Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? (462 Views)

Laravel Nairaland Corner -- Post Any Laravel Code Issues, Get Solution For FREE / Any Laravel Developer In The House? / How To Make Money (at Least $50 Daily) As A Java Game Developer Using Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? by PPIA: 9:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
Please is there any Laravel developer here using Livewire?

I am confused.

What is the difference between Livewire and traditional controllers.

I can't wrap my head around it.

I want to incorporate it for Ajax in my laravel App but it's Livewire components defeats the use of Controllers in my opinion.

Is it that you either use Livewire only or controller only or one can mix both.

If so, how?

Abeg epp me.
Re: Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? by losprince(m): 10:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
I don't get the confusion, Livewire is the answer to to building applications that feel like SPAs without having to use any front-end frameworks like svelte, react or vue.

The difference between Livewire components and Laravel controllers is that Livewire handles all network request Asynchronously, meaning there are no page reloads, everything happens behind the scenes with AJAX, as opposed to Laravel Controllers.

Note that Livewire does not replace Laravel Controllers, instead they work together. You can build a Laravel application without Livewire, however, to use Livewire you still need Laravel as Livewire itself is a Laravel package.

So to answer your question, you can use either Laravel alone or use it along with Livewire.

If you are confused as to how to use Livewire, the best place to start is the official Livewire documentation, follow the quickstart tutorial or watch the mostly free screencast and you'll be up and running in no time.

1 Like

Re: Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? by PPIA: 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
losprince:
I don't get the confusion, Livewire is the answer to to building applications that feel like SPAs without having to use any front-end frameworks like svelte, react or vue.

The difference between Livewire components and Laravel controllers is that Livewire handles all network request Asynchronously, meaning there are no page reloads, everything happens behind the scenes with AJAX, as opposed to Laravel Controllers.

Note that Livewire does not replace Laravel Controllers, instead they work together. You can build a Laravel application without Livewire, however, to use Livewire you still need Laravel as Livewire itself is a Laravel package.

So to answer your question, you can use either Laravel alone or use it along with Livewire.

If you are confused as to how to use Livewire, the best place to start is the official Livewire documentation, follow the quickstart tutorial or watch the mostly free screencast and you'll be up and running in no time.

Is there anyway I can use the Livewire components in my controllers to facilitate Ajax.

Because only part of the pages require Ajax.

PS. Not ready to go down the road to learn the whole 'Livewire framework package'

Thanks.
Re: Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? by PPIA: 11:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
I've got the Idea of LW Components now.

Thanks alot Iosprince
Re: Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? by losprince(m): 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
PPIA:

Is there anyway I can use the Livewire components in my controllers to facilitate Ajax.

Because only part of the pages require Ajax.

PS. Not ready to go down the road to learn the whole 'Livewire framework package'

Thanks.

You cannot know how to use it without learning it.

Let's say you have a user controller that loads a view to display a user's information, in the view itself you can include a Livewire component that let's you credit the user's wallet without having to reload the browser.
Re: Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? by losprince(m): 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
PPIA:
I've got the Idea of LW Components now.

Thanks alot Iosprince
You're welcome G. glad I could help.
Re: Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? by fman(m): 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
PPIA:
Please is there any Laravel developer here using Livewire?

I am confused.

What is the difference between Livewire and traditional controllers.

I can't wrap my head around it.

I want to incorporate it for Ajax in my laravel App but it's Livewire components defeats the use of Controllers in my opinion.

Is it that you either use Livewire only or controller only or one can mix both.

If so, how?

Abeg epp me.
always confused!! Mushroom script kiddie..
Mods don ban your other moniker dmca?
Stupid cultist 🤣🤣

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Wordpress Developer / Ready To Learnn Trade Forex With Available Signals Doing 30-40+ In Profits Daily / Instagram Account To Buy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.