai based spv crook, unbelieveable!!!!,

you have to be a crook to compare them , you just have to…

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 09, 2023
Igbo' are bigger

Reach me for your , proposal's, project writing, power point presentation, thesis e.t.c

For more information check my signature and contact me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Megabig: 7:17am On Feb 09, 2023
Jflex07:
How can wike have 200k aides, he should be in jail once he leaves office if that’s true, 30 is too much for a governor, they see soo much money and they build little and waste the rest.

Watch him leave office and leave billions of debt for the next governor to pay. I hate Nigerian politicians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Moh247: 7:18am On Feb 09, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Or maybe it's obtion two cause I am not Igbo, neither are the majority around me.

Or maybe you're just too tribalistic to admit reality. No one cares about your anti-Igbo sentiments but you and your type. Nigeria and Nigerians may have moved on while you're still sleeping.

Do you have to be mannerlessly rude in expressing yourself

This is supposed to be an adult conversation

Everyone not supporting Obi can't all have anti Ibo sentiments and tribalistic

Who gave you statistics all Nigerians want Obi because that's simply your own myopic social media views

2 Likes

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:19am On Feb 09, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Option

Let me ask you a simple question, cause I've observed your pattern of argument.

Can the tribalism you people promote help Tinubu become President?

Please answer me I will be waiting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:20am On Feb 09, 2023
Moh247:

Do you have to be mannerlessly rude in expressing yourself

This is supposed to be an adult conversation

Everyone not supporting Obi can't all have anti Ibo sentiments and tribalistic

Who gave you statistics all Nigerians want Obi because that's simply your own myopic social media views
I am not the one that goes about calling everyone Igbo or IPOB, it you people. You and Tinubu supporters have called me and plenty others, Igbo and IPOB here so many times I can't even count.

Let's use this statistics on Nairaland right now then.

If you support Tinubu hit LIKE.

if you Support Peter Obi hit SHARE....

2 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Jflex07(m): 7:21am On Feb 09, 2023
Megabig:

How can wike have 200k aides, he should be in jail once he leaves office if that’s true, 30 is too much for a governor, they see soo much money and they build little and waste the rest.

Watch him leave office and leave billions of debt for the next governor to pay. I hate Nigerian politicians
bro, I tell you he has although I don't know if the Numbers are up to 200k. I know so many of his aides. The man is just wasting rivers money but has refused to increase salary of some civil servants.

2 Likes

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Moh247: 7:21am On Feb 09, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Let me ask you a simple question, cause I've observed your pattern of argument.

Can the tribalism you people promote help Tinubu become President?

Please answer me I will be waiting.

Who and who promoted Tribalism.. do you have any evidence of suddenly painting me a tribalist as I don't conform to your political choice?!

Aisha Buhari, ElRufa, Osita of VON, Beta Edu are not Yoruba and they proudly support Tinubu based on what they have observed on pattern of growth in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Moh247: 7:24am On Feb 09, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Let's use this statistics on Nairaland right now then.

If you support Tinubu hit LIKE.

if you Support Peter Obi hit SHARE....

Nairaland has 3 million registered user, people have burner account some have as much as 3 account some are abroad,

Credibility of the poll is already in question

If you want real opinion poll go to street,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:27am On Feb 09, 2023
Moh247:

Nairaland has 3 million registered user, people have burner account some have as much as 3 account some are abroad,

Credibility of the poll is already in question

If you want real opinion poll go to street,

Should I show you Lagos And Abuja Street polls? Will they convince you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by fr3do(m): 7:29am On Feb 09, 2023
This is a useless thread with the aim to stir up tribal conflict
Your plan is dead on arrival

Wait for census

Obi is coming
Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Moh247: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Should I show you Lagos And Abuja Street polls? Will they convince you?

If done by a credible non partisan firm

2 Likes

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Bioko2: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2023
2Radii:

Your brain is paining you, abi?

2 Likes

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:32am On Feb 09, 2023
Moh247:

If done by a credible non partisan firm
All are done by "credible non partisan firms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by Moh247: 7:32am On Feb 09, 2023
LocalStandard1:

All are doe by "credible non partisan firms.

And verified firm.. then show us
Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by praxs(m): 7:33am On Feb 09, 2023
9jii:

Honestly I am tired of thier delusion. It’s like the disconnect thier brain from thier mouth when they want to talk so that they can speak the nonsense happily

1 Like

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:36am On Feb 09, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by orisa37: 7:46am On Feb 09, 2023
MORE THAN 70% 'COS IGBOS ARE YORUBAS BY EXTENSION.

THE HAUSA FULANIS IN ALL TUNDUNWADAS IN THE NORTH ARE OGBOMOSHO TORTOISES.
Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by 2Radii: 7:46am On Feb 09, 2023
Bioko2:

Your brain is paining you, abi?
deal with the truth
Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by BigRocky: 7:50am On Feb 09, 2023
Moh247:

Who and who promoted Tribalism.. do you have any evidence of suddenly painting me a tribalist as I don't conform to your political choice?!

Aisha Buhari, ElRufa, Osita of VON, Beta Edu are not Yoruba and they proudly support Tinubu based on what they have observed on pattern of growth in Lagos

Have never yoruba's so dumb like the ones on nairaland,an obvious local site were anything goes.

Why would you guys Call everyone that support obi ipob if not mental devaluation?

Y'all still can't come to terms that obi is accepted by sane Nigerians all over the country.

Y'all should take a break from nairaland were you guys are local champion and come on international site like Twitter or Instagram and label every supporter of obi ipob. And let's see how it goes.

Supporters of obi are more than the five eastern state combined.

Y'all should try and get sence

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could More Than Fifty Percent Of Nigerians Actually Be Igbo? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:54am On Feb 09, 2023
BigRocky:

Have never yoruba's so dumb like the ones on nairaland,an obvious local site were anything goes.

Why would you guys Call everyone that support obi ipob if not mental devaluation?

Y'all still can't come to terms that obi is accepted by sane Nigerians all over the country.

Y'all should take a break from nairaland were you guys are local champion and come on international site like Twitter or Instagram and label every supporter of obi ipob. And let's see how it goes.

Supporters of obi are more than the five eastern state combined.

Y'all should try and get sence

Thank you! Sadly even fellow Yorubas and even Yoruba Muslims that I know here have fallen victim to their tribal name calling, yet this very tribalist here denies it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

People are Hungry, What Nigerians Need is a Generous President – Buhari / Drama In Senate As Akpabio, Ndume Clash Over Nigeria-benin Border Motion / What Are The Ugliest Experiences In Our Political Destiny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.