Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

What Is Your Best Dog Breed? (pics) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Is Your Best Dog Breed? (pics) (395 Views)

Let's See A Photo Of Your Best Dog / Which Dog Breed Is This / The Most Intelligent Dog Breed Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Best Dog Breed? (pics) by gard9ner(m): 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
My favorite breed is the German Shepherd aka GSD or Alsatian is a German breed of working dog of medium to large size. The breed was developed by Max von Stephanitz using various traditional German herding dogs from 1899. It was originally bred as a herding dog, for herding sheep (Wikipedia).

Temperament
Curious, Intelligent, Stubborn, Alert, Loyal, Watchful, Confident, Protective, Obedient, Courageous, Brave.

Life Expectancy
9 – 13 years

Colors
Black, White, Black & Tan, Sable, Red & Black, Black & Silver, Grey

Weight
Male: 30–40 kg, Female: 22–32 kg

Height
77-88Ibs

Not only are GSDs loyal, they are also loving, playful, and very protective and always up for an adventure. In addition I love my dog unconditionally for one act of love it showed as a puppy. Short story I went on a stroll one evening without my phones, I returned home around 8pm, everyone thought I was in my study room not knowing that I was out, so they locked the gate. I shouted on top of my voice but no one heard although I could hear my boys shouting and playing. Caesar (my dog) all the while was barking and scratching the gate for over 30mins, he would run to the doors and windows and back, he even attempted climbing the one window so someone could hear him. Finally, I guess they wanted to call me for dinner when they noticed my absence and the rest is history. However, the notable thing was that Caesar even injured himself while on the gate and continued even with the pain, I loved him unconditionally after that night.

What’s your favorite dog breed and why? Share your experience if you own a dog.

(1) (Reply)

. / Adult Female German Shepherd / I Need A Gsd/rott Or Pitt Bull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.