Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,375 members, 7,853,669 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) (43961 Views)

Pope Approves Blessings For Same-sex Couples / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Chris Oyakhilome: Churches Are Not Places Of Infection But Places Of Blessings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Princewell2012(m): 11:18am On Feb 10, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Christianity is not that rubbish you people practise in Nigeria. Christianity is love, compassion and charity.

If Christ were alive, would he discriminate against gays and lesbians?
b
Hmmm he actually did not lay much emphasis on these things. But he hate divorce. He made a little emphasis on it.
But he swell so much about love and heaven.
We need to study the scripture again and again. However to the best of my knowledge, Africans are not practicing real Christianity.
May God help us.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by CartelKenneth: 11:19am On Feb 10, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Thank God it's Church of England NOT Church of Christ
If Earthquake happen to dem now they won't knw why........

No be English people invent Christianity?
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by CartelKenneth: 11:20am On Feb 10, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Europe will be destroyed.

Africa has already been destroyed

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by CartelKenneth: 11:21am On Feb 10, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

YES.
God doesn't allows homosexuality.
He created Man and then Woman for a reason.
Why did He not create Johnbull for Adam? undecided.

The same English folk that created God is now telling you that he allows homosexuals and you’re still doubting
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by CartelKenneth: 11:23am On Feb 10, 2023
cheesy Muslim brothers e remain una o
Homosexuality remains very rampant in islam
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by judedwriter(m): 11:33am On Feb 10, 2023
JASONjnr:
Sodom and Gomorrah will be seen like a clean city compare to what Europe is gradually becoming....

God should had rained fire and brimstone on them like He did on Sodom but for the blood of Jesus that's still crying for mercy.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by silaswills01(m): 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
May they all perish in hell for this abominable move this is a big disgrace to the name of Christ
They are worst than sodom and gomorah
That's not promoting unity rather promotion of abomination and iniquity
Hell awaits them
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by silaswills01(m): 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hezzyluv:
The church in England is not the same as The Church that practice the doctrine of Jesus Christ.

The so called church of England is a church that satan delight in
Jesus has nothing to do with that
They will surely face the consequence of their abominable ways undecided

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Lontorlooka(m): 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
Catholics worldwide listen to the Pope and see this position as the highest in the church.
Since the pope openly supports this act, and the Catholics have not detached away from the pope, it means they are all in support of it.

Logically, I see no reason to stay in a church whose leadership principles have changed.
This applies to Anglican as well.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Aaronsrod: 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
silaswills01:
May they all perish in hell for this abominable move this is a big disgrace to the name of Christ
They are worst than sodom and gomorah
That's not promoting unity rather promotion of abomination and iniquity
Hell awaits them

Kill them, O Lord!

Suffer them not to live! Their blood is upon them.

Kill them all, IJN!

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by SuperSupremo(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The article tells you that it is about the Arab- Muslim trade. undecided
And I said where does it says Muslims should englcourage slave trade like it said we should free them?
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Jsucre(m): 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
princeade86:
It is finished
o tilo
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

And why are you so afraid of this world coming to an end as all this he eventually will?
Afraid? No, I know it ain't going to come to an end because their is absolutely no reason for it to. So how can I fear that which I am sure is not going to take place? undecided
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
SuperSupremo:
And I said where does it says Muslims should englcourage slave trade like it said we should free them?
The article is strictly about the Arab-muslim slave trade which continues in many parts of Africa to this day. undecided
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Afraid? No, I know it ain't going to come to an end because their is absolutely no reason for it to. So how can I fear that which I am sure is not going to take place? undecided
Very funny. And yet you believe that worlds and galaxies die but somehow earth is too special not to die like the countless other worlds and galaxies have?
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

Very funny. And yet you believe that worlds and galaxies die but somehow earth is too special not to die like the countless other worlds and galaxies have?
Yep! undecided
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Yep! undecided
Oh really? So what makes earth any different or any special?
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

Oh really? So what makes earth any different or any special?
I thought you believe what God says? undecided
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by BRATISLAVA: 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
Waywardson6:
Always remember? That it was the same Europeans that colonised & introduced religion in Africa. So? They definitely know best. Truth will always prevail, no matter how long it's been covered or misinterpreted. Love is Love, Love wins. God bless Europe.

Europeans brought Islam, Buddhism, Jainism, and other religions to Africa? What religions are there with origins in Europe apart from neopaganism and a few others that aren't practiced in Africa?

