Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Naira Note Deadline - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Note Deadline (46250 Views)

What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? / Lagos Rats Are Demonic - Man Cries Out After Rodents Eat Up His Stash Naira note / Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Note Deadline by Lemos14: 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2023
The way the CBN is behaving is really confusing...are the old notes still going to be a valid legal tender till the 15th or it becomes invalid tommorow because I'm not understanding again

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Lemos14: 7:20pm On Feb 09, 2023
Abeg make person answer me make I know wetin to do cause I have like 7k old notes with me and I'm wondering if i should sell them all out tommorow

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Apus: 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
When two elephants dey fight na grass go suffer am.

It's best you go to the bank to deposit it abi you wan turn am to artefact wey you wan show your grandchildren? Or you can use the money to stock food items at home if you cant make your way to the bank.

Supreme court won't collect old note from you las las.

126 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by AfricanColumbus: 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
See for yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Note Deadline by yarimo(m): 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
It's still legal until the court give judgement on the matter
Lemos14:
The way the CBN is behaving is really confusing...are the old notes still going to be a valid legal tender till the 15th or it becomes invalid tommorow because I'm not understanding again

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Lemos14: 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
yarimo:

Oh okay thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Lemos14: 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2023
Apus:
When two elephants dey fight na grass go suffer am.

It's best you go to the bank to deposit it abi you wan turn am to artefact wey you wan show your grandchildren? Or you can use the money to stock food items at home if you cant make your way to the bank.

Supreme court won't collect old note from you las las.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute why not just skip?...you didnt answer my question anyway

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Pierced(f): 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lemos14:

Oh okay thanks

Better go and deposit it at the bank tomorrow...... don't believe NL political jobbers.

If CBN wanted to extend the deadline....they would av released a statement publicly.

Modified: I just went to UBA to deposit.....I asked them if they were going to collect old notes on Monday.....they said it's until CBN gives them the order the collect old notes......if not the deadline is today. I asked them when to they will close....they said 3pm.

It's better to av 3k cash in 50 denomination than 1k denomination in old notes. At least market women won't reject ₦50 denomination no matter what.

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Apus: 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lemos14:

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute why not just skip?...you didnt answer my question anyway

Dey play. No be my money na

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Lemos14: 8:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
Pierced:

Better go and deposit it at the bank tomorrow...... don't believe NL political jobbers.

If CBN wanted to extend the deadline....they would av released a statement publicly.

Okay thank you
Re: Naira Note Deadline by kokoA(m): 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2023
Over here people are looking for cash... Weda old or new e no concern anybody o.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by POGazette: 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lemos14:
Abeg make person answer me make I know wetin to do cause I have like 7k old notes with me and I'm wondering if i should sell them all out tommorow
it will stand, CBN don't obey Supreme court unless they are doing something unlawful

Only Buhari can stop it, not Supreme court

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by silibaba: 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lemos14:

It's best you go to the bank to deposit it abi you wan turn am to artefact wey you wan show your grandchildren? Or you can use the money to stock food items at home if you cant make your way to the bank

That's the answer he gave to your question.

Peace be unto you.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Lemos14: 9:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
silibaba:

It's best you go to the bank to deposit it abi you wan turn am to artefact wey you wan show your grandchildren? Or you can use the money to stock food items at home if you cant make your way to the bank

That's the answer he gave to your question.

Peace be unto you.

What he gave me was an advice not an answer to my question...I asked if the new note will be in valid by tomorrow or the 15th that's what I asked....in a case where its valid till the 15th why will I deposit all my cash and be left stranded?...so yes he didn't answer

See someone's response below:

POGazette:
it will stand, CBN don't obey Supreme court unless they are doing something unlawful

Only Buhari can stop it, not Supreme court

This is an answer. Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Note Deadline by silibaba: 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lemos14:

What he gave me was an advice not an answer to my question...I asked if the new note will be in valid by tomorrow or the 15th that's what I asked....in a case where its valid till the 15th why will I deposit all my cash and be left stranded?...so yes he didn't answer

See someone's response below:

This is an answer. Thank you.

So what are you waiting for? Take the advice

12 Likes

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Lemos14: 9:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
silibaba:

So what are you waiting for? Take the advice

Kindly dont quote me again thank you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Note Deadline by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2023
The only thing that invalidates the supreme court is a legislative enactment.
Executive order.

None is in place.
Ask Imo state, Bayelsa and Zamfara.
After the supreme court you appeal to God

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by silibaba: 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lemos14:

Kindly dont quote me again thank you
quoting you already grin grin grin

Come and beat me. I dey Fela shrine right now. Whether I no go use my Igbo ashes rub you for face like powder.

28 Likes

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Felicox(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
We are all left to wonder about it all, but with the quantity of the old notes in circulation it is practically impossible for them to implement the stoppage.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Note Deadline by moodyguy: 10:26pm On Feb 09, 2023
kokoA:
Over here people are looking for cash... Weda old or new e no concern anybody o.
Their eye go clear later

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Note Deadline by kokoA(m): 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
moodyguy:
Their eye go clear later
Nothing go happen..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Siwisheswereesh: 10:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Everybody must obey court order.

The deadline is next week pending when the main suit will be heard.

