Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,220 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity (471 Views)

Is Nigeria’s Fuel Price Cheapest In The World Like Eniola Badmus Said? / EU Raises Concern Over Independence Of INEC / Sylva: Buhari Will End Nigeria’s Fuel Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by Biodun556(m): 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
Leadership News
Home News
UN Raises Concerns Over Fuel, Naira Scarcity, Violence On Nigerian Elections
by Innocent Odoh 2 mins ago Reading Time: 2 mins read
UN Raises Concerns Over Fuel, Naira Scarcity, Violence On Nigerian Elections
The United Nations (UN) System in Nigeria has expressed concerns over possible adverse effects of the lingering fuel scarcity, the difficulties imposed on Nigerians by the Naira swap policy and violence on the forthcoming 2023 general election.

These issues were raised at the first quarterly briefing of the diplomatic community convened by the UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator, Matthias Schmale, at the UN House on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, even as the UN restated its commitment to supporting Nigeria in ensuring peaceful, credible, and inclusive elections in 2023.

According to a statement issued on Thursday by the National Information Officer, UN Information Centre (UNIC), Dr. Oluseyi Soremekun, the UN Resident Coordinator underscored the importance of peaceful and credible elections for the consolidation of Nigeria’s democracy and that of the African region.

https://leadership.ng/un-raises-concerns-over-fuel-naira-scarcity-violence-on-nigerian-elections/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Re: UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by Biodun556(m): 4:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
Tinubu all the way!

BikudiratiLah

1 Like

Re: UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by Biodun556(m): 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
cool
Re: UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by AtikuOkowa: 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
Game over to drugies
Obey Boss Mustapha,learn to adress hin with respect
Re: UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by Biodun556(m): 8:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
B
Re: UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2023
Be like say UN no get work again.

Make them help us beg USA to screen all the presidential candidates. E get two persons wey suppose go prison tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by POGazette: 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ediot

You didn't raise concern when naira to dollar jumped to 800, when inflated jumped to 17-20

When students were on strike for 8 months

When students were afraid of going to school because of bandits
Re: UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by Ogbuefi2020: 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2023
Oluseyi raises concern on behalf of Tinubu
Re: UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by Businessman1986(m): 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2023
Nigeria has to succeed. Our job is too great. We are the largest congregation of blacks on earth. We have a duty to right the bleak stories of our past, our humiliation before all nations, to march forward with iron steps TODAY!

I will for a powerful man. I will vote for a bold man. I will vote for a man that knows the terrain of this heady nation. A nation of giant men and women.

I will vote for a Captain in these roaring times. A captain who has captained well.

I will vote for the man honoured in those distant years in Borgu.
Re: UN raises concern over Nigeria fuel and naira scarcity by RZArecta(m): 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
You people have been told you're going cashless unfailingly by March 1st, what you're supposed to do is insist on a faster rollout of infrastructure needed to make the policy a success and banks to stop being utter ídiots cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Oshomole Chased By Obi Supporters At Ringroad Benin City / I Prefer Nairaland Ban Me Than Do This To Me!!!!! / Soludo Flags-off 8.52km Double Road Construction Project At Ihiala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.