Generalizations are a cankerworm and a form of mental laziness.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by princeade86(m): 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jsucre:
o tilo
e don go
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by ike007(m): 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jayneck:
the rainbow is a sign that he will never use water to destroy the world again meaning he will still destroy wicked humans/ humanity but not with water. No one knows what he will use this time

So despite the fact that his son has died for the sins of man he is still losing humanity? Wow
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by papapchi(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
The earlier Africans go back to their ancestors way of worship and do away with this evil forced Christianity, the better for everyone. Christianity and Bible is the tool of conquest used by the Europeans to colonize Africa.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Elidrisy20: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
Is either you become a gay, denounce Christianity and embrace Islam, or you go to hell
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by musicwriter(m): 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
SIRTee15:

You absolutely know nothing about Christian history in Europe.
FYI Isaac Newton was a man of faith, a devout Christian.
Gutenberg invented the printing press machine because he wanted mass circulation of the bible.
Queen Isabella of Spain and her husband sponsored Columbus trip to America because she wanted to spread the gospel to foreign lands. Colombia wasn't even Spanish but got the queen's attention because of her passion for evangelism.
Christianity and enlightenment brings about positivity in all endeavours of life. Separate both and what we have is darkness and amoral society.
The Renaissance didn't weaken Christianity on Europe, in fact it made it stronger. People could now practice their faith without undue pressure and burden from legalist but ignorant Catholic papal institutions.
The founding members of royal academy of science in 1660 were Christians.
William Wilberforce and other activist who advanced for abolition of slavery in the 18th century were Christians. They nearly pushed UK into bankruptcy by enforcing the ban across the west African coast, but those guys were determined because no cost was too high to pay for abolition of the inhuman practice.
Friedec Nietzsche and other philosophers didn't even come into the picture until the late 19th and 20th century when Christian Europe dominance was already established and globally unchallenged.

If only you knew that we're talking about a period spanning more than 1,800 years, they'll have been no need for all you said.

Again, study the timeline I earlier provided you to understand how Europe went from savagery to civility.

The further back you go to the dark ages (age of Christianity) the more Europe was in comatose. The further forward you go from the dark ages, the better Europe became. So, by the time people like Isaac Newton appeared on the stage, things were better and he could practice science without fear, whereas people before him were killed. The reason is that from the the enlightenment period forward brought about, not just rejection of religion but increased democracy. This is what you're erroneously interpreting as the enlightenment period tolerating religion. No, it didn't! Rather, European societies saw increased democracy not religion. Understand the difference.

Indeed, Queen Isabella was one of the evil of Christianity! She and one other European king funded the first slave raid in Africa perpetrated by Christopher Columbus.

Few years before his voyage to America, Columbus visited West Africa about 3 times in about 1484 (in Guinea and Ghana) and he said that he "kidnapped" six people in the coast of west Africa and took them to Europe. This was the precursor of our slavery woes. But to your enslaved mind, that's a good thing.

How could a religion you claim to bring enlightenment be used to participate in slavery?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by meobizy(f): 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2023
Your masters have edited their religion to suit the modern age. You slaves should follow suit.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by seunayantokun(m): 7:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
One farthest step in the hell direction.

The next step is rewriting The Word of God by removing all passages that condemn sodomy and Gomorrahlity so that they can accommodate their satanic friends in the comfortable name of Jesus Christ while making themselves enemies of His Personality.

Bunch of stupid kids!
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by sowilli: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2023
Immorality has always been a reason great Nations fall. The Greek, Roman Empire were destroyed by same. The beginning of the end of these nations. Now don’t be bothered about what seems to look good, give it a little time.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by SuperSupremo(m): 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The article is strictly about the Arab-muslim slave trade which continues in many parts of Africa to this day. undecided
does it happen in Nigeria too

It does not happen where I am.

And like I said Islam has nothing to do with it slave trade was long in existence before Mohammed
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
SuperSupremo:
does it happen in Nigeria too It does not happen where I am. And like I said Islam has nothing to do with it slave trade was long in existence before Mohammed
So because you are ignorant of its existence means those who speak of it are lying? I suggest you crawl back in the hole where you came from so mature individuals can tall abeg! undecided
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
If i say "i ate pounded yam," you'll reply "so you meant that's the only food you have?". What exactly is your question? For first point, christ-like means acting in the likeness and manner of Christ. Buhari-like means acting in the likeness and manner of buhari. When your behavior and actions align with another, it's said that you are that person-like...