Piiiggidiiioootts are largely illiterate and emotional. cheesy

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Parachoko: 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
Make we see if Emefiele go disobey a court order, the same court order that sa
fed him from the claws of the DSS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Pharaohny: 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
Have you read about the Supreme Court order on the current currency implementation issue? Please note this legal opinion on the matter - The deadline won't change. Neither CBN or the commercial banks was joined as parties to this suit. The 3 state governments simply took advantage of the fact that in matters purely between the state and the FG the supreme court can serve as a court of first and only instance. Joining CBN in the matter would immediately rob the supreme court of jurisdiction. Sadly, the attorney general cannot issue a binding order on the CBN governor, the CBN act didn't contemplate such and the interim order is simply an academic attempt at grandstanding. They're indeed forces determined to derail the forthcoming elections and trigger social unrest. If your ATM card is working go to any large supermarket and stock up. The next 3 weeks are exciting times to come. I forgot to add that only CBN is empowered by law to determine what is termed legal tender. As for this set of JSCs, they've taken judicial rascality to the high heavens. One day soon we will put the searchlight on how supreme these odoriferous judges have become

This is a professional advice coming from a lawyer, pls let's brace up and stock up for the coming days are filled with uncertainty but in d end everybody go dey alright

Copied

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Pharaohny: 11:31pm On Feb 09, 2023
Woohoo 😃😃 you go deposit for supreme court dey play 😊 oooo

1 Like

Re: Naira Note Deadline by nedu666: 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
Parachoko:
Make we see if Emefiele go disobey a court order, the same court order that sa
fed him from the claws of the DSS

The cbn is not a party to the suit but fed govt. So its for buhari to issue the order

5 Likes

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Parachoko: 11:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
nedu666:

The cbn is not a party to the suit but fed govt. So its for buhari to issue the order
The CBN and the FG do not have a choice but to respect the order

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by OgaTheTop2: 12:02am On Feb 10, 2023
Lemos14:
Naira has officially been redesigned.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by OgaTheTop2: 12:09am On Feb 10, 2023
yarimo:
Dey play..

10 Likes

Re: Naira Note Deadline by Lemos14: 1:00am On Feb 10, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Naira has officially been redesigned.

Thanks. Will sell some and deposit some wink
Re: Naira Note Deadline by JoeNL22(m): 1:30am On Feb 10, 2023
Lemos14:
The governors did not include the cbn in the application. Because if they put it, they will strike it out immediately, why?, because the supreme court has no jurisdiction over the CBN and poilcy formulation of the FG. Read below.

However, a senior lawyer, Professor Konyinsola Ajayi, yesterday, said the CBN was free to carry on with the cash swap policy, despite the court ruling. He stated that the CBN, not being a party before the Supreme Court, hence the court was not expected to grant an order against a person not before it; not sued or not heard.

He said, “The CBN is free to carry on with its policy on currency redesign taken in accordance with the plenitude of its powers under both the CBN Act and Currency Control Act. It is fitting to note that just about six weeks ago (on 02/12/22) the SCN held in the case of Adedeji & ors. v CBN that CBN is independent by law and can’t be controlled by FGN.”

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Note Deadline by JoeNL22(m): 1:35am On Feb 10, 2023
Pharaohny:
Have you read about the Supreme Court order on the current currency implementation issue? Please note this legal opinion on the matter - The deadline won't change. Neither CBN or the commercial banks was joined as parties to this suit. The 3 state governments simply took advantage of the fact that in matters purely between the state and the FG the supreme court can serve as a court of first and only instance. Joining CBN in the matter would immediately rob the supreme court of jurisdiction. Sadly, the attorney general cannot issue a binding order on the CBN governor, the CBN act didn't contemplate such and the interim order is simply an academic attempt at grandstanding. They're indeed forces determined to derail the forthcoming elections and trigger social unrest. If your ATM card is working go to any large supermarket and stock up. The next 3 weeks are exciting times to come. I forgot to add that only CBN is empowered by law to determine what is termed legal tender. As for this set of JSCs, they've taken judicial rascality to the high heavens. One day soon we will put the searchlight on how supreme these odoriferous judges have become

This is a professional advice coming from a lawyer, pls let's brace up and stock up for the coming days are filled with uncertainty but in d end everybody go dey alright

Copied

The governors are very stupid, they are just deceiving themselves, if they included the Cbn, the court will strike it out immediately. As the apex court has no jurisdiction over the CBN and its policy formulation.

This what an experienced lawyer said about the sc order

However, a senior lawyer, Professor Konyinsola Ajayi, yesterday, said the CBN was free to carry on with the cash swap policy, despite the court ruling. He stated that the CBN, not being a party before the Supreme Court, hence the court was not expected to grant an order against a person not before it; not sued or not heard.

He said, “The CBN is free to carry on with its policy on currency redesign taken in accordance with the plenitude of its powers under both the CBN Act and Currency Control Act. It is fitting to note that just about six weeks ago (on 02/12/22) the SCN held in the case of Adedeji & ors. v CBN that CBN is independent by law and can’t be controlled by FGN.”

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Drop All Ur Paypal Acct Related Issues/Queries In Here & Get It Solved/Answered / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.