2. Yup, I said. I'm sure of my stance. Then I said, "there's no point arguing about the matter since the truth you don't accept alive, you'll accept in death." You can ask a direct question without intentionally finding argumentative conjectures in my sentences. What I wrote there is logical for the average mind. Even after I said I'm sure of my stance, you still said "So, you don't even know now whether the God you pretend to worship is real/true or not?" Bro... You're funny.
1. All this is a desperate attempt to wiggle out of the claim you made. undecided

2. I am not the funny one here. It is instead funny that one who claims by mouth and mind to believe in Jesus Christ does not even realize that Jesus Christ is the unchanging Truth He is meant to first know in this life in order to enjoy afterwards. undecided
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Upworkwriter007(f): 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. All this is a desperate attempt to wiggle out of the claim you made. undecided

2. I am not the funny one here. It is instead funny that one who claims by mouth and mind to believe in Jesus Christ does not even realize that Jesus Christ is the unchanging Truth He is meant to first know in this life in order to enjoy afterwards. undecided
I still don't get your point. Right from the first one you made. You want me to prove my believe in christ to you? really? Nah! I never do that. Preaching is different from proving. I didn't make a claim, I spoke a fact about my life. And I made it clear to you that if you have any question regarding this, ask directly. But any indirect connotation to make me prove to you that I believe christ? never! 2 Timothy 2:23-24 should help
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by SIRTee15: 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
musicwriter:

If only you knew that we're talking about a period spanning more than 1,800 years, they'll have been no need for all you said.

Again, study the timeline I earlier provided you to understand how Europe went from savagery to civility.

The further back you go to the dark ages (age of Christianity) the more Europe was in comatose. The further forward you go from the dark ages, the better Europe became. So, by the time people like Isaac Newton appeared on the stage, things were better and he could practice science without fear, whereas people before him were killed. The reason is that from the the enlightenment period forward brought about, not just rejection of religion but increased democracy. This is what you're erroneously interpreting as the enlightenment period tolerating religion. No, it didn't! Rather, European societies saw increased democracy not religion. Understand the difference.

Indeed, Queen Isabella was one of the evil of Christianity! She and one other European king funded the first slave raid in Africa perpetrated by Christopher Columbus.

Few years before his voyage to America, Columbus visited West Africa about 3 times in about 1484 (in Guinea and Ghana) and he said that he "kidnapped" six people in the coast of west Africa and took them to Europe. This was the precursor of our slavery woes. But to your enslaved mind, that's a good thing.

How could a religion you claim to bring enlightenment be used to participate in slavery?

The question is did renaissance era reject Christianity or not? The answer is BIG NO.
If u insist they did, then produce the evidence, u are the one confusing European history.
What was rejected in renaissance was Catholic papal institutions inordinate influence in people's life which is not Christianity in the first place but a practice similar to the modern day shariah law.
People wanted to think, be able to read the bible and decide for themselves, NOT what the pope said.

I told you the inventor of the printing press machine published the bible en masse so people could see the truth by themselves.

Which was Europe was democratic at the onset of renaissance?
The bill of rights and Napoleon rebellion were what brought about establishment of democratic institutions in Europe.
Prior to that, Europe was largely feudal and deeply monarchy.
Go and read about the English civil war in the 17th century and french revolution the following century - what has religion got to do with that?

It's obvious u don't know anything about Queen Isabella for u to parrot the nonsense u wrote about her.
She hates slavery and banned the practice in her kingdom. When Christopher Columbus brought her slaves as gift from his voyage, she told him to return them and banned him from repeating such.

20th June 1500 The Queen orders the return of slaves with their possessions. She payes all their expenses. Before the next voyage, the Queen tells him in no uncertain terms: “Do not bring back slaves” (9 May, 1502).

This a letter she wrote to a governor in new territory.

Letter from Isabel Queen of Castille to the Governor of the Indies. She indicated that they should ´encourage and reward the Indians for conversing with Christians; they should not be vagabonds, they should work and be paid a daily wage, as the free persons they are, and not like slaves, and no one should harm them in any way or make them suffer any misfortune; and on feast days they should get together to be taught the Faith.

She even wrote it in her will that natives in new Territories should not be enslaved.
“do not give rise to or allow the Indians [indigenous Americans] to receive any wrong in their persons and property, but rather that they be treated well and fairly, and if they have received any wrong, remedy it'

Columbus and other voyagers never said they were seeking new territories for God, their intention was wealth and treasures. Focus your grievance in the right direction.
https://www.piccavey.com/queen-isabella-of-castile/#:~:text=Queen%20Isabella%20was%20against%20slavery,listen%20to%20the%20Queens%20orders.

If u have no evidence, pls do not continue this conversation because u know nothing about European or Christian history maybe except what was told u in the mosque. I want to read facts and not emotions.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Mourns Sammie Okposo; Calls Out Pastors Who Judged Late Singer / Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / 21 Churches Destroyed, Burnt In Pakistan Over Blasphemy Under 2 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.